Just had another week at this hotel with a friend 1-8 June. As we had been before we knew what it was like so didnt take much notice of other reviews because you cant please everyone and there will always be some complaints.
Check in was fine although our room wasnt ready because we had a very early flight but reception did their best to hurry things along for us. We had asked for a pool view - which we got - but even thought we were return guests they put us on the 2nd floor although my request was for high floor. The second and first floors have not been refurbished so it would have been nice if they had put us in a refurbished room. They did offer to change us on 3rd day but it wasnt worth it as we were only there a week. The room we had therefore was very dated and the bathroom does need a re-vamp. Although when I complained at reception I was told all the baths were the same - very old and dirty looking. Also the hair dryers are out of the Ark i.e. tube ones so ladies maybe best to take your own.
On the whole the service was good reception, bar, pool and maid you cant fault but where they are let down is the dining room. It is not organised - maybe they need more staff - but we had to wait ages for a table to be re-laid and a lot of times there were no plates which is pretty basic stuff. The tables should be cleared and re-laid as soon as they are vacated but we watched as dirty plates etc were just left to pile up. We spoke to the General Manager and told him what it was like and he got the restaurant manager to speak to us as well and they were horrified to hear the problems but somebody should be taking the lead and getting the dining room running better. After our complaint we had very good service and the table was always clean and tidy but you shouldnt have to complain to have basic service. We said to the GM that it was better to speak to him at the time than slate the hotel on this site and he agreed he needed feed back at the time. He was very approachable and was always walking around the hotel to see what was happening.
The other minor problems we had were the lifts kept breaking down, there was no air conditioning on yet and it was very hot and believe it or not ... you have to BUY tea bags if you want a cuppa that you can drink. What they have in the dining room or anywhere else is disgusting and not drinkable so another tip - take your own.
On the whole the holiday was ok and would probably give the hotel another go as we like the area and also they are trying to update it so it would be good to see the progress.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Mouradi Palace is located in the heart of the resort of Port El Kantaoui, alongside a superb beach and facing a 36-hole golf course while the town of Sousse is 10 kilometres away. Monastir's Habib Bourguiba airport is 35 kilometers away, the resort of Yasmine Hammamet 70 kilometres away and Tunis-Carthage international airport 140 kilometres away. The hotel has 452 double rooms, 40 triple rooms, 8 quadruple rooms, 4 junior suites, 10 suites and 1 presidential suite. All rooms are air conditioned, have a terrace or balcony and full bathroom with separate toilet, direct-dial telephone, satellite TV, hair dryer, mini bar and safe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your El Mouradi Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Mouradi Palace Hotel Port El Kantaoui
- El Mouradi Palace Port Kantaoui
- El Mouradi Palace Tunisia/Port El Kantaoui