“not disappointed”

El Mouradi Djerba Menzel
Ranked #12 of 46 Hotels in Midoun
Reviewed 15 June 2014

went last year, and was a little worried things wouldn't be as good as I remembered them to be.
But all was good. With the food, the quantity and variety is there, but when you are catering to masses sometimes the quality suffers. Prime site sunbeds are nabbed in the very early hours it is true, but I found beds in a quieter place at all times of the day (not saying where, I hope to go back). We had a storm one night, and a lot of seaweed was washed up on the beach, but with a JCB and flatbed truck, this was dealt with in a few days.
Special mention to animation team Imed, Sofien, Thoraya and Willy. Team as a whole good, these 4 excellent.

Room Tip: if you're not happy with the room you are allocated, tell reception the next morning and they wi...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Paul L
There are newer reviews for El Mouradi Djerba Menzel

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We throughly enjoyed our stay here and found it quite a good hotel. There was no way you could go hungry as food was never very far away. I felt the staff let it down as it was hard to see a waiter in the restaurant that actually wanted to assist in any way, and reception didn't understand much of what I was asking. Maintenance came to fix the safe on our second day, went off to get a part, didn't see him again! Maid kept leaving one bath towel for three of us.
Main pool was quite dirty and salty, but pool by the pier was excellent, as was the barman for that section.

All in all, the hotel was excellent and I would go back, but just hope that the staff have cheered up a little by then.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Russellosk
Reviewed 14 June 2014

after a dodgy start being put in s block we were changed to e block menzels saturday afternoon.this is our 2nd visit to el mouradi and we werent disappointed.
if you cant find something to eat from between 6.30 am till 11.30 pm then theres something wrong with you.as brits we forget that we are not the only people to be catered for.if you want a fry up for breakfast go to blackpool.
we loved this hotel the first time round there is a different anamation team but all the staff work very hard and really enjoy thier jobs.all staff are friendly and take time to say hello.
the weather is great.if your on a budget and just want to relax and sun bathe then this could be the place for you.
all i can say is 11 weeks and counting.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Spent 7 days in June 2014...weather wonderful...entertainment good (hard working crew) food tasty ( Tunisian)....nice to try food of place you are visiting....staff friendly makes you feel very at home....will visit again....had great time....lots to do if you want to....enjoyed my stay very much...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Caribbeanwoman60
Reviewed 8 June 2014

we have just returned from a 2 week stay at the hotel .......we had excellant weather and enjoyed our break in the sun ... there are some amazing and helpful staff and some that arent !!! the food was extremely repetative and 5 mornings out of 14 we had no cold meat buffet !!!...the active pool wasnt so clean and had debris floating in it most days ... however the quiet pool where we spent most of our days was lovely ......there are vast amounts of seaweed on the beach but the cleaner bits are beautiful for cooling off in .....in the evenings the entertainment was indoors in a sweltering hot room .....however for our last 2 days they moved it to the stage outdoors and the atmosphere was great and very enjoyable indeed ......nearly every night in the main bar they ran out of 1 or more spirits but there was always somthing to drink !!!...our room was lovely and comfortable and not far from all the main resort centre.....we did however have to bring our selves to get up early to reserve sunbeds as the first few days there getting down to the pool at 9 there was no chance of a bed !!! this spoilt the hol for us as setting the alarm for half 6 just to be able to get somewhere to sunbathe was somewhat annoying ... i am sure some people must have been surfacing at 5 or earlier to get their beds !!!!!!!!!!!!!! overall a good holiday but a little more organisation from management re ordering of stock for bars and more sunbeds and enough food for the breakfast buffet;;;;we probably would not return to this hotel however for what we paid we should not grumble

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank veralin
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

This was my 2nd visit to el mouradi and I had the most amazing time.
As soon as I walked through the doors the staff made me and my friends feel so welcome we were made to feel like royalty from arriving right up 2 when we left. I have made some amazing friends who I would class as long life friends.
The food and entertainment was amazing and they cater for everyone.
The animation team are great and they are so good at there job. Mido is my favourite and he made us feel so welcome he is always so happy and does his job so well, also momo and imed are spectacular and made us feel so comfortable and welcome at all times.
All staff in this hotel are so kind and make every guest who walk through the doors like they are royalty. I have never been on holiday and made to feel that special and this place sure does and they c thousands of guests each week. I can not wait to go back in 6 weeks for another amazing trip to this resort and c all the amazing staff!!
I love this

Stayed: May 2014
6  Thank Shanelle C
Reviewed 3 June 2014

El mouradi Djerba menzel is one of the top hotels I have ever been to, everyone is so lovely and friendly there and they really do make sure that you have the best holiday, the animation team is so good and I have made some really good friends with them especially Mido, he is the best and he is such a lovely person and makes you feel so welcome, he always knows how to put a smile on your face and momo is a top guy to, he's always making sure we are okaay and that we are happy, they have taken us off the resort and really made sure that we are safe, the rest of them are great aswell, I love them all and can't wait to see them all again in July

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank KatrinaLouise22
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midoun
Vincci Helios Beach
SunConnect Djerba Aqua Resort
SENTIDO Djerba Beach
SENTIDO Djerba Beach
#3 of 103 in Djerba Island

Been to El Mouradi Djerba Menzel? Share your experiences!