we stayed in this hotel between 30 june - 09 august 2013. We was 8 person, splitted into two families. I booked All Inclusive, because it is more better for my family. I chose this location because a few friends told me it is ok, nice and super Beach, and it is something different from Monastir, I refer here to the beach. And in this regard I have not cheated at all.
Are generally satisfied with this holiday and will recommend this hotel to anyone known for the same things that I've been attracted to him: the locvation andthe Beach.
But, to be short, I emphasize fast and elegant what was good, and what is not.
HOTEL: very nice and elegant, huge, coolest than outside(verily), clean.
GARDEN: tended garden, gree and not dry like other gardens in other hotels in the area. very very nice
BEACH: very fine sand , almost white, with many beautiful shells, the water is warm and crystal clear blue. I have not seen aquatic fauna, a few (2-3) small white fishes. No dolphins, no jellyfish, good. Underwater see nothing, just sand.
Overall, the location is excellent.
MAIN RESTAURANT: clean, but need some ”update”.You will not always find clean plates or glasses or soup bowls, forks, spoons, etc.
The food, the vegetables, the fruits, the cakes, cookies, the salads, the bread, soft drinks or alcoholic Beverages, wine, beer or anything else: IS VERY VERY GOOD quality and in enough quantity. Always will fiind something good to eat, even are you a vegetarian, or a carnivore.
AMERICAN BAR: Good, nice...so ”amerkan”. Is the only place from where you can get bottled water to the Beach or in hotel room for free, if you have AI, if not you will pay ~3 USD for 900 ml.
The ”ON THE BEACH RESTAURANT” actually is not on the Beach - clean, but you will not enjoy anything here, in a Word: horror. The snacks, inexistent or a few pizza slice (two fingers) disgusting, no taste. You have, hovewer, cookies. The soft drinks with taste of drugs., The alcoholic drinks were the worst kind, inacceptable, whisky - paracetamol taste, buhka - horrible, gin, i shall be sick. the beer was acceptable, the only one what you can drink!
Coffee sucked, I never drink coffee sucks so alive.
Not gave coffee spoons. If however you receive one, the waiter told me to lick the spoon and blend afterwards in the other cups. I felt humiliated. I never expected such a humiliating response, not in a 5* (???) hotel, not even in a pub.
My brother in law is German, and he received the same treatment
If you want something bottled drinks (soft drinks, fanta, Boga, Coke) pay for it: ~3 USDs, for a bottled beer (0.33 ml) ~5 USDs even if you have All Inclusive.
ROOM CLEANING: good job
SLEEP QUALITY: very good
WAITERS: were deplorable, ALL (they are ALL, 7* ha-ha)
At dinner in the main restaurant, I saw a disgusting thing, waiters after emptying the table, and there remained half water bottles, they emptied the contents into another bottle by making one full. If you asked for a bottle of plain water, then they get one with the label changed and of course other 2-3 bottles filled, no matter what type of water was (gas or simple).
In the same restaurant, i was investigated by waiters if i have or not the All Inclusive ticket. I had to climb into the room and get my ticket to me, because I was refused to be served. Sucks, does not happen when I just arrived at the hotel, but after a few good days
Where was the animation team, very very weak. Zero absolut!
What would change in this hotel?
Staff, waiters, receptionists, otherwise leave `it goes so.
And finally a few recomandations:
- put a little soft drinks machine on the Beach, please. The only one bar from outside of American bar is the Beach bar, and ...it is not actually on the Beach
- increase the quality of alcoholic beverages, soft drinks. Even in the cheapest, stinking and ordinary pub serving drinks in the world so bad
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 1996, this fabulous Palace of 5 stars lying on a 6 hectare site is located on one of the best beaches of Tunisia's coast. The MAHDIA PALACE THALASSO offers 452 rooms and suites inspired by the style of the Tunisian pure art. Located in the centre of the touristic area next to a turquoise blue sea and a sandy beach, the MAHDIA PALACE THALASSO offers modern comfort to its guests and a real sense of relaxation and well being. This mixture of modernism and tradition, associated with the harmony of colours and style is worthy to the warmth of this jewel of the city of Mahdia. Distance: 3 Km from the centre of the city, 55 Km from "Skanes-Monastir airport", 35 Km from the Coliseum "El Jem. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Mahdia Palace Thalasso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mahdia Palace Thalasso Hotel Mahdia
- Palace Hotel Mahdia
- Mahdia Palace Hotel