“worst hotel ever!”

Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Midoun
Tetbury, United Kingdom
“worst hotel ever!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

no customer care whatsoever, inedible food, dirty from,rooms to outdoor areas all inclusive but seldom had drinks avalible, stained table clothes dont seem to want british there pushed out of the way by staff members after 2 days paid to move from this vile hotel please dont waste your money pictures look great but are far from the truth!!

Room Tip: we booked sea veiw dont bother paying the exstra as we could barely see the sea
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank kristian h

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have just returned from a week at One Resort, and all I can say is how much I enjoyed my holiday there. I suppose people have different expectations and opinions of hotels, but I really cannot understand where all of the bad reviews have come from!?

Location:
Not a lot around the hotel at all, but the resort is huge, and for a week, I didn't feel like I needed to leave the resort.

Rooms:
The rooms were completely spotless and clean. Nothing falling apart! They were cleaned on a daily basis, beds were made and clean towels provided.

Food:
As the hotel is all inclusive, it is a buffet. In the mornings, pancakes and omelettes are freshly made, as well as an orange juice bar where oranges are freshly squeezed. Lunch and dinner are a little repetitive, but have a main meal which is different every night. Again, all freshly prepared, and the food is piping hot. I am very fussy with food, but cannot fault their choice of food at all. I always piled my plate high!

Staff:
No problems with staff at all. They do have very basic understanding of the English language, but if you give them the time of day, they are extremely helpful and polite. The entertainment team are brilliant, always on the go and making sure everyone enjoys themselves.

Pool and beach:
The pool is lovely!! Always managed to get a sunbed. The atmosphere was very relaxing. The beach was lovely. The sea is crystal clear. I was always by the pool, so can't really say much about the beach.

If I had to moan about anything to do with the hotel, it would be the spa. The group I went with all booked in for a massage. My friend and her boyfriend went in one room and myself and my boyfriend were split up. For some reason myself and friend had a male therapist and the boys had girls. I wasn't covered up during the treatment and the man was getting way too close for comfort, that I wanted to leave. If you are wanting this type of treatment at the spa, please ask for a woman therapist, as the men clearly get a little carried away!
Also it is a nightmare to change dinar back into sterling!! Cannot do this at the hotel and the staff on reception informed us this can be done at the airport, which it cannot! So if you end up with money at the end of the holiday, change it into euros, to then change into pounds once back in the UK. Was a bit of a nuisance!

All in all I had a fantastic holiday at the One Resort, and would definitely recommend the hotel to anyone!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Amy H
Boston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Got back from Djerba today. Moved from this hotel on the second day, would have left sooner had there been accommodation elsewhere,as it is the most vile place I have ever stayed. Paid £105.00 fee for my daughter and myself to get out of there. The carpets to the rooms had huge dirty stains, the bedding was grimy, bathroom revolting, with toilet seat broken and urine stains around the toilet bowl. Staff, so rude I was shocked by their attitude. As we had no choice but to stay for the night, I decided to have an alcoholic drink, it was so watered down it was a joke. The barman slammed the glasses on the bar in front of me with such force I am surprised they did not break. Aggressive and sullen would describe the staff. Words cannot describe the leftovers they serve for meals. Leftover breakfast for lunch, leftover lunch for dinner, and leftover dinner for breakfast OMG...Yes, they disguise the pig swill with a dash of chilli, or add a few hard as bullets peas to the refried potatoes, I can understand any hotel needs to be economically viable, but there are more palatable ways of serving uneaten food. I was so upset for my daughter as she had booked this hole sorry 'hotel', in February and really needed a holiday. For the remainder of the week she also had to deal with Tunisian Tummy, did she get it here? I do not know. Would we go back, NEVER, So, please do not let her be unlucky enough to win the Thomas Cook FREE HOLIDAY vouchers !!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
14 Thank carol k

Travellers are raving about these Midoun hotels

Reviewed 15 June 2014

In this hotel was everything ok, no problems......... Beach and areal were beautiful and animation team and staff were so nice and friendly..... I would like to come back in future...... I recommend it.....

1 Thank Peťula F
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel is the worst place I have ever stayed. I never moan or complain about anything as I feel this is just not me or my character.. So this is a first for me - but feel I have a duty to anyone thinking of spending there hard earn money to advise you not to book this hotel.

Me and my friend went here for a week, and it was not enjoyable. The first room they gave to us, was very smelly - the sink had a awful eggy smell. Bathroom on a whole was very bad, broken tiles, holes in the wall. We moved rooms, the second room was better, but still very poor. The shower had a "shower curtain", that looked very old and worn - and did not hold the water in very well, so as much as we tried to avoided it, by the end of us both having a wash in the evening the floor was very wet.

We was only given two towels, and we asked for two more so we could have one for our body and one for our hair and was told that we was not allow any more! So had to use the small hand towels for our hair, every night.
The beach towels you have to pay for! So lucky we had taken our own, so escaped that unknown extra cost!

The food was poor, no fresh fruit, in fact no fruit at all at breakfast! And no water at breakfast either. There is no service on any level. The table cloth and napkins were sometimes still dirty.

We once went to the bar and asked for a cocktail, and was told they would not make us any different ones because there was a table in the reception area with a few ready made cocktail - that sat there all day - (so we passed on them, and went without).

The beach was nice, we had some bad weather one evening which brought all the sea weed in- but that's only nature and by the following day most of it had been cleared away, had nice sun loungers with cushions at the beach. But the pool sun loungers had no cushions..very uncomfortable.

I found the staff very unhelpful and at times rude. I smiled and was polite, trying to make the best of a unpleasant situation - I feel whilst out there the only thing to do was to get on with it and enjoy my time out of the hotel on the beach in the gorgeous sunshine. I would strongly recommend you not to book this hotel. But if you would like to go on holiday in Djerba then choose SENTIDO DJERBA BEACH, I went there last year and it was completely the opposite a lovely hotel, great food, fantastic customer service and all in all I should have gone back there, I've learnt my lesson...don't make the same mistake I did!

9 Thank Chris K
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Where to start!.
Had to change rooms when we arrived as there was a very strong sewage/damp smell in the room.
Bits of paint were coming off the walls, the toilet seat wasn't fitted on properly.
2nd room was better but still at a very low standard. Both bathrooms had shower curtains so after you had showered the bathroom turned into a wet room!
You have to pay 40euros for a beach towel!. there is NO customer service at all in this hotel.
The food hall was the most disappointing part of the holiday with the same foods on offer everyday, no fruit or water available for breakfast. I had to ask daily for these in French as there English is poor to say the least!. The table cloths & napkins were often still dirty from the previous day. Never any cutlery to use when you was getting your food/deserts again everyday i had to ask for some!.
The hotel itself is a complete hazard with bits of metal sticking up from the ground and the floor was always slippery with sand and dirt!.
The sun loungers by the beach were comfortable with nice cushions to lay on.
However the ones by the pool didn't have any and were very uncomfortable to lay on. I did ask if i could bring a cushion up from the beach to use but i wasn't allowed, again i asked for this in French!!..
We was offered a room to use on our last day to get showered in ready for our fight home as you need to be out of your room by 12. someone had used the room before us so the towels were wet. I went back to reception to ask for some dry towels for us to use but they couldn't offer us any!. Once again Amazing service!!!!
this is by far the worse hotel i have ever stayed in. Last year i stayed in Sentido Djerba Beach and it was amazing!, same star rating as this one and was pretty much the same price!!. Should have gone back there!

Room Tip: Don't waste your money on any of these rooms!
7 Thank Rebecca J
Uttoxeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Before i start the hotel was lovely . The staff though were a different kettle of fish, no-one could understand us at reception although i had my doubts wheather this was by choice , had asked at the desk for our safe to be opened never saw anyone so had no room safe all week .Waiting on staff were arogant, and would walk passed you while waiting at the snack bar, but most staff seemed to be fine with other guests , dont really think they liked the british in my opinion. Food was awful mainley stews and mixed veg if they did have a carvery bit you got the smallest amount given and looked at you in disgust if you asked for more. very very repeatative,anything that was nice they were always running out of so was replaced with a repeat of what was already on show. the pool was very nice and the entertainment team were the only ones that spoke sociably to us. The beach was nothing like the pics advertised it the sunbeds and canopies were really run down and the beach at the waters edge was built up with seaweed , they had a notice though saying they wernt allowed to remove it. All in all we were very disappointed and wont be returning .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank lindawat1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midoun
Yadis Djerba Golf Thalasso & Spa
Isis Hotel Thalasso and Spa
Les jardins de Toumana
Les jardins de Toumana
#16 of 45 in Midoun

Been to Djerba Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!