this is not a 5 star hotel. in the first room we got the toilet was not working, could not lock the terrace windows and the minibar did not work. we switched rooms and got a much nicer room, in this room with a view over the highway. there was much noise from other hotels and the traffic. we found insects in our roof many many small crawlers. I called the reception two times and the never came. so we had to take care of it ourselves. the next day the insects were back and we tried the reception again, we had to get really angry to make them come up and take care of the problem. and the way they did that was by brushing them down to the floor, they returned to their point in an hour. in the room service they took our order and called back 15 minutes later and said they didn't have what we wanted. next day when we called them i told them what we wanted and how, they told me to call back in 10 minutes. and it was miniature portions. overall a horrible experience. and when we asked the reception for directions, they mislead us and we had been walking for 20 minutes in the wrong direction. this happened 3 times. really unhelpful employees. the overall personnel are not helpful and pretend to listen just to get you away from the reception. we are two 26 year old people who has been traveling around the world, and we have not ever experienced this kind of bad service. we both have been working in the hotel business for ten years, and this is not how a hotel is supposed to be. we rate this hotel at a 2 tops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Mouradi Palace is located in the heart of the resort of Port El Kantaoui, alongside a superb beach and facing a 36-hole golf course while the town of Sousse is 10 kilometres away. Monastir's Habib Bourguiba airport is 35 kilometers away, the resort of Yasmine Hammamet 70 kilometres away and Tunis-Carthage international airport 140 kilometres away. The hotel has 452 double rooms, 40 triple rooms, 8 quadruple rooms, 4 junior suites, 10 suites and 1 presidential suite. All rooms are air conditioned, have a terrace or balcony and full bathroom with separate toilet, direct-dial telephone, satellite TV, hair dryer, mini bar and safe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Mouradi Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Mouradi Palace Hotel Port El Kantaoui
- El Mouradi Palace Port Kantaoui
- El Mouradi Palace Tunisia/Port El Kantaoui