My husband, 4 year old son and I went for 1 week at the beginning of August. The beach made our holiday. I put our towels out there at 7 but I could have left it later and still got a place. The pool areas were totally overcrowded and we avoided them.
My biggest warning - the water slides. I went down the plug hole slide, flipped over, was badly disorientated and cracked my elbow and knee. My elbow is still in pain 2 weeks on. I am still waiting for a reply to my email of complaint. I saw water leaking from the joint of another water slide. The staff on the slides might as well not be there as they did not regulate them. I heard stories of toddlers in arms bands going down the plug hole slide, people going down when there was no running water, a teenage boy I spoke to cracked his head at the bottom and many others I spoke to were bruised. My 9 and 11 year old were on holiday in the UK - I'm glad they didn't come as i would have banned them from the slides and they would have been miserable. Thomas Cook and the large German, French and Russian tour operators have low if not no health and safety standards for these slides. A quick Google search will show you how often these types of companies are sued.
Pirates and Galleons trip - I loved El Jem colosseum but hated the cheesy pirate boat ride. As for tipping - just get on with it and tip, see it as part of the cost of the holiday. The highlight of our holiday was befriending a Tunisia family who showed us genuine hospitality and friendship.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near to Monastir and approx 12 km from Sousse ( Skanes - Tunisia). Broad, fine sandy beach. 22.000 Sq. M of gardens. A childrens paradise. Short transfer. Plenty of action and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sahara Beach Aquapark Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sahara Beach Hotel Monastir
- Iberostar Hotel Sahara Beach
- Iberostar Hotel Monastir
- Sahara Beach Hotel Tunisia
- Sahara Beach Aquapark Resort Tunisia/Monastir