Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
FindHotel
US$329
View deal
Trip.com
Orbitz.com
travelup.com
1,319 results
All reviews animation team salad nice holiday water sports marina el sunbeds
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Just had another week at this hotel with a friend 1-8 June. As we had been before we knew what it was like so didnt take much notice of other reviews because you cant please everyone and there will always be some complaints.

Check in was fine although our room wasnt ready because we had a very early flight but reception did their best to hurry things along for us. We had asked for a pool view - which we got - but even thought we were return guests they put us on the 2nd floor although my request was for high floor. The second and first floors have not been refurbished so it would have been nice if they had put us in a refurbished room. They did offer to change us on 3rd day but it wasnt worth it as we were only there a week. The room we had therefore was very dated and the bathroom does need a re-vamp. Although when I complained at reception I was told all the baths were the same - very old and dirty looking. Also the hair dryers are out of the Ark i.e. tube ones so ladies maybe best to take your own.

On the whole the service was good reception, bar, pool and maid you cant fault but where they are let down is the dining room. It is not organised - maybe they need more staff - but we had to wait ages for a table to be re-laid and a lot of times there were no plates which is pretty basic stuff. The tables should be cleared and re-laid as soon as they are vacated but we watched as dirty plates etc were just left to pile up. We spoke to the General Manager and told him what it was like and he got the restaurant manager to speak to us as well and they were horrified to hear the problems but somebody should be taking the lead and getting the dining room running better. After our complaint we had very good service and the table was always clean and tidy but you shouldnt have to complain to have basic service. We said to the GM that it was better to speak to him at the time than slate the hotel on this site and he agreed he needed feed back at the time. He was very approachable and was always walking around the hotel to see what was happening.

The other minor problems we had were the lifts kept breaking down, there was no air conditioning on yet and it was very hot and believe it or not ... you have to BUY tea bags if you want a cuppa that you can drink. What they have in the dining room or anywhere else is disgusting and not drinkable so another tip - take your own.

On the whole the holiday was ok and would probably give the hotel another go as we like the area and also they are trying to update it so it would be good to see the progress.

Room tip: Third upwards and even number for pool view but if you want an early night you will be kept awake by people sitting on terrace beeneath you
Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Sheila M
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This was my second stay at the El Mouradi Palace, my first was four years ago and I enjoyed it on both occasions.

My holiday was with Travel One which allocates a double or twin room per person. I requested a low floor as I don't like heights, my room was on floor one but this is actually two floors up as there is a mezzanine level in that part of the hotel. I was delighted to see that my room was very large with a lovely balcony overlooking the pool and an equally large bed, it was huge! My room, bathroom and toilet were kept very clean and the towels were changed daily. There were extensive wardrobes on the wall opposite the bathroom and a full length mirror. There was a safe inside the wardrobe and a small fridge.

The top two floors of the hotel have been refurbished and I believe this is being extended to the lower floors. Personally, I had no complaints at all about my room.

My holiday was all inclusive and I found the food to be very tasty, in my opinion there was a good selection. Some of the dishes were very spicy but that's to be expected in North Africa. The hotel was very busy, particularly at weekend or when a conference was being held and as a consequence the dishes were not always cleared promptly. We did what anyone would do in Britain - dump them on an unoccupied table until the staff were able to remove them.

Drinks are provided readily, both alcoholic and non alcoholic. If you want a bottle of water to take to your room you just ask at the bar or around the pool and a large bottle will be provided.

The staff in the hotel are all very hard working and friendly, I recognised some of them from my previous visit. If you go into the bar in the evenings the waiters often remember what you normally drink, which is nice. There is entertainment in the evenings, this took place in the bar as it was not yet warm enough outdoors in the evenings. We were entertained by a Tunisian music and dancers and a belly dancer, Miss Mouradi contest and an Indian Fakir amongst other things. The animation team work hard to keep the guests entertained.

The pool area is extensive and pleasant, aquafit classes are held in the pool each morning but the water was a little cold for my liking! The beach is very pleasant, it's a nice walk along to the port. There are some shops nearby in the opposite direction to the port where you can buy souvenirs.

I was very happy with this hotel and I really enjoyed the two weeks I stayed there.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
8  Thank Lookingforsunandfun
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived here toward the end of May and pleasantly pleased with the accommodation and staff . Room comfy but tired but overall v clean and tidy, room staff v good however ... As far as we were concerned the pictures of the food were the most enticing when booking ... In reality not good .For a 5. Star hotel there is little choice or variety with food over spiced or bland or swimming in oil . Lettuce for breakfast not my Idea of a good choice with omelette or cereal and not an available at evening meal. I have always tried to eat local foods whenever we travel but leaves an awful lot to be desired . Pizza restaurant v good but limited menu . Hotel seems to target eastern Europeans more .If you do decide to book .the beach is excellent as is the local beer but take t bags ,the local blend is not what the English would have from a budget brand.

Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank Reluctanttraveller50
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel must have been given it's star rating well in the past because it is not a five star hotel but it is a four I would say.
First impressions are good with a large reception area and this carries through the rest of the building with lots of room everywhere but looking around it's a bit tired but do not be put of by this. The food was much of the same during our week there but it was still of a good quality and there is an area down by the beach run by the hotel where you can get snacks etc.
The hotel grounds are lovely with nice garden areas and a nice walk through them past tennis courts down to the beach, the walk is perhaps a few hundred metres. The beach is great with lots of things going on from the hotel and they also provide lifeguards for everyone's safety.
Make a trip to the marine which is about twenty minutes walk away, it's all on the flat so quite an easy walk, the footpaths are not great so be careful. Once there have a meal or just wonder around it's I nice area just to watch the world go by. Avoid the beach behind because it was dirty and smelly when we went.
A place that I would go to again.

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 19 May 2014

lovely holiday , returned just 2 days ago. hotel not 5 star standard compared to other holiday destinations we have been to but 4 star yes, only thing i can say negative about our weeks all inclusive holiday was the food, very repetitive. however you could use the cafe near the pool which did lovely tomato salad and pizzas.all staff were pleasent and helpful ,In previous reviews i had read prior to going to el mouradi palace they said you needed to tip regularly to get special treatment from staff , i cant say that as we didn't tip every time we had something to eat or drink ,yet we didn't received any different treatment from staff .rooms very clean and spacious , it was my husband's birthday during our stay and when we returned from a trip away from the hotel we came back to see our room decorated with flowers all over the bed and a heart flowered shaped sheet covering the bed . must of been done by the maids when they saw my husbands birthday card .would certainly go back . yes it was quiet but it suited us as plenty to do and see outside the complex , the beach just short walk away from hotel is beautiful and could walk to harbour, plenty of water sports on the beach and all reasonable priced . thank you all at the mouradi place for making our holiday welcoming . we would definitely come back to see you

Date of stay: May 2014