“Family holiday August 2013”

Caribbean World Monastir
Ranked #14 of 43 Hotels in Monastir
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We have visited this hotel with two kids and we had a good holiday.The hotel is average and packed with russian tourists. Cheap accomodation with fairly clean rooms. Although the resort is said to have 4 stars it is clearly 3 star and if you accept this you will have nice holiday. The behaviour of the staff is OK but receptionists are annoying. Bakhsis is expected but if you do not give it is all right as well.
Since there are loads of loud russian tourists English speaking guests are welcome.
The splash park is OK. You still need to wake up very early in the morning to find empty sunbeds.
Food is OK in quantity and quality but do not visit the theme restaurants (especially avoid italian and grill restaurant) because they are very low quality. Try not to go to eat too late because you might not find what you wanted.
Expect to have "sorry we are out of beer" episodes when they just do not serve beer. Other local drinks (gin, vodka) are always available from 10 AM to 11 PM.
Do not buy anything inside the resort's bazar it is very expensive. You need to walk only 200 meters to find good quality fix-price shop (Folio Center).
If you go to the bazar in Monastis or other towns be careful with your money. Do not wear expensive gold necklace and hide your money well away.
If you like something try not to tell them, keep poker-face . If they say "100 dinars" your price should start on ten dinars. You will meet somewhere in between. Never give more than the third of the original price fro anything in the bazars.
Do not buy anything from the walking sellers at the beach. Just ignore them and they will not disturb you again.
We went on camel trip and pirate ship trip and they were OK.
So we had nice holiday and kids liked this hotel as well. Fair quality for the money spent.

Room Tip: Rooms at the main reception are a bit far from the sea but they are nice and quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank PetoZoltan

Reviewed 9 August 2013

At first excuse me for my very late review. But I only wan`t to express my oppinion about this hotel. I was on vacation with my boyfriend in September 2010 and I have no complaints. We were very pleased with the food and service all inclusive. On the first night we asked to change rooms and they cater to us as soon as any of the rooms was released and cleared. Not far from the hotel is also a few shops, bars and restaurants. The hotel has an excellent location, from the hotel beach you can see city of Monastir on one side and the city of Sousse on the other side. Very enjoyed for the price we've paid.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Slovenian_DG
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Family of 7, children (5,8,9,10,14) also mother in law came with us. Basic hotel, but what i have learnt since this holiday is you pay for what you get. It was a cheap holiday for the 8 of us, we choose this hotel because of the splash park, but after being at the hotel after a few days the boys and my husband got a red rash from the the sea salt water from the splash park. which spolit it for the two younger boys as they didnt enjoy the second week in the splash park so we stayed in the other pool which wasnt sea salt pool. we had a lovely holiday and enjoyed our time at the hotel aswell. we would of liked more food and drink choices. but again you cant expect 5 star plus when u stay in a 3 star hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Katherine P
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Before I start, I have to say, that I have visited other 4* hotel in different parts of the world, so I have something I can compare with.

First impression was very bad, we arrived in the evening, so we just got keys an we have to find our room on our own. When we booked this hotel, we thought, that we will be by beach - that was mistake. Hotel is actually two hotels. One is by the beach and there is a lot of russians and second is aprox. 300-500m from beach = that was ours. Dinner was every day quite same, same meat, same vegetables... There were grilling every evening turkey. It was quite tasteful, but not for every day. The meat was sometimes raw!!!, so it was very dangerous for a lot of children there. In the morning they were making pancakes and omelets. That was great BUT there was every morning huuuuge line of people waiting for pancakes. it was very amusing. Also Cook was making pancakes for us but also for STAFF!!!! Unbelievable!! We were happy, that we will finally get some pancakes, but he took several times all pancakes and omellets and he gave it to other cookers there! And it was every day!Also sometimes she refused to give us more omellets than we wanted...Table-cloth very every day very dirty and the stuff of kitchen were putting clean cutlery on it! They didnt change table-cloth after each guest, even if it was so dirtyyy!....Only meal that was great was pizza(by the pool), fruits (melon, peaches...) and 1day we had seashells and shrimps.

Beach was very dirty, they didnt clean it, there wasnt enough place on the beach for all guests. Also sunbeds were every day on same place, where guest left it. Stuff didnt take i away. Best way how to spend nice day on the beach was going to next hotel on the beach. They care about it and it was beach like in caribean sea :) But we had to buy off security there( Coffee, sweets...). In our hotel, there was no security....

Pools were very good, enough sunbeds. What should be good, where tobogans. There were quite dangerous, because it was very painfull. Nobody take care of tobogans, they need some renovation. But if you had plastic bad, you can ride on it, and it doesnt hurt you :)

Drinks on bar responded to price, we paid for this hotel. Some limonades from machine, local alcohol. At the beach bar, they refused to give us vodka with juice. They had it, but they were giving it just to russians :)

One day it was raining, and water started flowing from the ceiling. Finally we received new room. And this new room also didnt smell like that old one. Telephone didnt work and in aircondition was mould! Water sports on the beach was something, that saved this hotel from giving it terrible in all colums. I like windsurfing, so I was riding there every day I could, or when the wind was blowing.

I would never go here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tomiiik7
Reviewed 21 June 2012

This hotel should not be a 4* it was disgusting! The staff were un helpful and rude, there was no Internet the rooms were small the food was bad there was no fruit for breakfast. The complex was dirty the rooms were dirty and smelly! There were squashed mosquito's on the walls and they buzzed around your head while you tried to sleep on the concrete beds. They lied about the closing times of the restaurant as I had to wait for a visa on arrival so I sent my husband and kids to the hotel. The man at reception said to my husband you have to hurry restaurant closes at 21:00 you have 10 mins well the kids needed the toilet so they missed out. When I arived at 22:00 I asked for food for the kids just chips or something cause they were hungry and the same man said no it shuts at 22:00 so I said its 22:00 now can I get something he said no its shut. Then the man that took me to the room said it closed at 21:00!!!! We changed hotels the next day to Sahara beach 3* it was perfect and a breath of fresh air!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Lindieking
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Extremely hard working staff in every area of the hotel. We had the same cleaning lady every day who was very friendly and would always leave little gifts for our son. The UK run kids club was great and took wonderful care of our son who broke his collar bone shortly after arrival. And we were well taken care of by our rep who ensured that we weren't ripped off by doctors charges etc. The animation team worked almost non stop to ensure that everyone young and Los had a good time.
The daily food buffet was good and despite some complaints from fellow Brits, there was a lot of choice. Local wines and lagers were quite nice also.
There was a lot to do around the hotel, many pools, archery, crazy golf. Lots of water slides led into a salt water pool which I didn't like. The beach at the hotel wasn't great, very narrow and a bit grubby so we didn't spend much time there.
All in all though a good place for families.

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank Mrszombie
Reviewed 1 January 2012

it was amazing food vvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy good and annimation perfeyct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! me and my family l l l l l l o o o o o o v v v v v e e e e e d d d d it wow it was just great i will visit it again

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family