I have just returned from a week at One Resort, and all I can say is how much I enjoyed my holiday there. I suppose people have different expectations and opinions of hotels, but I really cannot understand where all of the bad reviews have come from!?
Not a lot around the hotel at all, but the resort is huge, and for a week, I didn't feel like I needed to leave the resort.
The rooms were completely spotless and clean. Nothing falling apart! They were cleaned on a daily basis, beds were made and clean towels provided.
As the hotel is all inclusive, it is a buffet. In the mornings, pancakes and omelettes are freshly made, as well as an orange juice bar where oranges are freshly squeezed. Lunch and dinner are a little repetitive, but have a main meal which is different every night. Again, all freshly prepared, and the food is piping hot. I am very fussy with food, but cannot fault their choice of food at all. I always piled my plate high!
No problems with staff at all. They do have very basic understanding of the English language, but if you give them the time of day, they are extremely helpful and polite. The entertainment team are brilliant, always on the go and making sure everyone enjoys themselves.
Pool and beach:
The pool is lovely!! Always managed to get a sunbed. The atmosphere was very relaxing. The beach was lovely. The sea is crystal clear. I was always by the pool, so can't really say much about the beach.
If I had to moan about anything to do with the hotel, it would be the spa. The group I went with all booked in for a massage. My friend and her boyfriend went in one room and myself and my boyfriend were split up. For some reason myself and friend had a male therapist and the boys had girls. I wasn't covered up during the treatment and the man was getting way too close for comfort, that I wanted to leave. If you are wanting this type of treatment at the spa, please ask for a woman therapist, as the men clearly get a little carried away!
Also it is a nightmare to change dinar back into sterling!! Cannot do this at the hotel and the staff on reception informed us this can be done at the airport, which it cannot! So if you end up with money at the end of the holiday, change it into euros, to then change into pounds once back in the UK. Was a bit of a nuisance!
All in all I had a fantastic holiday at the One Resort, and would definitely recommend the hotel to anyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Djerba Golf Resort & Spa is situated in the island of Djerba, in front of the unique Djerba’s Golf ground (with 18 + 9 holes), at six Km from Midoun and 18 Km from Houmt Souk, the main town of Djerba. Also it is about 25 Km from the International Airpot of Djerba. The Djerba Golf Resort & Spa is built front beach on a nice garden of 14 hectares, the infrastructure is spacious with a three-storey building which contains 275 rooms. ACCOMMODATION: 275 rooms with safe free, air conditioner/heating (according to the season), telephone, satellite TV, mini bar, balcony or terrace, bathroom with toilet and bidet separated, hairdryer. Connecting rooms are available, baby beds on request. Types of Rooms: -Standard Rooms: 216, area 26 square meter -Quadruple Rooms: 12, area 40 sq.m ; occupation 4 adults max. -Family Rooms: 04, area 45 sqm, max 04 adults + 02 children -Superior Rooms: 32, area 27,5 sq m, modern, king-size bed -Junior suites: 06, salon, one room and bathroom -Ambassador suites: 04 , 1 salon, 02 rooms, 02 bathrooms -Handicapped room standard : 01 well equipped ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Djerba Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sprinclub Hotel Midoun
- Sprinclub Resort All Inclusive
- Djerba Golf Resort & Spa Djerba Island, Tunisia