Me and my wife stayed at the One Resort 11th may - 25 th may 2014 , and after not finding many reviews decided to go ahead anyway .
The hotel is named one resort / sprinclub and eldorado club for a reason , thats so the bad reviews get spread about .
The entrance shows all 3 names , and when we had to get a taxi to " one resort " the taxi driver didnt have a clue , but eventually after us saying sprinclub took us back to the hotel.
It appears english people havent been to Djerba for 4 years , and Thomas cook have only started back in Djerba this year .
Just 1 flight from the uk a week , sunday am from manchester .
If you are not a single woman looking for a holiday romance avoid ths place is you want to be looked after !
None of teh waiter staff / bar staff / entertainment team bother with couples or families , all they are interested in is chatting up single women / all the time.
They are ignorant , and its sickly to watch them as its so obvious.
No english were involved in anything entertainment wise , as the entertainment team didnt speak english or even try to mingle with the brits.
The restaurant is good , and does have plenty of choices .
Although its the place i have ever been where its self service , you pour your own beer / get your own wie , pour your ow soft drinks / make your own coffee . This is for breakfast / lunch and dinner ?
The 24 hour pool bar / food area is a joke.
We had a trip to the star wars area , and went into the fast food restaurant for some breakfast , but was refused even though it was 06:15 . They wouldnt do us a pizza as it was too much trouble and gave us 2 buns instead , some 24 hour service that was.
The al la carte restaurant was also a joke ???
You could only book once per stay not per week
you had to book via the customer service lady , and it had to be 2 days in advance , then even stranger you had to pick your meal there and then.
1 cold starter / 1 hot starter / 1 main / 1 desert each . So we did as asked and chose on the monday for friday.
The friday came and we got 1 cold between us / 1 hot starter between us , when i challenged the french speaking waiter he didnt have a clue what i was on about. So 15 minutes later a waiter who could speak english told us we didnt ask for 2 starters each , just 1 cold 1 hot between us , which we didnt. The lady didnt write our requested numbers down correctly ? So we were really dissapointed and for teh 1st time in my life , i didnt leave a tip.
The pool area is large with plenty sun loungers , and the beach is the same but windy , which is good for catching a tan.
There is a safe in the room , free
another large negative for me was they dont serve rum , and the vodka is watered down and doesnt actually taste like vodka.
The crocodile farm is only 5 mins away in a taxi , and cost 3 dinar £1. well worth a visit if you go to djerba.
The crocodiles are almost 40 foot long , and their literally is hundreds.
Only 15 dinar for the entrance £6 each
I did tell teh management the whole entertainment team should be sacked instantly , as they wandered round shouting for basketball or something , then as soon as they spotted a single woman forgot all about the customers and chatted to the single women instead .
If you dont speak french dont visit this hotel , as all the french seem to get looked after , sod teh rest of us , especially english .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Djerba Golf Resort & Spa is situated in the island of Djerba, in front of the unique Djerba’s Golf ground (with 18 + 9 holes), at six Km from Midoun and 18 Km from Houmt Souk, the main town of Djerba. Also it is about 25 Km from the International Airpot of Djerba. The Djerba Golf Resort & Spa is built front beach on a nice garden of 14 hectares, the infrastructure is spacious with a three-storey building which contains 275 rooms. ACCOMMODATION: 275 rooms with safe free, air conditioner/heating (according to the season), telephone, satellite TV, mini bar, balcony or terrace, bathroom with toilet and bidet separated, hairdryer. Connecting rooms are available, baby beds on request. Types of Rooms: -Standard Rooms: 216, area 26 square meter -Quadruple Rooms: 12, area 40 sq.m ; occupation 4 adults max. -Family Rooms: 04, area 45 sqm, max 04 adults + 02 children -Superior Rooms: 32, area 27,5 sq m, modern, king-size bed -Junior suites: 06, salon, one room and bathroom -Ambassador suites: 04 , 1 salon, 02 rooms, 02 bathrooms -Handicapped room standard : 01 well equipped ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Djerba Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sprinclub Hotel Midoun
- Sprinclub Resort All Inclusive
- Djerba Golf Resort & Spa Djerba Island, Tunisia