Amir Palace
US$92
US$90
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Regency Hotel and Spa(Monastir)(Great Value!)
US$48
Elvoline
  • Pool
1,197 results
All reviewsanimation teamwater poloaqua gymmisterwaitersholidayentertainmentdjshowsdiscoabduldartsdancelol
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I am sitting here in the bar wondering where this 5* rating has come from. I can't see it.
I arrived here on Sunday and by Thursday I was onto my third TV, all of which could have been beckoned by Noah onto his Ark.
It's a beautiful looking hotel that is just let down by some aspects.
The staff are OK, but it just takes too long to get a drink in the bar. The activities team try their hardest, and as you usually see abroad their there in the morning and to the end of the night, I've nothing but admiration for them, I couldn't do it.
My room was very small, even though I travelled alone it still felt small.
To say my room "could do with a lick of paint" was an understatement. The balcony door was very hard to open.
The food was pretty atrocious with hardly any choice and I didn't enjoy what their was. I ended up eating out on some nights(italian restaurant in Sousse was nice)
So, not exactly the best holiday I''ve ever had!
As you can see the 5* rating is a joke.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MTblackoud
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Arrived back on Weds. All I can say is C**P food, C**P hotel, C**P service, C**P destination. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!! I have been to many places and have never, never been so disappointed in my life.

Room Tip: Ask for a front room facing the sun
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 13Ela
Reviewed 6 February 2014

on arrival to this hotel it looked magnificent with its marble staircase that is what gets it 5* on check in we were not offered a welcome drink i asked in the bar for a drink of water and was refused because i had not been issued with a all inc band.

our first few days were fine, but i took ill, and asked reception to call me a doctor but they told me to contact the rep nabil, i got the reception to contact nabil and he would not come to the hotel but told me to go to the clinic in monastir and the reception called the gate to get me a taxi

we were given the run around as the clinic had no doctor and we were sent to fatima hospital (which actually looked more like a war zone than a general hospital) we were escorted into a room and i showed the doctor there my bleeding disorder card and he told me to go back to my hotel that he could do nothing for me.

once i arrived back at the hotel i asked the man on reception to contact nabil again and he complained that i was running up the hotel telephone bill.

nabil arrived 45 minutes later (he only lives 10 minutes from the hotel) nabil eventually got me a doctor @ 20.00hrs some 3 and a half hours after i had first called him, once the doctor arrived we were sitting in the bar i got up to go to my room to see this doctor i showed him my bleeding disorder card and he then said he could do nothing, sending me to the local private clinic, this was now about 8.30pm, i saw a junior doctor who was unsure of the bleeding disorder card and then called a consultant who spoke to the other doctor in arabic which nabil could not translate so i had no idea what was happening i was given an unnecessary examination by this consultant, then the junior doctor arranged for bloods to be taken, with my limited french i knew what the third doctor was going to do.

nabile then told me that i was to go back to the clinic on the sunday and have more bloods taken and that i would get the necessary factor 8 injection on the friday 31st january some 10 days after my initial bleeding.

on the following morning i contacted my home haemophilia consultant here in the uk who called the private clinic for the blood results and called me back and reassured me that the bleeding i had was not as severe as i had first thought, but my consultant here in the uk told me where the local haemophilia hospital was in sousse but the doctors in the hospital fatama nor the private clinic could tell me where this centre was.

during all this time nabil moaned that he would not be paid for translating for me at the clinic, and that his wife and children were crying because he was doing his job.

reception
the hotel itself was impressive on entry

bar
but the all inc bar was poor and very cold bar service was very slow and guests were often ignored while waiting staff stood behind the closed in bar area smoking and chatting.

entertainment
staff mohammed and jimmi were very good full of fun a+ for them

room
our room was very nice as the receptionist rashad (i think that was his name he was the smaller of the 2 reception staff) had made a special effort to get us one of the best rooms in the hotel

restaurant all inc

food was very good with lots of variations on tunisian food on offer daily as well as your pizza's salad, chips the soup was really good

A La Carte restaurant

with your all inclusive you get 3 nights in this restaurant free in the winter months giving a choice of German, Spanish and Italian

but you can only eat so much chicken and on our last night we opted for steak @ 25TDN each with a 20% discount total cost for our A La Carte meal being less than £15

the only down side really was that a lady passed away on the 1st Feb during the karaoke from a diabetic seizure, the entertainment staff were very professional and poised when the karaoke ended early as the guests in the downstairs bar could not get up the stairs as the lady was being resuscitated out in the lobby

we were allowed upstairs some 30 minutes later at 23.00hrs

to this lady may she rest in peace

Room Tip: watch out for housekeeping staff going through your clothes, and other things, items were taken from room (cigarettes, earing studs drinks being taken from bottles gin and whiskey including tonic but i think that the drink was drank by person on duty on a wednesday) ask for a free room upgrade when you arrive
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Went for dawns 50th birthday surprise holiday . had a great time ok weather was very windy but was sunny week. The food always had something for everyone dawn is very adventous and found only one thing she didn't like I am a tad more reserved but the fresh pasta cooked to order was wonderful. Had soup one spicy and one mild so all happy.loverly salad bar and if you had a sweet tooth was fresh fruit and up to ten deserts. Our waiter hatem was a star we entered the dinning room and our drink of choice was at the table before we were. I cant say how the breakfast was as never managed to get down to it as not morning people lol ,You should try the Tunisian brandy too as very smooth. And was plentiful with our coffee after our meals the only down side of the holiday was paying 20 tsd for a henna tattoo on my last day, it looked like a 5 year old had done it but ok he did say he had not done this pattern before and as I have had henna work before I know that you need to leave it a couple of ho urs before it stains the skin but 4 hours later I washed my hands and half washed away, this must have been eye liner not henna. But the holiday accommodation entertainment and staff were all good and we would go back. Had a really relaxing holiday thanks

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dianne R
Reviewed 5 February 2014

great staff Value for money really enjoyed our holiday sea view room a lot of British holiday makers to meet up ENJOY your stay without any fear all very safe do go and visit local Towns weather wad great sea very clear and blue sand very clean

• Stayed: January 2014