“Don't Book !,”

Hotel Golden Beach Monastir
Ranked #36 of 43 Hotels in Monastir
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Booked for two week holiday what a nightmare, not all inclusive as advised, hotel pitch black when arrived led to room by porter with torch, room was very basic, balcony was overgrown by trees andbuilding site below, most of staff unwelcoming, buy water as not included, beer ran out, watered down drinks inc vodka and gin, food is a joke more flies than guests least they get food, birds inside and lots of cats begging, rats were seen and droppings, you can rent towels and sunbed mattresses, you have to get your own drinks before going into restaurant otherwise the waiters expect to get dinars! Lots of guests been transferred unhygenic dont book unless you want holiday from hell ! Photos can be supplied on request

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Golden Beach Monastir

Reviewed 26 August 2013

First of all, I was there only for a wedding ceremony of a couple of friends. The place was extremely hot and it turned out that the AC was out of service. This is just unacceptable for a hotel during high season, especially for a wedding ceremony in the middle of the summer. I was melting down so I decided to go outside for a walk and passed through the bar. I ordered a drink and sat down there justing watching people come and go. I watched the bar tender service and the least I can say is that is that it was the worst service I ever experienced. The bar tenders were disrespectul and unable to treat clients requests properly. I even saw a women waiting 15 minutes standing at the bar and all she asked for was two empty cups with some ice. Add to that the bar guy was insulting almost every tourist and he was speaking arabic to make sure they dont get a word of what he is saying. I am Tunisian and I heard what he was saying and the least I can say is that it was just unacceptable. The bar tender name is Walid, plus one other guy who seemed not to know a single thing of bar tendry plus another waitress.

Horrible service... Just don't go there, I can't even imagine how it is for a long stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Zarzoumia
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Just got back from an amazing week here.. The hotel was brilliant. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. Great service. Lovely food. Very clean. The animation team are absolutely fantastic and made the holiday for us. I read a review on here that made me question my holiday before I went..and to say the place was awful is just so far from the truth.. I will absolutely be going back there.., the sooner the better.... Best holiday I've ever had with my family..
Thank you to all at the golden beach hotel and hope to see you again soon x
Paula wilson

• Stayed: May 2013
7  Thank Paula01_wilson
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I spent a wonderful holiday in this HOTELS I had everything including a lovely quiet atmosphere perfect cozy kitchen is always smiling staff clean rooms clean beach and pool are very well relax as a family and the very special thank you to the guys who laid the animators and holiday cheer to the full principal in hotel very monitors , very central to maintain order and comfort, I will always recommend this gostinnica friends as well as get to it myself.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Juliya E
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Well well well my review me and my girlfriend came on this holiday after booking it thro telly text / Never Book thro them again! Rip offs!..... We looked on here after we booked this hotel and it said it was closed so we tried ringin telly text back and there was no answer but never. Mind got on the plane and then got 2 the airport and we wernt on the transfer list to get 2 our hotel! (HOTEL) we arrived at the hotel at 12:30am all the lights where off 2 people at the front desk told us to fill in forms couldn't see as no lights where on! Then we got showed 2 our rooms and he showed us 2 rooms so we picked 1 with a see view room and he said this is £10english per night even tho we asked for that view in the booking well I'm from newcastel and told him where to go... But first night windy as hell gaps in the pattio doors and we got all the draft not a good sleep at all the beds ar 2 single beds! Like planks of wood 4 matress.... You need 2 pay £20daina for a remote for the tv in your room, rooms ar very very basic and I mean very basic, well we got up in the morning and went down stairs and there is staff working in the hotel plastering bricks on the side in the hotel and cutting the grass when we ar sun baithing by the pool putting all the lights in no lights!. And there is no where in about 10mile in this hotel 2 go shopping or for food you will need to go for food as you will not like fish skin and fish heads every day and then for tea the same for but mixed in the salad the same fish! Its says its a 4star but when you get here it is a 3star but I would give it a 2 star if that I'm sittin in the hotel writing this now! Going home tomorrow there is cats all over coming to the window crying and they got like 1 eye and got kittens! Awful there is nothing to do me and my girlfriend sit in the lobby and play on our phones and ipod.... We came 2 this hotle to relax and enjoy this hotel is full of germans and forigrun people deffoo not for english people!!!! There is me and my lass and 10 other people in this hotel sick off my life I'm living of pringles! Do Not go on Boat trip they try and sell you in the hotel rip off!!!!! Don't go and don't go on the quad Bikes the fall apart and and its in some1s back yard!!!!!! The entertainers ar good lads there is 4 of them and they try there best but the hotle is very poor discusting! If you want any more info Feel Free to E-Mail me at scott02.com@hotmail.co.uk Thanks Scott...... P.s Don't Go Spend Money Els Were Please I beg for you! Its that Bad!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
6  Thank georgieq94
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We booked this hotel via lowcost holidays. When we arrived at the airport in Tunisia to get our transfer we were told Golden Beach was closed and we were going to an alternative up the road - (Skanes Serial).

We booked a Hammam/Turkish Bath experience at the Rosa Hotel next door for 80dinar - however what they do is take you back to the closed down Golden Beach hotel spa room. There were men working on it whilst we were there - doing it up. However a massive cockroach was in the steam room - so don't think they will be getting the all clear from public health for a while yet!

I am glad that we didn't stay there in the end as it was really grotty - better to pay a bit more and get somewhere clean/healthy.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gurux101
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I surely recommend this hotel to family and friends travellers, the views are great from balconies, foods are ok and staff is warm and helpful, All inclusif deal is a most in this hotel were u really enjoy it.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view better than pool view
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family