“A lovely holiday so far......”

El Mouradi Palm Marina
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Port El Kantaoui
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We are currently on holiday in the Palm Marina, its a great hotel, with great staff, very friendly, always there to help. The hotel has in parts, been renovated, looking very nice, some parts still looking a little tired though. We have a superior sea /pool view room, which is lovely. food has been very good something for everyone, although in the beach side cafe, some of the meat can be very tough ( A little extra cooking time I think) Overall the holiday has been great value for money, and booking with Secret Escapes was very easy. We still have a week to go, and I hope our 2nd week is as good as the 1st. We have been to Tunisia before, and enjoyed it very much, so seeing the Marina in Port El Kantaoui, looking very run down, was a bit sad, but I guess thats what happens, when the hotels change from half board to all inclusive. The hotel and all its staff are great, and its a nice place to spend your holidays.

Room Tip: 300 and up are great rooms, pool and sea view, are the ones to go for, its worth paying the extra
2  Thank jan1966448
Write a ReviewReviews (1,441)

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a weeks stay, the hotel is spotless, the staff are excellent, we stayed in room 654, special thanks to fairhair our young man who made our room lovy, I spent my birthday there, and the hotel got a birthday cake and the waiters sang happy birthday, I would recommend this hotel. Also a big thankyou to our rep he also was very honest and excellent at his job.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Steve W
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I write this review as a frequent visitor to the hotel, and we have just returned from two weeks at the Plammarina its not 100% perfect to a lot of people as you can see from some of the previous reviews, but for my wife and myself the hotel is excellent and the staff are even better, so go along and enjoy yourselves, I am sure you wont be disappointed, and we will be returning soon

Room Tip: pool views are better
1  Thank MrJohn88
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

My sister in law and I have just returned on Sunday from a weeks holiday at this hotel. For the money we paid which was £470 (with Secret Escapes...ultra all inclusive with superior sea view room) I cannot complain ! Room 622. View over the pool and looking out to sea.. Perfect. The room had a separate bathroom and separate toilet. The wardrobes are in the hallway way of the room which made the room huge. Very clean, sheets changed everyday, beds comfy, nice balcony, but our room was hot at night and the air conditioning wasn't working well but that might have been just ours? Last couple of days were unbearably hot at night. Safe is free to use and large bottles of water are left by the maid daily.

My only complaint of the holiday was we arrived at the hotel at 11.30am and didn't get our room keys until 2.30pm, although the hotel said, go eat, drink and enjoy the sunshine I couldn't relax as I was still in 'UK' mode until I got my keys.

Food plentiful, served day and night and a good mix.. I have a stomach complaint but had no issues with the food. If you can't find anything here then I'd say you're a picky eater!
We booked into the Lebanese speciality restaurant which I enjoyed (not the desert though) they also had Tunisian and Italian,need to book these when you check in though as they get booked up quickly.

Didn't use the beach as there was a lot of seaweed and sea was very cold but we walked up and down hassle free. Mainly stayed by the Pool which had waiter service for the drinks (a dinar helps with good service)

Our rep Medhi? Was really informative and very helpful. Go the welcome meeting for handy tips ; )

The animation team were friendly and worked very hard, activities were taking place all day, archery, darts, table tennis, aerobics water polo ect .. No problem if you didn't want to join in. Never got to see evening entertainment as we were so tired we were in bed by 10.30pm!!! someone said about the rooms over stage being noisy ? The music/entertainment outside finished at 11pm and then it fell silent. There is a piano bar and disco open late.

Port El Kantaoui Marina is close by and worth a wander, couple of quid in a taxi or you can walk, about 40 mins.

We went to the laser light show and history of Tunisia evening, interesting but over lengthy show,food at show not good.

Spa was excellent we had 20% off booking through secret escapes, reflexology was £16 and a 30 minute back massage the same price. I thought the prices in general were good but book early as they were busy.

Loved the little open air shisha cafe with the hubbly bubbly pipes at entrance to hotel ..... Nice to try... Go on and have a go : )

All in all a good week away.

