Seabel Alhambra Beach Golf & Spa
Concorde Green Park Palace(Port El Kantaoui)
US$178
US$124
Marhaba Palace Hotel(Port El Kantaoui)(Great Value!)
US$40
Iberostar Diar El Andalous(Port El Kantaoui)
US$115
  • Beachfront
El Mouradi Palm Marina(Port El Kantaoui)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$42
Hotels.com
  • Pool
STEIGENBERGER Kantaoui Bay(Port El Kantaoui)
  • Breakfast included
LTI Bellevue Park(Port El Kantaoui)
  • Pool
Hotel Riviera(Port El Kantaoui)
  • Breakfast included
El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui(Port El Kantaoui)
1,676 results
All reviewsindoor pooltennis courtsanimation teamport elfussiest of eatersspecial thanksprivate beachevening showstunisiadancingvolleyball
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Just spent 11 days at the Seabel, and felt the need to confirm that this is definitely a great place to stay for the sort of holiday that suits a party with mixed ages. We were a family of 9, ranging from grandparents in their 60's to the youngest child of 5. There is so much included in the price, pedaloes, kayaks, sailing dinghies all free. The other water sports were excellent and at the age of 67 I tried paragliding, which was amazing! The animation team are superb, nothing is too much trouble and Samuel was incredible.
The choice of food was excellent, but I wouldn't advise the a la carte restaurant with children as it is more a Tunisian set meal, and so much of it, we were overpowered.
Catamaran trip excellent, but try and book a private deal, we went out with just our family and had a fab. time. Pirate boat - well! just what I expected, if it hadn't been for the dolphins it would have been a big disappointment for us all, even the little ones.

Room Tip: We were on the 1st Floor and room was very adequate, with fridge, safe and very good black out curtains.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Elizabeth T
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Lovely hotel, stayed for a week. cannot fault the staff here the Reps go out of their way to make everyone feel part of whats going on, momo, Samuel, were both great. So much to do everyday if you want, from water Aerobics to Zumba, Volly ball. Lots of choice on the food front just what you would expect from all inclusive. One thing i would say is there are not so many english here more French. During the shows in the evening it was at times a little annoying as the reps hardly spoke any English you had to watch the body language to follow.
the Hotel was a little run down in places, it's a very large hotel so i would imagine it's hard to keep on top of all the repairs needed. The pillows are Lumpy i would recommend the hotel look at this as they were horrid and i had to ask for new pillows and out of three new ones only one was soft, Take your own if you can. I would go back to this hotel.
on the day of check out the reception staff let us keep a room on for free for the whole day, our flight was a night flight and we were being picked up at 9pm so this was very handy as we were a party of 8.

3  Thank lisa B
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The best thing about this hotel are the reps, they are fantastic. so so friendly and they put on a good show! It is a very lively hotel and there is always something going on from Zumba and water aerobics to archery and beach volley ball - you won't get bored which is fantastic for families. Our room was absolutely fine, all we needed. There is a very big selection of food - some things better than others but I never went hungry! I was sad to leave this place.

3  Thank Lauren D
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The hotel it self was like a little town the entertainment was excellent and the food was very yummy .

The games room was good as there was a snooker table a games machine air hokey and pinball.

A FANTASTIC hotel would recommend it to family and friends

4  Thank Jay K
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Having read a few poor reviews I left with mixed feelings for the 11 night all inclusive holiday we had booked for our family of 5 inc 3 children 6, 14 and 16 - but I shouldn't have worried for we had an amazing time! Here's my thoughts...

Arrival: we got to the hotel at around 1.30am Sunday morning and having exited the bus weren't quite sure where to go as there were no obvious signs to reception! So first thing you need to know. Go up the path by the row of olive trees and through the arch flanked by fountains and you' enter a courtyard. In the middle of the right hand wall are two very large and fairly heavy ornate wood doors - this takes you to reception. Even at that time of the morning we greeted by a smile with the children being made very welcome. In fact our youngest was invited round to book us in herself :-) You will have to fill out another card similar to your arrival details. But never fear, the 24 bar is next to reception and we were invited to complete our registration in their with a drink after which we were given our key and a porter took us to our room. Due to the early arrival I explained to him that we had no dinar for tipping but he was happy with that. So another good point - do not feel you HAVE to tip. This is at your discretion and I never felt under pressure to do so.

The room. We were in room 1135 which would sleep 6 very comfortably. With a double bed in one room, and then four singles in the lounge, separate toilet, large shower room and a private balcony. There was a TV but we never turned it on, and 3 power sockets. There was also more than enough storage. The air conditioning was great if a little noisy but not so bad that it kept any of us awake.

Maid service. She was brilliant being very helpful, friendly and did a great job even folding up our dry laundry from the balcony and putting it neatly on the beds for us.

