Skanes Family Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Garden Beach(Monastir)
Amir Palace(Monastir)
1,026 results
All reviewsswim up roomevening entertainmentgreat holidaysnack barkids and adultsentertainment teamfussy eatermonastir airportpoolstunisialaughbits
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived at skanes family resort myself my partner my dad and my 2 daughters aged 12 and 1 on 25th June we had 2 rooms between us that was cleaned daily by our lovely maid we had a lovely time by the pools we found the quiet pool the best always was able to get a sunbed every day and the entertainment by the pool was good done by a great guy called bora bora always got u in the pool doing water aerobics and Zumba he also did other activities such and darts and archery etc the bar staff around the pool where great always brought u a drink gave them a little tip daily and they would look after you always so friendly also there was a little club near the pool called the snoopy club the 2 lady's in there where lovely one called Katy and the other sofi was really good with the children,we found the restaurants where nice always a good choice of foods had a diff theme every nite the beach was lovely even though we stayed round the pool and the beach bar did great toasties and paninis all round we had a great holiday and would go back thank u skanes family resort for a lovely week

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Hayley F
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my family arrived at skanes family resort on June 25th 2014, the food was great, staff was very friendly would recommend to families with young children for entertainment, the pools are very good, lifeguards are not very good at watching they would be on there phones or walk to the beach, bora bora was one of the best there, he would keep you entertained through out the whole day, he treated me and my family very good he would always check if u were okay!

Stayed: June 2014
7  Thank Lauren Smiley H
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were a family with a 4 year old, we stayed from 18-29 June. We arrived just after midnight, they had kept the restaurant open and offered us dinner but we declined as it was so late. The only negative thing about the arrival was that the check in process was so slow, took nearly an hour before we got to our room as we were one of the last to be seen, yet we had a crying, tired 4 year old, would have been nice if they had thought about that and sorted the families with obviously tired children first, as we weren't the only ones.

Our room was a swim up room, absolutely lovely and clean and kept so throughout our entire stay. Our maid was Hamida, she was so nice, couldn't do enough for us. One night my child was sick through the night so I had a pile of dirty towels and bed linen. When she came to the room to clean, I explained and she was so nice. My daughter was asleep at the time so she returned at various points through the afternoon to ensure that we didn't need any more towels/linen, so thoughtful. Only pitfall with our room was that the balcony door in the kids room didn't lock and the rugs in the rooms were really slippery on the floor. They look nice but not very practical. The safe was very temperamental too.
We went to the welcome meeting and were offered a guided tour which we accepted. Well worth the extra 20 mins or so being shown things and offered tips and suggestions by Graham who had very honest and frank opinions which we liked and respected.

We spent the first few days at the slide pool. Much busier than the other one and more going on. We quickly realised that the 'cleaners' at the pool reserve the sunbeds and then will offer the best beds to the biggest tippers. Not something I condone or liked. The remainder of the holiday we spent at the 'quiet' pool which was a much better choice. No reserving bed business there. In fact you could get a bed at anytime through the day, always some available and no one wanting a dinar to help you put your towel on the bed. The hotel employ an entertainment guy called Bora, amazing man with so much energy. He was great. Watch out ladies he will have you doing water aerobics whether you want to or not - but in a nice way!

We went on the pirate boat trip with Ali Baba. We enjoyed it.

The beach outside the hotel is clean but there's lots of beach sellers who target the kids, so beware. They will have scarves, shells, kites and jewellery dripping off your kids saying its a gift etc etc.

The kids club was fantastic, no complaints at all there, they do an amazing job. Special mention to Silly Sarah and Super Shaun who my daughter loved.

The evening entertainment is ok, repetitive yes, but no different to any other family hotel in the Thomson chain really. Same program and set up that they've had for years, so could do with revamp for sure. Make sure you watch the silk show, an act brought in by the hotel - mesmerising in my opinion.

The bars, well, the one by the quiet pool was great. Friendly attentive staff, particularly Raouf. The sports bar is ok too. The bar at the amphitheatre omg, shockingly awful. Slow service and for the bulk of our holiday there was only one miserable surly man called Abdulmonem serving. My God he was awful. The last few days he wasn't there - what a change. Keep him off!!
One word of warning regarding the drinks - Dont bother ordering diet coke. They have bottles of diet coke as its not available through the pumps, only when they think you aren't looking they just top these bottles up with normal coke. I saw this on many an occasion.

The restaurant is ok. The kids choices are very limited and repetitive. There is plenty for the adults. We thought the lunches were always nicer than the evening meals, but that's just a personal thing. They have theme nights, the only one we didn't like was the Indian Night (not to be confused with the Indian restaurant there). We didn't try the Indian restaurant based on the buffet night as it was vile. The drinks service at the restaurant is very hit and miss. Didn't even get offered a drink on many nights despite tipping on previous ones, so in the end we just got our own juice instead and gave up waiting for 'waiter service'

On leaving, we were being picked up at 6am. They open the restaurant early so you can get breakfast or a drink if you want before you leave which is a nice touch.

Yes the hotel is in the middle of nowhere in the sense that there's no shops or bars in the vicinity, only big hotels, but we knew that before we booked it so it wasn't a problem or a shock.

All in all we had an amazing holiday, I would recommend this to families for sure.

Room Tip: Get a swim up room, well worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Saffron M
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Ju returned from a fantastic weeks holiday. The hotel is perfect when you have a small child with you and most of the staff couldn't be more helpful.Only down side being ripped off by Ali Baba who shouldn't be allowed to push his boat trips on site....he's more expensive than thomson and tells lies to what you can do ..Other than that would definitely return.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank barbie067
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Could not fault this hotel most staff very friendly just a couple that couldn't break a smile if they tried, good selection of food especially the beach snack bar my grandson could not leave the cheese toasties alone. As for entertainment it was all geared up for the children which was good but would have been nice to have a little for adults, as for the Thomson team they was always round the slide pool and to be honest I only spoke to a few of them a couple of times through our 2 week stay. The best entertainment ewe had was Bora Bora he was absolutely fantastic he got you into everything if he could water aerobics,Zumba,bokwa he was such a character he even remembered your name which was nice. I think all in all the hotel need to get more of Bora Bora than the Thomson team but it says something if the hotel are employing from outside what they think. This is a lovely family holiday but would not recommend for adults only.

Room Tip: Interconnecting are spacious I wouldn't book a pool room as it's not needed
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family