Just returned from a lovely 2 week stay at Rosa Beach. We flew into Monastir airport which was very handy as is literally across the road from the hotel. Although the hotel is so close to the airport this is not an issue, as it's not a particularly busy airport so you don't notice much in the way of plane noise. We arrived to the hotel about 11am and as expected our rooms were not ready till about 2pm, but this was not a problem as we had packed our swimming stuff in our hand luggage so we were able to head straight to the pool for the few hours. We were also given our all inclusive wristbands so we were able to get drinks and have lunch.
We were very pleased with our room, was very nice and spacious and the housekeeping staff did a great job at keeping it clean, also ensuring we had clean towels and plenty of toilet paper etc everyday.
The food was fantastic. At all three mealtimes they was great variety, particularly enjoyed the omelette stand in the mornings and the salad bar at lunch and dinner. There was plenty of meat dishes, salads, pasta etc so no one could go hungry here. The desserts were amazing too and you are spoilt for choice! We were also pleased that the food that was supposed to be hot was always kept piping hot and the cold food kept chilled. We were well looked after by Ali, who always made sure we had a table and drinks.
The a la carte restaurants were also fantastic. The Tunisian meal was very tasty, after our five courses we could hardly move. Having five courses was great though as you got to try all three of the Tunisian starters. The international meal was also delicious, again you got two starters and the main courses were delicious. In both these restaurants we were greeted by friendly staff who ensure you enjoy your meal and have plenty of drinks.
There was plenty to drink, we particularly enjoyed the wine at meal times and cocktails on the beach. There was a choice of spirits, these are local spirits but we liked them. There was also a choice of soft drinks and you can also get large bottles of water which are great for keeping hydrated in the heat.
We spent most our time on the beach. We had no problem getting sunbeds as a party of four. We used to head down to the beach about 8am, to enjoy the morning sun before breakfast and there were always plenty of sunbeds available. One day we headed to the beach about 11am and a small tip to the security and he found us sunbeds. The beach was lovely with shallow clear water, which got deeper the further you went out. The man and his horse work very hard to clear the beach of sea weed. Some sea weed did build up during the day, but we had no problem with this as its a natural process and if you stepped over the initial gathering of sea weed the water was beautifully clear after. There are also several activities you can do on the beach, there are watersports and one day we had a camel ride along the beach which was very nice,
The pool was nice and big, was salt water which was not a problem. We spent most of out time at the beach mainly because there was a slight cooling breeze which was very nice on days when the temperature reached 46 degrees. But we still used the pool a couple of times a day.
The hotel is in quite an isolated location, but its easy enough to get out and about from the hotel. We took a taxi into Monastir to do some shopping one morning. There are plenty of taxis outside the hotel so you can pick one up. We went on the 2-day Sahara Explorer trip which I would highly recommend if you want to see the real Tunisia. You travel right down to the south of the country visiting El Jem, Matmata, Atlas mountains etc. The trip into the dessert is great and you get the choice of a horse and cart or camel ride into the Sahara so all in all an amazing experience. There is a lot of coach travel involved in this trip but you do get to see a great deal. This trip costs £92 pounds bookable with the Thomas Cook rep, and included meals and an overnight hotel stay so you just have to buy your drinks for the two days. The overnight hotel stay is basic but its comfortable enough for the night and makes you really appreciate Rosa Beach when you return.
This was a very enjoyable first trip to Tunisia and would highly recommend to the open minded. Weather was fantastic, plenty of sunshine. Rosa Beach is a lovely hotel and definitely worth a visit and would love to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SENTIDO Rosa Beach is directly located at the beach of Monastir and invites you to relax your holidays in Tunisia. In the east of Tunisia, at the sandy beach of Monartir, is the SENTIDO Rosa Beach. In approximately 7 km you can find the city center with many restaurants and shops. The airport of Monastir is approximately in 10 km distance. The SENTIDO Rosa Beach offers four different restaurants in the hotel with Tunisian, Italian and international cuisine. Furthermore, there are three hotel bars where you can enjoy your evening with a tasty drink. Besides the fitness programs you have the possibility to play volleyball, mini-soccer, darts etc. The Mini-Club for children in the age from 4-12 years provides many fun and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your SENTIDO Rosa Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lti Rosa Beach Hotel Monastir
- Rosa Beach Monastir
- Rosa Beach Hotel Tunisia
- SENTIDO Rosa Beach Tunisia/Monastir