“Great fun and excellent value!”

Houda Golf and Beach Club
Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Monastir
“Great fun and excellent value!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel offers great value for money. It offers basic accommodation with lots of entertainment for both adults and kids. Travellers should not expect 5 star service and the hotel gets very busy. The staff do their best to offer a great service and the animation team don't stop all day to keep you fully entertained. You can join in the fun or just sit back, relax and watch what's going on. If you're looking for a fun packed holiday with something for everyone plus extras to choose if you wish at an affordable price, this is the place for you. Be prepared to tip as this is expected and is part of the culture and buy plenty of mosquito repellent (there's no danger but you will get bitten). There are also shopping centres locally and trips available if you want to venture off site. A great holiday and I would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Garden views also offer a sea view. A/C is available in all rooms but during the hotter periods of t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Sheffield
Reviewed 8 June 2014

stayed here's from 23rd to 31st of May. On arrival was told I had a family room on the second floor and I wasn't happy as I have a disabled son. I was told I could change tomorrow. after sleeping then asking if I could change was told tomorrow. I refused to move from the reception desk. was then given ground floor room. The food was ok I always found something to eat. The snack bar by the pool was good but long queues. The kids liked it loved the pool. As for the animation team I didn't really chat with them. They tried their best to make it a fun time. Houda was very funny always chatted with me. my daughter loved chou chou at kids club. The night club was basic but the kids liked it. overall this place is nice but basic. I like tunisia but I think will try another hotel next time

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank sally4791
Great Yarmouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with a friend and I found the hotel to be lovely.
We arrived later than expected due to flight but check in was quick and the man was friendly. He even got us a bottle of water as the bar was shut.
Room was clean and basic but as we was only sleeping there it wasn't an issue. Lovely clean towels also.
The hotel was clean and there was always people cleaning round the clock.
Restaurant was good with a variety of food. The a la carte restaurant was lovely on the Italian night.
Pools were open and there was plenty of sun loungers. Bar snacks were also available and the chips were yummy.
All in all a great hotel and I would go back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gemma B
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This hotel was extremely basic with watered down drinks, dirty rooms and rats/mice in the air vents that ran around all night so you were unable to sleep! We reported this to the manager and he basically laughed and told us that they come up from the beach for food!!!!
The food wasn't terrible but pretty close...
We booked through Thomas Cook and the rep at this resort was about a useful as a chocolate tea pot obviously this is through no fault of the hotel but just added to the whole experience. He was nowhere to be seen for most of the week apart from when we wanted to book trips, we booked a safari which was really the only thing we wanted to do and we had to get up at 7am to get the bus when we came down that morning to get the the bus we were told that the trip was full and we couldn't go, despite having booked this through the rep and paying for it?? We were told that a letter should have been posted through our door, my partner went back up to the room and low and behold found the note scribbled down on a scrap of paper. This must have only been put through our door when we went to breakfast as it was definitely not there when we left the room, the cowardly rep didn't even get up and come to the bus to apologize to all the people who now could not go for the mistake he made in over booking. In the end luckily 2 people did not turn up and we managed to get a place but it was really badly handled and managed by a less than impressive rep!!

Dont go to this hotel and certainly do not book through Thomas Cook!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lou-harte
Ghassen M, Responsable commercial at Houda Golf and Beach Club, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Hello Dear Guest,
We are happy that you have chosen us to spend your holiday time, and we are sorry that many things didnt go like you expected.
The drinks are not watered, maybe more soft than yours in UK, but never watered.
Rooms are cleaned daily, only if you do not want to be annoyed.
Rats and mice in the rooms, really dont know what you are talking about. the safety of our guest is foremost, and we never allow to see rats and mice anywhere in the hotel.
For the safari trip, the safari representative is independant from the hotel, but as i see it was a missunderstanding, and we are sorry about that.
We will investigate more for the things that happened with you, and we are always improving our services.

See you soon at Houda Hotels Tunisia.

Ghassen M
Webmaster
Houda Hotels Tunisia.

Travellers are raving about these Monastir hotels

Chippenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed from 22 -29 May for my birthday treat, I booked this hotel especially for the spa facilities. Being a single female I requested a quiet room, they gave me a room that wasn't quiet & a toilet that had no flush facility, just a hose & tap on the wall. They moved me to another room with a sea view. My overall stay was amazing, the pool was very clean & Hamdi (lifeguard) was very dedicated to his job, even risking his own life when someone was said to be missing in the sea, but had just wandered off!!! The staff made me feel extremely welcome & looked after me.

The hotel rooms were clean & tidy and for a holiday where you use it just to sleep it is ideal, the rest of the hotel is lovely.

On one day from the pool, my clothes went missing....so if anyone found brown shorts & top when they unpacked, they were mine, however my room key was in my pocket....I had to purchase a new key about £1 ....

The spa is exceptional value, try the seaweed wrap, sauna then seaweed then jacuzzi then massage all for around £30 ...the staff are very professional & the spa rooms are fresh & clean, I had 3 spa treatments in 1week....well it was my birthday......

On my leaving day I was told my transfer would be at 05;45 from reception, I arrived to be told my transfer left at 3am, so I had to pay to get a taxi to the airport 60tdn, .....my fault I should have checked online.....this caused some raised heart rate but overall I had a lovely holiday.

I didn't get to thank all the staff for looking after me & they work all hours for around £400 per month, 6 days per week, a small tip goes a long way.

I hope this helps, it is a reasonably priced hotel, could do with some updating but if you are not happy then talking nicely & politely to the reception staff & saying thank you goes a long way.
Enjoy your holiday x

Room Tip: The hotel is vast, ask to stay about the indoor pool, it's quieter & may have a sea view as...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Mary L
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel 25th May - 1st June.

The hotel may not be the Ritz but the staff are amazing, they work such long hours and are always pleasant and courteous. The massive downside are the other guests who could be so rude first couple of days we had to get up at 5 for a sunbed that wasn't good but towards the end of the week sunbeds were plentiful. Weather was amazing, food was ok, room was ok, always plenty of hot water. Would I go back YES in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jo H
Paris, France
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Really deceiving hotel. Rooms are very dirty and outdated, restaurant full of flies that lands on your meal while eating. All my kids being beaten by insects. Ignorant and arrogant staff "not all". We are very very disappointed. My advise go to hammamet better over all hotels.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends