“Avoid”

Seabel Alhambra Beach Golf & Spa
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Port El Kantaoui
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Went here with my girlfriend and her family for 10 days from the 28th May to 8th June. The girls from our family were constantly getting harassed by the staff from the hotel especially from the barmen. On a couple of occasions complaints were made but no further action were taken against the individuals. Nearly all of the staff in the hotel are male, they all seem like as if they've never seen a female before, very pervy and touchy touchy. Examples of certain incidents are a barman putting ice down my girlfriends bra right in front of me, simple to say me and my family kicked off. One of our girls got chucked into a pool by the same barman and broke a nail, inappropriate comments were being made to girls not just from our family but other British girls that I spoke to whilst out there.
This majorly impacted our holiday as the girls were constantly angered by what was happening and it meant everybody was always on the edge. I once had a heated argument with one if the managers and he told me it was normal in Tunisia, I explained to him we wouldn't tolerate this behaviour in the UK and told him to bring his wife in front of me and let me do to her what his staff have been doing to our girls, in which case he got pretty angry. These people have no respect for girls, even the managers.
Other than all of this, the hotel is actually pretty nice. Food was ok but repetitive, rooms were ok and there were a lot of activities to do during the day. The spa facilities are very good and cheap. The hotel seems to be more tailored towards the german and French rather than English. Special thanks to Mimo ( animator) and Mohammed Ali ( waiter) who we thought were the only respectful guys in the whole hotel. Mimo is very funny and Mohammed Ali is very helpful.

Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Bilal m
There are newer reviews for Seabel Alhambra Beach Golf & Spa

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Lovely hotel and very friendly and pleasant staff. We arrived and were quickly checked into our room, which we had booked a superior. First room we were given in the main part of the building was very dark even though very spacious with lots of unusual little rooms off the main room. No balcony or view which was the main reason for change. We checked back at reception and asked if there were any other rooms available. Receptionist took us to see 2 other rooms which were in the part of the building over the spa. They were completely different!! Bigger, brighter lovely views. Within 30 mins we had been moved to our new room. Excellent service.
Food was great, lots of choice and the waiters were so friendly and helpful. Pool area was lovely (even though too cold to swim in as it was February) Pizza and cake by the pool in the afternoon kept us going until dinner!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone but i would probably say not the best Winter destination. Easter or May is probably better as i would think in the main summer months it would be very busy and cramped.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the spa wing, above the spa or further to the front is great.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank OswestryMaccas
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We have just arrived home on Monday 26th after spending 2 weeks here ..... never again. Dont get me wrong the hotel is nice enough possibly a 3 * but no more.

Our room upon first inpection looked ok but the bed was like sleeping on the floor as it was so hard, bathroom was good but a bit wiffy from the drainage and this is suppose to be a superior room, we were lucky to have a fridge n a safe but we also realised that they had started to paint the walls then just left it half finished hmmm. Our cleaner was first class tho.

Everything is spread out there, such a big complex,maybe to big as the pools were scattered all over, beautiful indoor pool tho. The beach altho small was lovely.

Good food which makes a change and hot, dont get me wrong you still had the beef n rice dishes but there was also pasta, fish or chicken/ turkey and liver which was a suprise.
No organisation in the restaurant tho staff were everywhere instead of having their own sections which meant that you could wait to get a clean table and cutlery.
A la carte was deffo a no go, we were told that we had a choice of italian or tunisian WRONG only a set tunisian meal which although looked nice was fatty, greasy and inedible that night I went hungry.
Also felt sorry for young kids for a 24 hr all inclusive you had 3 set meals a day with nothing like you would expect in between these, no burgers or icecream or anything snackwise, never had this in all the places we have stayed before there was something at what ever time you wanted where we have stayed in previous places.

Right the service we recieved was disgraceful, we coudnt get a drink some evenings they would ignore you and make it obvious, we changed money at reception got it counted in front of us signed for it yet when arriving at our room we were short changed by the girl..

They really need to cater for all nationalities if they want people to start spending their holidays there, dont get me wrong Tunisia is beautiful but personally I would not ever go back there. ..

This hotel although is good in many areas really is lacking in what it needs the most and that is SERVICE to the people that have saved all year round for a holiday that becomes unforgettable for all the wrong reasons

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Well........ Landed at Monastir airport instead of Enfidha due to strike but only told of the re-route on departure, not a big deal but hay ho..

Waited 30 mins on the bus why I don't know but eventually got to the Seabel late, porter waiting to take our bags so ok nice start. Reception was ok quick and told to have something to eat in the restaurant, expected a restaurant..,..... Ummmm small room with cold food waiting, thought the hotel was 24 all inclusive hay ho.........

Anyway finally went to our room and porter expected a tip ok paid, bags in room, door closed. We had a so called superior room which had what we needed but it was at the main road side overlooking another hotel and taxis so we just got on with it, room was poor with flaking paint, hair on the floors, lights hanging off walls and the worst part was a smell of sewage, found out it was coming from the sink so left the plug in hay ho.....

Hotel.....
Looks great but it's to large and they don't cater for the English it's all German or French, receptions was ok, day bar staff was excellent but the night staff was just shocking, ignored us and served the French and Germans. Talked to each other and I could tell we was being talked about so again just got on with it...

Wifi only in lounge which is poor, slow when more then 20 plus are connected and at times you had no chance at all and just have to wait.

Restaurant...
Like a cattle market, waiters worked their socks off, smiled and did what was needed, food was ok but as others have stated its for French and Germans and after 4 days of our 2 weeks I struggled and the last 2 days of our stay the food changed, different chef who knows but it did get a little better.

