“low-key and comfortable”

El Mouradi Cap Mahdia
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Mahdia
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Very good hotel where we love to come back! All is great, but they need to put more umbrellas and loungers as it seems that there are more guests this year! Some guests are pretty rude. Beware of the cleaner called Turkie who will come and tell you some sad story about her life, and wait for the money; she also gesticulates that she is hungry and will ask you to bring her some food and coffee! Once I asked her soft-heartedly if she wanted some coffee and she said 'No, I want some pancake!' The staff gets fed and they can come and help themselves to the food, it is only that she wants to be served! She hangs around pretending that she is cleaning hard until 6 p.m when the guests come back from the beach, so she makes sure she gets the money, coffee and some food! She gets moody and puts rubbish from other rooms if you don't do what she wants! A bit hilarious, but not good picture for the hotel. We never had this experience before. Also, the locals freely hang around the hotel beach, play football etc and when you ask them to leave they say:' This is Tunisia!' Something strange happened in their attitude towards the foreigners and the way they look at us this year. I hope we can go back next year as we feel that this beautiful country deserves to be admired. All in all great hotel, and great swimming in the most beautiful sea! Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sandra186273

Reviewed 28 August 2013

A very multicultural hotel , few British , lots of germans and Eastern block , had difficulty exchanging scottish notes .. but a MEGA star rep CHERYL fixed it for us!!.
Food pretty good for an all inclusive , staff amazing except reception who were arrogant , and talked down ... sack them and replace with the animation team ..who were the lovliest bunch of young folks...
Rooms clean ,location lovely .... I chose this hotel as it offered horse riding , but was told an 80 kg limit , Ive 3 horses at home ..so wasny expecting that!!!..Booked independantly through hotels own trip guy he was lovely .. remember and bargain though!... my holiday was saved , rain links nearby , sadly didnt have time to do that .. would defo go back .. but probably to hotel down road that offered my riding!.... 5* to Cheryl the local rep who saved our bacon .... hope Thomsons know what you do for them !!!

Room Tip: Felt vulnerable on ground floor would have prefered being single woman up a flight or two
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank xena666
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I spent a week at El Mouradi Cap Mahdia in July and it was the best holiday I've ever had, so much so, I'm going back for a week next month. The hotel, rooms, food, pool and beach are all well above a 3 star rating. The animator team are so friendly, so much fun and work so hard, they made my holiday so enjoyable, I will never forget it. Even during Ramadan when they are tired, they still give 100% to all the guests to make sure they enjoy their stay. I especially loved watching their dance every morning and I loved their evening shows. I was especially impressed by Alaa who was so funny, hard working and made sure I enjoyed my stay, i cant wait to see you all again!

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I’ve just came back from 15 days vacation in El Mouradi Cap Mahdia 3* Hotel. All the reviews, I've read are truthful and sincere. The Hotel is cozy, pleasant and comfortable. The staff cover all the bases in handling and servicing guests. Food is the best I’ve tasted in five years vacationing in Egypt and Tunisia (I’ve been in 4* and 5* hotels there, as well), however, western reader ought to keep in mind that in Serbia we are used to spicy and near oriental cuisine – lamb and mutton stew, or some kind of oriental goulash is simply unbeatable (for westerners there is always pasta, fish, vial, chicken or turkey, and not to forget cereals :D). The beach really needs some work, but generally is OK. The “trick” is to get up early (7 a.m.) and by 7.30 to be on the beach to put towels and to “reserve” your spot (or to “stimulate somebody” to do that instead of you)….That operation is not always necessary, but is recommendable. Picky guests aren’t gonna like the fact that there is no fridge in rooms; there is a slight inconvenience in getting fresh water, as well. I cannot comprehend why delivery of a bottle of cold water represents a problem for the hotel staff (In Egypt we’ve been getting two 1lit. bottles every day in the room). Guests are supposed to fill up their bottles in the lobby water cooler during the day (officially not permitted, but staff tolerate) or to buy bottled water for 3 dinars at the bar (3 dinars, about 1.5 euro). A handy advice is - take some shampoo with you!!! We (wife and little myself) were provided with the shampoo by the pleasant cleaning lady on the 13th day of our stay. Putting all those small observations a side, if somebody decides to visit El Mouradi Cap Mahdia 3* Hotel there is a good chance of having a very nice time there (maybe not “the best holiday ever”, because there is always a question – Comparing to what?) and to wishing to come back again. شكرا لك المرادي كاب المهدية الناس!

Room Tip: Find a way to get an useful advice from qualified people at the front desk....
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank MishaDim
Reviewed 8 August 2013

For that amount of money and a 3* hotel you seriously get more than expected.
Rooms are really nothing special, but you have everything you need, staff is nice even during the Ramadan when they are pretty tired and I have made quite a few friends over there.
Even if you are not into animation teams these guys are simply lovable. They do everything they can to keep you occupied during the day and also make a great show every evening.
Food in the restaurants is also great, from classical pizza/pasta/fries stuff to their traditional dishes.
It is definitely more than a classical 3* hotel worth visiting.

2  Thank tina_kadoic
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Everything was just great! I didn't expect much but I got everything! I don't have any complains. The beach is perfect. I was delighted by the show and animators. I admire them! I just came back home and I hope I'm coming back to this hotel next year! The best vacation ever!

3  Thank Maslacak
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I've just come back from my holiday and it was hands down the best holiday I've ever been on! The food was decent sometimes it was the same thing but I didn't starve which is the main thing, the rooms and swimming pool were clean which was good aswell. There wasn't much to do around the hotel other than quad bikes which I deffinately recommend but the animation team made up for that! They made a real effort to get you to join in in the activities during the day and also made a real effort to talk to you and your family as they would often come and sit with you at certain points and just have a chat especially Ala and Samel! They were so enthusiastic and it just made my holiday! And the other animateurs did make an effort to speak to you even though they didn't speak as good English. The evening entertainment was really good and you can tell they made a real effort. One negative thing I would say though is the German/Slovenian people were very rude and aggressive and violent at times which wasn't very nice and it's evident that this hotel is more for German/ French people. However I would deffintely recommend this holiday as the hotel and staff were lovely!

• Stayed: July 2013