“Horrendous”

Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Monastir
liverpool
“Horrendous”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Anyone who is thinking of visiting ths hotel.PLEASE,PLEASE don't do it ! I'm not easy to please,but I have to say this was the worst holiday I've ever had..I did read some reviews before my husband and I left,but hoped that they were wrong.But and it's a very BIG but,the bad reviews were correct. The food was disgusting the entertainment,if that's what it was supposed to be,was total rubbish.I don't call a young man crawling around on a stage with a father Christmas hat on entertainment ! And it wasnt even christmas ? when another act did come ,one of the staff had to stand behind each one of them so that they could have there turn on the one and only microphone.there was one lady who has visited the hotel many times.but myself and other guests came to the conclusion that she could never have been anywhere else..also she was was stoned out of her mind every night.maybe it was to forget we're she was ! Ha ha.i wanted to fly home after the first night.it was so boring.and believe me i love my holidays.truly this is an horrendous place to stay.dont throw your well earned pay away.please don't do it! I have to give one positive though it was very clean and the hotels grounds were nice.but I wouldn't return even for a free holiday.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank marylinLiverpool

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
South Yorkshire
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I was very disappointed with this Hotel
The on site shopkeeper and the other traders the Hotel allow inside the lobby are a real nuisance! they jump on you as soon as you arrive - the jewellery man sells Silver rings and pendants engraved to order and and the samples are REAL Silver & Gold.My son spent £25 on a silver ring engraved with his name, it arrived on the LAST day late in the eve & it turned his skin green within 2 days! Beware!, we are no fools usually but as the Hotel approves the sales INSIDE THE HOTEL we thought it would be genuine.
The Food was Awful, greasy tastless luke warm and meat unidentifiable!! Been all over the world (inc Egypt & other africa) and never had bad stomachs until this trip!only decent food all week on a day trip to Tunis in a local restaurant. otherwise lived on bread and pasta.
Beach Bar sand filthy! fag ends & Junk & Oh My God!! The Toilets!! made me heave total health hazard. please do not use! Hotel Loos very clean though.
My 18 yr old son loved the animation guys & girls so thumbs up if you are under 25! they went clubbing together ect and had a fantasitic time Thankyou.
Good Aircon in rooms & super clean- All the staff were fantasic, Please tip them as they really work their socks off to be helpful and are so well mannered always ready to help -l liked the crepe man who NEVER smiles.looks like he might bite you if you Q-jump!. very Victor Meldrew!

If You are a lady alone all of the Tunisian guys will be buzzing around you, Be firm if you dont want it - who likes running around the hotel to avoid the waiter//barman/porter who wants to woo you.?? but i am sure romance would be an option if you fancied it....saw quite a lot of it going on.....
Go on the trips with your Rep, fantastic days out to escape the relentless racket from the "animation" team..prepare to be amazed in the old markets in the Capital and Carthage is & Roman Ruins are wonderful Please explore Tunisia's treasures.
Hotel.Not big grounds at all and no quite corners in the garden to escape the music and mania.Nothing near to walk to outside the hotel...not sure i would want to....looks like a war zone..loads of local youth around on scooters -one guest had her bag pinched in the local shopping area while her husband tried to haggle below the £30 they were asking for 1 cheap tourist Tshirt - We appreciate the culture we like the game but honestly....£30 quid to start?
For This Hotel,Take Immodium for your tummy - and a cattle prod for the Romeos!
Stay in a Town Area Hotel not one of these Hotel "Compounds"
DO NOT patronise the salesmen or local Reps buy jewellery and leather goods at the Govt Fixed price store in Tunis, Very good bargins to be had.
Lots of places in the world to visit so will not be back to Tunisia - shame I felt let down, so wanted it to be a place to go again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Monastir hotels

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I was very disappointed. Me and my partner went there for a week. The weather was great, but what was AWFUL was the FOOD. Absolutely awful. It was the SAME thing everyday and i got to the point where i would only have bread with butter at all time. Drinks were diluted with water and tasted just awful. The Animation 'entertainment' staff did try very hard and were friendly as were the cleaners. However, on arrival there the female on reception was absolutely rude. Furthermore, upon being there little less than an hour we started getting pestered by some 'staff' members who were beyond eager to try and get us to buy stuff or to make us use their facilities, such as the spa staff. There was not a day that went buy that they would not find us and kept asking over and over and over again to buy things all the time and they just wouldn't understand that we really did not want them. On top of that some of their responses would be so rude and lacked so much respect. Would be less surprising if it was OUTSIDE the hotel, but they were staff that worked there and we had to see everyday for the last 7 days we were there.

This was a 4* Star hotel BACK in 2005 but no longer is one. We spent most of our time going down to the Sahara hotel (which is 3* and was incredibly beautiful followed by many many toursists and AMAZING food) just to try and avoid the persisting staff wanting to sell us stuff and the fact that the only people that were there were actually elderly french people. Me and 4 other couples were the only brits there and we actually were the youngest couple (Aged 26 years). Not recommended at all. Please do no waste your money. I wish i had followed up on the negative reviews that people posted.

Hope that helps. x

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jamie M
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Was a bit scared to travel to this hotel, once read all below posts.. However was positivly surprised.
Clean hotel, can not say much but in general was clean.
Staff, if I would be French probably would say amazing, as I'm not - rude, however I need to admit that ( don't know the name) guy from reception usually works in late shifts very helpful!! Only one person, with who we spoke during the stay. basicly, he shows what is it a customer service. Was nice to return back to hotel and seeing him with smile on his face, asking what we were doing, advising places to go etc.. Do not want to write negatively so well done to him. If you have a questions he will direct you or advise as you expecting!
Animation - funny guys. Didn't really take part of animation so will not comment but seems that people had a good fun around.
Food- I do enjoyed the meals. Very tasty! Spend one week and actually everyday was something different to try. Preatty large selection of food. Do not understand negative comments.
Rooms- clean and space full.
Pool- too cold for march weather :)
Beach- waste of your time
Cabs outside hotel are disaster - to much talking!!
Location- not much to do outside of hotel. One afternoon we went to Monastir with bus (20 mins) other day we took trip to Sousse with bus ( 30 mins) and than taxi to el port kantoui (9 dinars). Worthy to see. Try to take Sahara trip - lots to see and interesting. Long 2 days, but I think is a must once you are in Tunisia.
In general, I'm happy of my time in Ramada, went for rest and basicly that what I got. But would not return to this place in future :( didn't feel very welcom.
Recommend? If you want a rest and quiet time, yes why not. Active hm, think
twice.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank MaKuGm
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Arrived on a Sunday, hotel, and most staff were great, Animation team were brill, kept us entertained. Food was not good, seemed to cater for the french who were there for 2/3 months.The waiters and cleaners were only friendly when it was time to go home. Outside area of the hotel was lilke Beirut. We were conned big time by the Taxi's outside the hotel, who told us that Sousse was dangerous place and that El Port Kantoui was safer and better (journey was twice as long) he insisted on waiting for us and then took us to a leather shop on the way back that we didnot want to go to. Obviously had an arrangement with the owner. The beach was absolutely disgusting. My friends agree Tunisia is definately as place we will not be going back to. Too many people out to con you.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2012

My family and I spent 7 nights at the Ramada Liberty. The weather was absolutely fantastic. The animation team were incredible. Thanks to Tito, Patrik, Panina, Gulie Gulie (sorry about the spelling), Sami and anyone I might have forgotten.....they were fantastic. Very friendly, full of fun and exceptionally good with the kiddies. The entertainment in the evenings was great and the mini disco for the kids was great fun, my daughter loved it. The reception staff and bar staff were phemoninal and waited on you hand and foot. The Spa facilities are spectacular. Definitely felt like a relaxed holiday.

The variety of food is a bit limited, but all round a very enjoyable holiday. Looking forward to returning later this year!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Michelle P
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Had the best time, weather was good,hotel was fab and the animation team was the best,they made it fun for everyone unfortunatly i didnt get their names especially the short one with the long hair,alwaya wore a hat or something on his head,so if anyone knows any of their names so i can find them through facebook it would help me alot

• Stayed March 2012