“Inspiring, relaxing environment”

Gallery Espressioni
Ranked #12 of 16 things to do in Monastir
More attraction details
Owner description: Espressioni is a lively Gallery & Exhibition Podium. Displays of local artists, art & design fairs, courses and concerts are some of the many activities Espressioni offers. The art and handicrafts sold at Espressioni are mainly made by individuals from the city and province of Monastir. In this way Espressioni contributes to the local community and its economy.At our café you have the opportunity to meet locals which gives you an idea about the culture and traditions.
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Wonderfull, quiet place in Monastir to drink a coffee or tea and eat something nice baked. One of the very few places in town where you can get inspired by the art of Tunisian artists. Including a beautiful garden to sit and relax, good service and an inspiring artistic boutique. A nice place to spent some time to come to ease and get inspired by the artworks or buy an original souvenir.

1  Thank LJdeRonde

Reviewed 17 April 2013

When I was visiting Monastir, I've discovered this unique place. I found myself wandering through some streets and suddenly there was this red word on a white wall: Espressioni. I peeked in and felt at home right away. The food was good too: I enjoyed a fresh strawberryjuice and delicious (!) cheesecake, but what I liked the most is the relaxing atmosphere. When I was there, there where some local students jamming on guitar and piano. If I could, I would have stayed longer, but I am definately coming back! I did buy a beautiful souvenir: a lamp made by a local artist, so now my house has got a little bit of that 1001-night feeling.

1  Thank Renazda
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I visited the Gallery Espressioni today; it certainly has a nice and relaxing atmosphere with beautiful art from local artists. It is easy to find near the boulevard. The owner and staff speak English well and are very helpful in suggesting other nice places of interest in Tunesia.

3  Thank Christiaan R
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I recommend stopping in to Espressioni-- the warm welcome, the comfortable setting, the great apple pie, and the quality art from the region. We have a beautiful painting now hanging in our home thanks to the folks at Espressioni. Whether you want to browse, buy or just have a coffee-- this place is a welcome retreat form the city noise and smells.

1  Thank OnePackJack
Reviewed 13 April 2012

This is a great place to come and engage with the local culture as well as see the best art and hand made items and souvenirs that you can take home. I tried the apple pie and it was amazing. The owner of the shop is a really nice guy that speaks 5 languages so he should be covered no matter where you are coming from. He said he could ship the art worldwide pretty inexpensively as well. A must see.

3  Thank Marty O