“A bit too quiet”

Ramada Liberty Resort Hotel
Ranked #8 of 43 Hotels in Monastir
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We had a week at the Liberty (its no longer run by the Ramada Group) at the end of May - Whit Week,

The hotel is in the middle of nowhere which was a real Drawback for us we like to go for a walk to local shops well there is none!
There is one shop inside the hotel which is outrageously overpriced (they even tried to sell us a second hand book which had been left behind at full cover price £18!!)
we spent most of the time dodging the men from the shop and the pushy "Ali BaBa" guy selling trips in the Hotel Reception,

We went on the Two day Safari trip through the Jet2Holidays Rep which was fantastic and good value were it not for this trip we would of struggled to fill 7 days in the hotel,

The hotel itself was ok -it was clean and pool area was nice,

The Staff - Our waiter was Great and could not do enough for you we tipped him 5Dinar on the first night and a few Dinar here and there then 20 on the last night and it was worth every Millim lol our table was ready and waiting for us every night with fresh flowers on the last night! our drink glasses were never empty
The bar staff on the other hand were a bit miserable I tried tipping them and this didn't help so I stopped as I wasn't getting good service from them so why waste the money,
The Animation team were just ok I'm not sure why everyone raves about them they do tend to focus on certain guests they were quite insistent that they go on Tripadvisor even from the lobby whilst waiting for transfers as I whitnessed,
The Entertainment was absolutely awfull there was some form of animal show on the first night - That you had to pay for!! which i have never seen in an all inclusive hotel? then there was bingo twice which was 1 game which took an hour to play in about 4 languages and the prizes were not what was offered in the first place (was meant to be a massage but ended up as a shisha pipe?)

We did use the Spa on our last day as a bit of a treat which was really good and decent value

All in all an ok break but I won't be going back there neither would I recommend it,

If all you want to do is relax by the pool and not leave the hotel then this would be good for you,
I dont want to be too negative as it was by no means awfull just not as good as I had hoped
please feel free to ask me any questions.

Also be carefull of the porters at the airpot as they know you dont have any dinar's and pretty much demanded paper English money for grabbing your suitcase from you and taking it less than fifty meters and were quite aggressive once you were out of sight of the Reps.

Room Tip: The sea view room was good until the late night disco kicks off at midnight
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rsandle
Write a ReviewReviews (1,392)

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We are a family of five (5, 14 ,20 & us) and all had a great time. The weather was perfect and the staff were all brilliant. They were friendly and so helpful. When they offered us an activity and we said no they were polite and moved on. Especially Alex who was there for us if we had any questions or just wanted to chat. All of the animation team were fabulous and encouraged our shy youngest to participate and she really enjoyed crazy golf. The water in the pool felt cool but after the strength of the sun I think a bath would feel cool. The food was good and when we fancied something not on the menu they tried their hardest to sort it out for us. We would definitely recommend this hotel for a family holiday and hope to go back soon.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I had an amazing time with my family. My daughter is already nagging me to book another holiday there as soon as possible. Ramada staff are incredibly friendly and welcoming. The rooms are clean and comfortable and we had a lovely view of the pool. I recommend this hotel highly.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Mandy M
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I just spent a week at the Liberty Hotel. We wanted a week to relax and enjoy the sun. we found the Liberty Hotel the ideal place for that, although the hotel is a little dated it didn't affect our stay, it was clean, tidy and spacious. The staff were friendly, helpful and polite; they went out of their way to provide a positive holiday experience, The food was fine, but be prepared to try things that may not appeal to your palate, I did,and discovered some really tasty meals, remember your not staying at a top level hotel so don't expect high class cuisine. For those not not brave enough to the try new dishes chips and pizza are always available.
There are many actives available during the day from archery, boules, volleyball and dance classes provided by the animation team, they too provided the evening entertainment from comedy to quiz nights. The team are only interested in providing you with fun during your stay but if you don't want partake that is fine. Thank you. Marco, Niño and team I had fun and still smiling.
There are street traders that try and sell on the beach, but a polite no thanks and they moved on. We didn't try the local visits. The beach was ok, there are sun beds and a beach bar available, it was windy when we were there which bought a band of seaweed into the shallow water.
The Liberty hotel is outside the main town area but the are buses to the local towns. It is small hotel which provided a relaxed atmosphere during our stay. There were many other guests from different nationalities which added an interesting dimension to the holiday.
Thank you to all the staff at the hotel, my husband and I had a great week and have come home with our batteries recharged.

Room Tip: Choose the top floor away from lift and cleaners cupboard.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank BatesonFamily
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We have recently returned after a great holiday at the Ramada Liberty. We found the hotel staff extremely polite and helpful - both around the pool and in the bars. The rooms are clean and we had an excellent view of the pool and terrace.

We were pleased to find the beach only a few hundred yards away, and even more pleased to find a bar which was part of the complex.

The Animation team were great and got everyone involved in their games & activities.

We'll not hesitate to return in the near future!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed at the ramada at the beginning of May, the weather was a bit iffy but didn't spoil our holiday.
Went there with my boyfriend and we both rate this hotel and the staff, who all work extremely hard.
Seen some bad reviews but God knows what these people expect, if you want English food then stay at home. The omelettes for breakfast were a particular favourite along with the visit to the a'larecart restaurant.
We had lots to do, tennis, French bowls, archery,darts, but my favourite was quad biking. People on here who say they had nothing to do must walk round with there eyes shut as both me and my partner where never board, I think it depends on how much u want to take part in things.
Met some lovely people, and the karaoke night was the funniest night ever. The animation team work really hard, they are all really friendly, even after the extremely long hours they work. Ninow and Nazi were amazing, very friendly, chatty and polite, they always asked u to join in but didn't pester u if u just wanted to laze by the pool.
All in all had a brilliant holiday and can gladly say we will be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amanda d
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The hotel was nice, the staff very polite, rooms nice & big & were cleaned everyday, only problem was there was no fridge in the room,or a kettle, but we took a travel one.we had a pool view which was nice, food OK but wouldn't rave about it, entertainment on the evening mmmm not brilliant but they were really lovely, especially Nino. Alex the gym instructor is very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family