Went on holiday in August 2013 with my wife and two daughters aged 11 & 8.
The hotel is generally ok - value for money - kids loved the pools and slides and the tunisian and italian restaurants were good.
However 3 main reasons I'd never go again:
- room is too small for 4 people (probably designed for 2), felt bit old but agree you shouldnt be spending much time in there.
- restaurant is a joke with too many people and not enough serving areas. After a few days it feels like the same things are being served up and not everything looks appetitising. That leads most folk to go just for the pizzas or chips rather than what should be good food for that night.
- flies - my god they are everywhere and we were all ill at some point during the holiday which I can only put down to the flies. What else could it be when we've travelled abroad every year and never sufferred like we did there.
Its ok for the money, but I'd rather go up or down the coast where they are no flies or stick to other countries.
Its a bit of a shame as they are so close to making this hotel a great resort.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Houda Skanes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Houda Skanes Hotel Monastir
- Houda Skanes Tunisia/Monastir