El Mouradi Cap Mahdia
US$90
US$64
US$62
  • Breakfast included
Mahdia Palace Thalasso(Mahdia)(Great Value!)
US$73
  • Breakfast included
El Borj Hotel(Mahdia)(Great Value!)
US$31
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Topkapi Beach Mahdia(Mahdia)(Great Value!)
US$39
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one week from 8th to 15th June. We were generally satisfied with the accommodation and food until the lunchtime on Saturday 14th June when the lunch and dinner service was moved from the indoor restaurant to the open sided restaurant closer to the beach.
At this point the organisation of the lunch was far from adequate. In particular the barbecue arrangements were hopelessly disorganised and understaffed with the result that having queued for 20 minutes with hardly any progress I gave up and settled for cold salads. The whole dining room at this point was shambolic with tables not having been cleared of used crockery and especially vast amounts of uneaten food. One of the downsides of the whole self service arrangements was that many people took far more food than they could possibly eat. This artificially created a shortage of food. This is, however, not the fault of the hotel or it's staff but for us was a negative aspect to an otherwise enjoyable stay.
Contrary to the experiences of other reviewers we found the staff to be courteous, helpful and hard working.
For us, the location of the hotel was ideal for what we wanted for our relaxing beach holiday.
We also found the room and it's daily cleaning to be perfectly adequate.
We would also agree with many other reviewers that the animation team were very enthusiastic and entertaining.
We ventured out for half a day to Mahdia which is a cheap taxi ride away and found it worth a visit for an experience of everyday life. We went on Friday morning which is the market day for the local tradesmen and not geared for tourists.
One experience to mention is that we were approached on two separate occasions by plausible men who purported to be employed at our hotel and allegedly recognised us and named our hotel. As we, along with most other tourists staying at all inclusive resorts, were wearing our hotel wristbands we were readily identifiable. This is of course a complete scam designed to be taken into the town and we suspect to be encouraged to buy items from relations, businesses etc. After declining the first offer, we were then aware that this was indeed a scam.
Overall we were satisfied with our week here.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 204 on the first floor and we could just about pick up the wifi which was only available in the main building.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nfluffball
Reviewed 16 June 2014

OMG is all I can say, the worst food I have ever tasted, everything tasted the same,,, bland, cold and made me want to vomit. The choice of food was limited (I have seen more selection of food on a golden M menu !!!. The waiters were rude, arrogant and would throw their arms in the air, mumble in their native language and walk off in a hump if, like I did, you ask for the steak to be cooked a little more, ,,,(blood covering my plate doesnt appeal to me), or ask for more than 2 drinks at a time. On more than 2 occasions I had to walk round the restaurant to find cutlery as playing on mobile phones deemed more important to the waiters than clearing/ preparing tables. The stench from the hotels stables is disgusting, not something you like to smell en route to the restaurant. Finally on our last day there in 37 degree heat my husband and I were disgusted to see that the only 2 water coolers available in the whole resort were empty (at 1pm)and not re filled as apparently the hotel had ran out..........if however we did want water the very rude bar man was happy to slam on the bar 1 small plastic disposable cup of water.... (rations I guess).... thankfully for us our travel rep came to the rescue, rang the hotel manager, complained and demanded that we have water, (we were given 1 bottle each).....(at 6-30pm).... this may not sound too bad to some of you but trust me, it was worse than you can imagine.... I strongly advise that if any of yoh are even contemplating going here DONT..... 5 people moved to the hotel next to ours as a result of the food...... there were only 16 to start with....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We went as a group of 4 people for my hubbys 50th im going to be short and to the point
The staff totally ignorant except the cleaners who do your rooms
No please or thankyous. The food was not catered for the british this is what the waiters said they looked after the Germans and Russians very well but not the British there was only 12 of us in the hotel who were british the food was terrible my husband many times went up to complain that the food was cold no selection and also the bairn marie what keeps the food warm was broke when the food had gone that was it so you had to get in early we kept the shop in the hotel in buisness we lived on eggs toast crisps and sweets for 2 weeks. There was no English t bags the rep cheryl who was fabulous done all she could for us but once she had gone it was back to normal she also brought me t bags so I could have a cup of tea. We had 2 weeks of this you had to pay for towels safes water beds for loungers . It was a holiday from hell we then found out after about 10 days other british had turned up and refused to stay and were moved to a better hotel which annoyed us even more we are putting in a formal complaint as the holiday cost us a heck of a lot more as we had to pay out for food so we could eat. Thomsons should state in there wording that this hotel does not cater fot the british which it does not state. We come to tunisia every year for the past 9 years fancied a change of area and boy did we regret it hope this helps people thinking of going to this hotel

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Juli W
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a weeks holiday and what can I say apart from the food was all bland and was the same most nights it was cold and it took around 5 minutes to replace the food trays which had ran out. Dont try to speak to the waiters as they are ignorant and arrogant and just huff and walk away mumblings under breath if you ask them for anything in the restaurant or the bar.
The hotel it's self was ok and the rooms were clean just be careful of the maids they like to look through any of you stuff you leave out especially your tea and coffee
There are a lot better hotels in the area to stay in than this one

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bufta
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We spent a week at the hotel on an all inclusive holiday with Thomson. The accommodation was perfectly fine an hotel was clean. The food was a little disappointing and quite bland. The hotel seems to cater for mainly Russian and German guests. The area around the hotel is quite desolate and a taxi is needed to get into the old town although they are very cheap. Less than £2 for the journey.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple