“Amazing Time”

Ranked #17 of 43 Hotels in Monastir
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing Time”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Myself & my partner went to this Hotel back in August 2013 and we had the most amazing experience ever.

We booked through Thompson (which was a very easy & straight forward experience) had a very good flight; couple of issues once we landed as we waited for about an hour to check out of the airport and then got attacked by the porters!

The hotel itself is very nice; the staff are very helpful and very friendly. The waiters especially can take the most credit; we tripped them most of the time and they always had a table waiting for us on breakfast, lunch and dinner. They even had drinks on the table as well.

The Holiday Rep Julie was incredibly helpful she helped us book all of our trips and she was there for us whenever we needed her. If there was an option for the rep I'd give her a 5/5 Top Lady!! :)

Overall we had an amazing time and I would recommend this place to everyone! :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aaron N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2013

To start of our holiday we had a delayed flight so got there later than expected then put into a very dirty room which had not been cleaned since last guest there was dirty nappy's laying on the floor the sheets and towels had not been changed every thing in the room was very dirty so we wen't up to reception and told to them that we would like another room we where told to wait until morning so this meant that we where to sleep in some one else's dirty and they never gave us another room and this was all the 2 weeks holiday so we told the rep that we wanted another hotel she told us it wasn't her job to get us another hotel we also sen't tex's the travel buddy they where just the same as Julie the rep no help there to.
So we decided we aren't going to get out of here so we will just suffer it until its time to go home then my wife got really very very sick so sick that I had to call out the doctor to see her in the middle of the night she was given an injection some tables and some powders to take then see the nurse in the morning for another injection we where a bit lucky as we where nearly at our date for going back home which we couldn't wait my wife really did have a struggle with the flight home as she was feeling so bad so when we get home we had to call out the doctor in the night as my wife was getting much worst three day running the doctor was out at my wife taking all sorts of test now we have the test back and she has caught ( SALMONELLA) AND SHE STILL VERY ILL NOW WITH IT.WE ONLY DID EAT AT THE HOTEL AS THERE WAS NO WHERE NEAR FOR YOU TO GO OUT TO.
And plus we thought we are all inclusive so we will not need money for to buy food we do have a doctors letter that my wife has caught salmonella while there so we do have the proof and I will for sure being in touch with thompson very soon so all you that are saying that this is a nice hotel well you are just one of the lucky ones as lots have said the same as myself .
we will never ever be back in this hotel or the country ever again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank john j

Travellers are raving about these Monastir hotels

Cannock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I've not long come back from a Lovely relaxing holiday at this hotel with my mom.

I was very worried after reading some of these reviews for my holiday but...... I had nothing to worry about!! I think some people on here expect way too much and forget they are traveling to a poorer country then our owns tho in the hotel you would never know this!! Yes it may not be a 5* hotel but you would know this when booking. And if you do not like to try new/different foods then an all inclusive holiday abroad is not for you.... I'd stick to Devon and burger & chips if I was you!!

The hotel was very clean & tidy, people cleaning all day long!! Rooms where cleaned & towels changed daily!! The rooms where very roomy & comfy!! The staff were very friendly and always spoke to you when passing!! They were very helpful & caring (And not just for tips either!!) There was plenty of food & choice (alot more then I've had at an all inclusive before!!) Food freshly cook infront of you at every meal time!! You can eat & drink here 24/7....... you would never go hungry!! Breakfast 7am -10am, Late Breakfast 10am -12.30pm, Lunch 12.30pm - 2.30pm, Afternoon Snacks 2.30pm - 6.30pm, Tea 6.30pm - 9pm, Bar Snacks 9pm - 8am

We were 2 females on our own and we didn't have to worry about any hassle off the men at this hotel or rude comments etc. So I do not know if people on here were actually at the same hotel as us!!

There was entertainment on very night..... May not have been the best every night but we still enjoyed it and we had meet people/friends so would sit & have a drink with them anyway!!

There were activities in the day for adults & kids & a mini (kids) disco every night, which they seem to enjoy!!

The Thompson rep Julie..... She was nice enough but we did not see much of her all week!! And at her Welcome Meeting she wasn't very helpful regarding Tunisia, the area and helpful tips for your stay!! She did like to talk more about herself and where she has been and what she has done!! And the helpful tip about if you have to go in a taxi anywhere look as if you know where you are going otherwise they will take you to there families shops..... How can you do that when you've never been there before!! And her answer to Pick Pockets was put bits of money in different pockets so at least you have your taxi fair home!! But this does not happen in the hotel anyway so.....!! Outside of the hotel may be a different story but trust me you do not have to leave the hotel..... Everything you need is on site i.e a shop that sells everything, market once a week, food, drink, sports, beach, watersports, spa, gym.

The only problem we had.... And it's not the hotels fault!! It was advice given to us by our local Thompson rep when booking our holiday!! She advised us as Tunisia is a closed currency you can not change your money before you so sold us Thompson Travel Cards with GBP Sterling on them and told us we could use these to change money or buy things!! But she failed to mention that the hotel did not have a card machine (and not any do as they get charged for card transactions) and the only ATM machine to draw cash out was a 10 min ride away in a taxi and after Julie's comments me & my mom where not going on our own in a taxi in Tunisia!! So we did not have any spending money which to be honest we didn't need and we lasted the whole week on the £40 cash I had in my purse which we changed at the hotel reception!! And we even had massages in the spa (very nice!!) with this as everything is very cheap!!

So my only tips for you is take cash with you and change it at the hotel & just take £20 in pound coins for tipping!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Amy S
london
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My holiday had a bad start before I even let the uk so I was unsure about going on own, im pleasd Idid. Julie the thompson rep made me feel very welcome.she spent so much time with making my stay enjoyble.the animation team are friendly, speak so many different llanguages so they can communicate with al guest.yes there guests from all over Europe there, friendly enough.a few who moaned constantly to other brits, u make it what u want it to be.the food was no different to other hotels I have staye in tunisia and egypt.it was my birthday while I was there, was a fantastic time having guests sing to me, a meal and lovely cake.even staff members took time out to wish me happy birthday.met some great people out there who made my holiday worth while going.i wouldnt hesitate about going bck with my children, the room was cleane each day, spacious, comfy bed, large bathroom, julie you made my holiday and I truley thank you.

Room Tip: Rooms arent by pool, short walk and ur there
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Augs one week stay 11th till 19th 2013 if you dont want to read all of my review take from us this place is not fit for purpose it is a fly infested dump. Avoid this place totally.

Arrived at four in the morning and got a welcome drink,, nice, taken to the room tip to the bellboy that was where the enjoyment stopped, the room was a dive, but after seeing other rooms later on it was better than some, toilet seat broken, no towels, no toilet paper, marks whichlooked like phoo turned out to be burn marks from cutting metal postson the floor, oh yes the room was filthy.
The full week was spent fighting to get towels toilet paper and the room cleaned.

The place was full with russians and forgein people very few brits not that was an issue for us but the brit freinds we met had kids and none of the kids parties etc could speak english.
The food was vilie and made infront of you by cooks with overals that car mechanics have worn but with the added sweat of the wearer, ohyes and the cooks use their hands on your food, but thats ok because as you sit and try and eat the flies land all over it.

Staff are either really nice or not but the sweat stained clothes really put you off and our rep was more bothered about her boyfreind the crap dj of the place than her residents, the manager omg this guy couldnt run his nose never mind a hotel but was very good at running his mouth off to the guest forgein and british.

Others lovely things, powercut twice in one week, toilets blocked three times and phoo, yeap phoo running out the ladies toilet, two cockrotchets running out the mens toilet probably tring to get out of the place, jellifish stings screams from the beach, the smell from the sewars is well you canimagine. I could go on but had enough of bad memories.

Best thing about this hotel was leaving it ,,, its the pits,, and shouldnt be on any travel agents list

Nb please note we stayed in HAmmamet earlier this yr and the hotel and the staff and people were brilliant hence the return visit

Room Tip: In this hotel thereis none
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tess442016
edinburgh
Reviewed 20 September 2013

My second day here in this hell hole I want out and no one will help us I really do not want to be here but we are stuck herefood is horrible room was very dirty when we arrive first night baby's dirty nappie in the room toilet seat Broken we havnt felt comfortable here at all since we arrived its really only for the Germans and Russian and all others in that country not for the Brits that's for sure the Brits are really not welcome here. I have asked our rep to get us out of here but she keeps on telling us all hotels are full I will keep on trying though can not spend the rest of our holiday here another 12 days NO WAYany births read this pls pls pls change minds do not come here as I said we are here right at this moment as I write this do not come here go some where else as u will waste ur money it's so horrible here other Brits want out tobut are told the same thing as we are getting told.Can not even have some tea as they said no hot water as it put all the electric of what an excuse if I ever heared one and must give tips if want a reserved table in the dinning room or any where as for that matter so u have paid all this money for ur holiday here for all inclusive so I do take it that u have paid for the staff I really do not mind to paid tips but not when u have to get ur own knife and forks spoons and other thing ur self that's bait much I think anyway so the drink are terrible all watered down but the wine is alright the beer my hubby said u just get a lot of wind with it that's about itso if u come here do not expect to get a buzz from the drinks here and as for the rooms u will get a bad room not the one u have asked for u will have to pay extra for that one it's all robbery so if u come here don't say u have not been well warned pls look for another hotel do not listen to the rep as she told us it was fab huh

Room Tip: No any rooms at or near the pool so do not ask for it and wifi very poor some u have not always
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lorna J
devon
Reviewed 10 September 2013

first day we had a tropical storm and oh my thought it was turning into a hurricane but it lasted about a hour and then it brought an amazing light show of lighting in the evening.the bars were excellent allinclusive drinks were abit watered down but stick with the wine and you wont go far wrong.the food was very good especially the freshly hung and cooked tuna (fiencee thought it was a mackrel as tuna doesnt look that big on the tins in england hehehe bless)after explaining its just a picture and reminding her of the size of the mackrel back home she tried it and loved it!i would say keep an eye on your young girls out there as they will prey on them like vultures from ages of about 10 upwards!an awsome tip i could give is always haggle the silver bangles they try and sell in the hotel are about 5 dinar in the markets in souse(good guideline) they have local lads that offer to take you around souse for a price (10 dinar) to get a bargain they dont they rush you through and take you to their friends shops and then rip you off with the price (theyre on commission) a swedish couple foolishly paid 125 dinar for 3 scarves and an extra 100 dinar for a real"golden" bracelet golden being the primary word it was plastic luckily they saw me haggle for the shisha pipe i wanted and saw me knock the price down from 355 dinar to 55 dinar with free coals tongs and tobacco or the tour guide would of ripped them off with that aswell (shisha pipes around souse town can be brought from around 15 dinar just plastic ones metal from around 30-60dinar).we were there in oct 2012 and missed the festival of the lamb by a week which was abit gutting as theyre very religious people.the hotel yes sorry alot of germans when we were there some very very rude and ignorant some very friendly the brits were well behaved for a change and one german was trying to get other germans to go against me and antagonise me into a fight (i wasnt interested i was on holiday) they followed suit untill he left mid week after that they were all smiles and here have a drink my friend have a drink.the bar staff were very friendly and some could speak 7 languages which is amazing.the chefs were brilliant nothing was to much effort we made good friends with mario a chef and anus the bar man and still have kept in contact till sept 2013.a let down was the spa i felt more like i was being raped then preparing to relax ... oh unless thats what they do to get people relaxing when washing your bits?and for 110 dinar a little pricey as there were cheaper better options outside the hotel.outside the holiday complex ewww it was like a cargo plane exploded and the bags were dropped ... everywhere litter everywhere they just dont care where they dump it too.the entertainment was aimed for the kids ...hey that was fine just hope they understand german the adults entertainment was mtv from 10-12 they did do 2 nights which was the tunisian nights and the fire breathing guys worth staying around for.like pretty much any holiday dont go with the reps they rip you off go independantly we done the pirate boat thing and saw the dolphins we done the camel trek and horse riding and that all came to 60 dinar each thats meal included veryvery good value as it works out to about £20.oh and if you tip the waiter of the evening say 2 dinar they are very very attentive as through the winter there is no tourism and they only survive on around 20 dinar a week.dont just visit souse visit the other places there is a nice town across from the salt lakes and things are valued for the locals see the price difference before going to souse

Room Tip: take bug spray the ants are mooohoosive
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple