“Friendly staff and clean room!”
Review of Saxon Inn

Saxon Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Alfred B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We always stay at The Saxon Inn when we have a horse show at Alfred. The proximity to the equestrian center is great. The rooms are always clean and the staff is friendly and courteous. Thank you so much.

• Stayed: March 2014
Kristen301, General Manager at Saxon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you for your review.. We hope you stay at the Inn again while visiting the Equestrian Center.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I was there when my daughter visited Alfred University. I definitely will stay there again if she ends up attending the school. The staff was pleasant and professional and the room was nice. Nothing amazing here, just a clean, good place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night, it was definitely a clean room and a clean place in general. But the whole facility pungently smelled like an elderly lady or an old perfume, a smell that would remind you of your grandmother's house... Although the breakfast was nice I must say.

Stayed: November 2013
Kristen301, Manager at Saxon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

i'm happy to hear you were pleased with the cleanliness of your room and the other areas of the hotel. I've never had anyone make mention of an odor smelling of old parfume. I' m wondering if a guest was wearing parfume that lingered into the hallways and public area. The air freshner we use is a tropical mist and the guests really seem to like it. Sorry that it bothered you, hopefully the smell brought fond memories of your visits to Grandma's house. When you visit us again, please let us know if you have the same experience.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed at the Saxon Inn while in town for wedding. The staff was so friendly, and accommodating. Rooms were clean and comfortable. There was a nice breakfast area with bagels, muffins, juice and coffee. We had a very pleasant stay. Beautiful location! I think the only complaint I had was the paper thin walls. I had to listen to our neighbor snoring all night. We would definitely stay here again if we were to travel to this area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lisav2006
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed at the Saxon Inn as part of the wedding group as well as the previous rater. Staff was extremely friendly. I was consistently greeted with a smile, and every request I made was granted to the best of their abilities. My comfort level was extremely high. This hotel was absolutely fantastic for our 2-night stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed at the Saxon Inn this past weekend (October 11-13) for a wedding in Wellsville. As a matter of fact, I think all but a room or two were for wedding guests. This hotel was so accommodating in every aspect. The employees seemed to go out of their way to make our stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. When you hear of a hotel on a college campus you really don't know what to expect.....maybe dorm style rooms. This was a very clean hotel with spacious rooms. A definite MUST stay if you are ever traveling in that area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I have stayed at the Saxon Inn many times; the staff is extremely welcoming and
knowledgeable about the area, eager to help with whatever you need.
The rooms are superbly clean and comfortable. The inn is very well run by Kristen Karl,
a kind and effective manager, who will go out of her way to assist you.
The décor is lovely and the setting idyllic, on top of a hill overlooking the campus.
Deer scamper around and parking is right in back of the inn, with easy access to
front and rear doors for unloading. After a long drive and college stress time, it is truly
a haven. My daughter is now attending Alfred University and I hope to spend many
wonderful times at the Saxon Inn. Of course, we did tour other colleges and you are
fortunate if your child attends Alfred to have this inn.

Room Tip: I have stayed in a number of rooms and they are all clean and comfortable. My stays have run from...