“Busy”

Ranked #1 of 91 Restaurants in La Marsa
Price range: US$24 - US$61
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Situe sur la plage de Sidi Abdelaziz a La Marsa, le restaurant Le Golfe vous accueille depuis plus de 50 ans de midi a minuit en service continu.
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Went on business to Tunis. At here on the recommendation of colleagues. Nice food, though the menu has no English translation. only Tunisia wines, but our choice was fine. We arrived early, but within 30 minutes it had filled up, so a booking is probably necessary.

3  Thank burenye

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

A mediocre restaurant with a great view. Average cuisine, wait staff does it's best to compensate for the chef's gastronomic shortfalls. Overpriced given the tastless cuisine we were served.
Avoid at all costs!

1  Thank Mourad B
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Sadly I didn;t take my camera on our visit but I can honestly say this is one of the best meals I have eaten!
We went on our last night in Tunisia - for which I am sure my husband is grateful otherwise we would have been back there every night!
The staff were attentive but not overbearing
We sat at the table and were immediately brought a selection of french bread and a traditional bread accompanied by a fish pate, a tapenade and a very moreish harissa dip. The bread was replenished without us needing to ask
For starter I had the most delicious salmon tartare with an avocado mousse. It had been made in a rectangular shape about 12 x 2.5 cm with the salmon on the base and a delightful avocado mix above ; my daugher had a similarly shaped aubergine dish with a cheesey/yogurty topping; and my husband had the freshest grilled sardines ever!
For mains we all chose the special of the day fillet steak. It was a Rossini style with fois gras on a crispy bread base, truffle mash and a mushroom sauce. We had all requested our steak cooked to different degrees and none of us were disappointed.
This was by far the best meal we had on our stay in the area and I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant to anyone
For the three starters, three fillets and two bottles of a very acceptable red the bill was just about £100 - bargain for food of this standard

3  Thank MrsBSandwich
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I made a réservation at this restaurant one month in advance, and when I called 2 days before to check they did not have it. I booked for a special occasion. Service is horrible horrible, Apparently if they don't know you they treat you like $@1*. They served a stale food to my wife and they did not even offer her a replacement of anything else. When bottle of water was empty the server never were around to replace or offer other drinks. I just want to know how they got their tripadvisor recommandation. The food was not great and all four of us rated it 2* mediocre. You better go to a lablabi place at least you pay for what you get.

1  Thank Me M
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Definitely need a taxi to go, but once you get there, worth the experience. Right on the beach, this is a chic, understated restaurant with comfort and elegance all in one. We went for an early lunch and the place was empty, but soon filled up quickly within the hour. Food was excellent, fresh, delicious and well prepared. Seafood and steak were fantastic. Paired with a Tunisian wine and some dessert, made for one of the best experiences on our trip. Would highly recommend!

2  Thank Cohibaba