Room...
Has stated above the rooms need sorting, we had unfinished painted walls, lights missing, she'll from sewage, hard bed and the road and another hotel to contend with.

Grounds....
Large and I mean large, the beach is a good 5 mins walk from reception and once there it's worth it, white sands, great view and blue water but again security helped with your sun lounger and expected paying, also he wanted to buy my Nike trainers off me but when I said purchased from hotel shop he said haaaaaaaaaaa cheap and walked off, hotel shop haha 2nd day there didn't know any different and they ripped me off by paying 155 dinars for trainers I needed when in the government shops they was 49 dinars so beware of the hotel shop they will rip you off.

Beach sellers....
Beware, they will try and give you bits for free and then expect paying, one wanted 10 dinars and when told no he went to grab my wallet from my rear pocket, beware. Also they will ask you to change euros and the old coin on floor trick and I'm your waiter from your hotel, come and see my uncles shop trick.... Yes I got caught with that one in the medina intimidating and told them not interested and got a taxi back to the hotel and didn't go back which was a real shame.

I could go on for pages but long and short of it all is would I recommend the Seabell...... Yes and no that's up to you but would I go back to Tunisia after the hotel shop ripping me off, owe and changed uk pounds into Dinars at receptions and got ripped off by 10 dinars as well.......

Would I go back to the Seabel........ No.

Why, it's a large complex to large for me.
Would I go back to Tunisia, no not after the shop, beach, medina and reception incidents.

Best bits....
Indoor pool good.
Beach good.
Government shops good.
Waiters excellent.
Day bar staff excellent.
Ice cream fab.

You'll have to make your own mind up but Tunisia is off my holiday list, sorry.

Room Tip: Above spar superior rooms ok but noise from bar and music.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sattalk
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We had a thoroughly excellent holiday at the Seabel Alhambra. Upon arrival our check in was fast and our bags delivered to our room. We booked superior rooms which were very nice, they come with fridge and free safe. Only one thing to note is the mattresses are very hard, we slept ontop of the duvet which made it more comfy. Rooms are cleaned and made up daily. Hotel itself is spotless and there is always someone cleaning.

Food in the hotel was great, I sometimes struggle to find something I like in all inclusive hotels but here at the Seabel we had no trouble at all. Food was hot and fresh every meal with plenty of choice and the waiters and Sabhi the restaurant manager were on hand to ensure you had everything you needed.

The bar is very modern with low sofas and chairs, the bar staff are extremely helpful and provide a speedy service. Drinks are sometimes very weak though. The hotel had wifi but only in the reception seating area, this could be improved and I expected wifi to be available at more locations than the reception.

The grounds, pools and beach were all immaculate, the beach is a 10 minute walk from the main hotel. The animation team worked extremely hard but didn't not pester if you didn't want to partake. We enjoyed the archery and attended some of the evening shows - thanks to Momo and the animation team.

Location wise the hotel is about 15-20 minute walk from the main Port and a 20 minute ride to Souse. Our transfer from the hotel was ok it took about 30 minutes however we did have to wait about 30 minutes on the coach before it departed even though everyone was onboard.

We would definitely recommend this hotel and we will be back again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank DamoBl
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two weeks, (End of April) our first time in Tunisia and this hotel gives a fantastic welcome. When shown to our room we were a little disappointed, however we asked for an upgrade to a superior room which we were given, this room met our needs 100%

Food was adequate (Not fantastic, but good) the staff in the restaurant were attentive some much better than others. A special thanks to Mohamed Ali, such a polite and helpful person!

The animation team are "Fantastic" from 09.00 till 23.00 they never stop looking after the needs of hotel guests.

The Seabel Alhambra is a fine place to rest in the early spring and I would highly recommend staying in a superior room and enjoying the recreation that is laid on daily.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Andy H
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We loved our stay at the Seabel Alhambra. We upgraded to a superior room which was well worth it as we had a view rather than a courtyard setting. We were in room 1527 which had a view of the pool next door and the road. The rooms were spacious and nicely furnished but the beds were hard, which we got used to after a couple of nights.
English were the minority in this hotel, the majority being French and German but this didn't bother us. All the staff were really friendly and helpful and if you gave the waiters a small tip they ensured that you were well looked after throughout your stay.
The food in our opinion was excellent with a vast choice and plenty of it. We couldn't understand why some reviews stated that the food was not good.
The grounds are vast at this hotel with 3 pools so there's something for everyone's taste if you wanted to find a quieter pool rather than one with music and activities.
The entertainment was not good and done mostly by the animation team, so I guess this could be a let down if you enjoy good entertainment in the evening. There was dancing outside a couple of nights and also in one of the bars which people looked to be enjoying.
Although the hotel is on the beach it does take a few minutes to get there because of the size of the grounds. The beach is excellent and we walked along the beach for 20 minutes or so to get to the marina.
We went on a Thomas Cook trip to the Medina which was really interesting, although a little rushed. It cost £13 each but it was worth it as when the shop owners saw we were with the Thomas Cook guides they didn't seem to pester as much! It's well worth going just for the experience. If you do decide you want to buy something make sure that you have priced it up first and know what you want to pay.
Taxi fares are cheap around the resort but you need to set your price first or they will try to overcharge you!!
All in all an excellent holiday and we would definitely recommend this hotel and would go back to the Seabel Alhambra.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
#3 of 35 in Sousse
IBEROSTAR Diar El Andalous
IBEROSTAR Diar El Andalous
#2 of 33 in Port El Kantaoui

Been to Seabel Alhambra Beach Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!