Food. This seems to have got some really bad reviews. What is wrong with some people!!!! For breakfast there were croissants, pain au chocolate and pain au raisin, cereals, continental style meats and cheeses, cereals, fried egg or omelette cooked in front of you to order, breads and a toast conveyor, yoghurt, fruits and various foods in hot trays. For lunch there was a big selection of salads, pasta, pizza, various meats or fish cooked to order on a griddle (we had tuna, liver, whiting, turkey escalope amongst other things) as well as a second cook point which did various fried food often in filo parcels. Dinner time was similar to lunch and my highlighted days were fish day when brown prawns and mussels were cooked fresh and the squid rings were beautifully tender too, wild boar and quail but the selection is enormous and we were often tempted to have more than one selection! Pudding was also well served with a selection of cakes, fruits, ice creams, melon - my favourite being a limoncello ice cream and a panacotta slice with lovely warm vanilla flavours. Of course you could just have the pizza and chips if you prefer as the chips are also very nice and go well with the beef stew ;-)

General Upkeep of the hotel. To be fair some of it is a little tired and some repairs were obvious and not great quality by UK standards but all were safely done and did not detract from my experience of the hotel. The hotel is kept very clean though and it was rare not to see some form of cleaning taking place regardless of the time day or night! The grounds around the hotel were also well maintained and fairly colourful due to many bright flowers.

Entertainment. Oh yeah - this was brilliant. Personally I rediscovered the fun of beach volleyball and archery and enjoyed taking out the pedallo and kayaks which as with wind surfing kit is all free of charge. You then have the four pools and don't ignore the indoor one for after a day in the heat we often stopped off for a cool swim before dinner. The noisy pool is just that with loud music and non-stop activities. There is also a shallow baby pool next to a slightly deeper 'junior' pool very close by. The quiet pool means no loud music and no inflatables although music does drift across from the hotel next door. Just past this you access a very nice sandy beach which if you turn left and walk for 15 to 20 minutes takes to you to the port. On the beach you have just about every activity you might want from chilling (or cooking!) in the sun to jet ski-ing. The entertainment themselves are brilliant. I got to know Momo and Billy best due to the activities that I chose and they were very friendly and helpful and brilliant with all the children I saw them with whatever their age. Also don't ignore the evening entertainment in the open air theatre. Many of the shows were very watchable and their version of Riverdance is well worth watching especially if you have asked for an extra bottle of wine from your friendly waiter ;-)

Activities/trips: I didn't do it but the 2 day (stay away overnight) Sahara experience was well recommended by all that went. We did take the local camel ride which got 40 minutes on the camel, a quick taste of pitta and olive oil and a short horse and cart trip to the drop off point. This was 140 dinar for the 5 of us and I think was good value. The camels looked healthy to my untrained eye and are very easy ride. We didn't do anything else although plenty was on offer! My only plea - if you want to take a horse ride don't. Sadly all the horses we saw on the beach were underfed with hip bones and ribs clearly sticking out. Likewise some of the horses used for the cart rides into the port were very badly looked after with one having an open sore on a badly 'dented' wither and also looked emaciated so if you want to ride please wait for one with a healthy team of horses or walk - its only 15 minutes or so. Almost as bad are the prices charged by the tour companies for trips! eg we paid about £45 for our family of 5 camel ride, the reps wanted almost that EACH!!!! Instead use the guys around the pool who you can haggle with ;-) We got our youngest free and a reduced price for the rest. Even better, if you know where the trips leave from and can get there (eg boat trips from the port) then haggle direct with them and save more by cutting out the middle man. Do haggle hard though for that 70 dinar each they may state will often be cut in half without you saying a word and then if you try hard enough cut by up to half again. Sometimes simply walking away will get the you the best offer as you start to go ;-) Sousse Medina - be safe!!! A few people got pick pocketed there and I was told by those who went that bags and pockets were constantly being pulled and checked over so only take what you need and make sure it is secure....

Money. Use the hotel - simple, quick and convenient. Only change what you need when you need it which if your staying at the hotel, not paying for activities and only want tipping money will be less than £5 a day!

Tipping. Bear in mind that you get nearly 3 dinar to the pound! Having read around and asked a few people this is what I did. Then maid I left 10 dinar on the first day and when I met her I asked if she would be looking after us until the end of our holiday. As she was, I said I'd give her more later and after the first 7 days gave her another 10 Dinar. Our waiters I took a similar view and tipped them 5 Dinar on the first day of good service and then between 1 and 3 Dinar per meal depending on the service received. This got us brilliant service and if you come across Fethi find out which section he's working for he was the best of the best ;-) I ended up leaving tips about 80% of the time.

Haggling. Its a way of life! Don't be scared to haggle or feel its unfair - just do it!! Its expected and you'll be ripped off if you don't. Some god tips, Do not show your money until you've agreed a price. Don't keep all your money in one place as a good tactic towards the end can be to pull out a low amount and claim it's all you have. You will soon know when they really won't go any lower by the body language. e.g. I got a '90' Dinar bag for 30, a 60 Dinar bowl for 10, and a 70 Dinar serving bowl thing for 15 Dinar. I've no idea if that's good or bad in general but the best negotiation is one where both parties feel they got a reasonable deal so go and have fun and the shops in the square at the port are relaxed place to start ;-)

Room Tip: Don't pick your room for the view because just how much time are you going to be in it that you want one?! Instead the quietest rooms are those looking towards the car park or road. also if you want privacy don't take a room on the ground floor for if you have a 'balcony' it is likely to be overlooked.
13  Thank Iain M