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank govs
Ahmed G, Responsable relations publiques at El Mouradi Palm Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2014

Dear customers,

We read your very good review posted on Tripadvisor after your holiday spent at El Mouradi Palm Marina.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay to such extent such like the room, the food, the SPA and the chichi bar with the famous “Habib”.

We would like to apologize for the discomfort due to the air conditioning which was operating from mid June.

We are going to share your satisfaction with the entire team and looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is a little unusual not least because we are still on holiday (3days to go) our decision due in a big way to the great service we have received from a young lady call Soumaya.
Soumaya has greeted us every morning with the biggest smile and has given us such good service that we wanted to show Soumaya our appreciation before we left by both this and the massive tip she has most definitely earned.
Our stay in general has been great the people, food, room no complaints, the staff work very hard and long hours for our pleasure and if one or 2 are a little quiet it's probably because they are still learning what is likely to be half a dozen or more different languages so be patient and help where you can. One lad said to us that you are here for pleasure and for us to serve you is our pleasure.
He was along with most of the staff earning around 160TD a month, what a great attitude. I suspect the majority of us strive to get something for nothing and complain bitterly when something doesn't match expectation.
Just something about secret escapes, no complaints at all, they were brokers for sunshine holidays and for a £20 cost on the holiday provided us with a superb break, the holiday company was sunshine holidays, the rep Hamdi was great, told us exactly what to do and what to expect and made himself available in the hotel twice a day every day, it doesn't get better than that...

Room Tip: We are in 553, we are 2nd floor with a sea view as do most by the way although ours is pretty good...
3  Thank rumplestilskinny
Ahmed G, Responsable relations publiques at El Mouradi Palm Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Dear customer,

We read your excellent review posted on Tripadvisor after your holiday spent at El Mouradi Palm Marina.

We are happy to know that you was so content with you stay especially with Soumaya and the staff generally.

We will share your happiness with the entire team who is contributing on the success of the hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Port El Kantoaui / Sousse.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Had a great week here, staff were superb, facilities great , the Spa was out of this world and reasonable,
My Wife and I had a Turkish Bath / Body scrub and then a Massage, it was fantastic...

The only thing that will stop us returning is the lack of Air Conditioning, the last couple of days of our Holiday were really Hot ( 35c during the day and 25c at night, when I enquired why the AC was not working, I was told it will be on in 11 days!!, I can't believe this Hotel doesn't put the AC on until mid June and think this is acceptable,

Shame as everything else was great,

Room Tip: We had room 405, wifi was available in the room but not much good, ok for emails but nothing else, r...
3  Thank PhilandJaneKent

Dear customers,

We read your review posted on Tripadvisor after your holiday spent at El Mouradi Palm Marina.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your holiday and you were happy with the services provided especially with the staff and the SPA center.

We also read you were disappointed with the AC; we apologize for discomfort but we were able to provide you with the fan since the AC should be operating from mid of June according to the contract with all the Tour Operators but it was working one week before this date.

We hope have the opportunity to welcome you again during your next visit to Port El Kantaoui / Sousse.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a week away with my boyfriend for my birthday at this hotel. Not far from Enfidha Airport, On arrival a massive amount of us all arrived at the same time and none of our rooms was ready and we had to wait approx 2 hours until we got our key but we was presented with our all inclusive wristbands so we could go and eat etc while we waited. After receiving our key the room (439) wasnt what was advertised (pink with flat screen tv and a double bed probably because even though it was booked in my name some how it ended up in the fellas name so never got pink) we got a green room with a bulky tv and 2 single beds pushed together this annoyed me as the beds kept sliding apart whilst trying to sleep but we dealt with it the tv was an eye sore but we didnt pay much attention to it we inly watched the only english channel late at night whilst getting ready for bed. We also booked and paid for a sea view room but we had partial sea view and more pool view. We was too tired from our journey to go and complain so we just got on with our holiday. The hotel is beautiful in itself except the carpets where it looks like they have been tried to be washed but left marks, maybe they should be replaced.

The buffet restaurant which is your main area for eating was the only one apart from the outside area we ate even though we had two other nights to use in the other restaurant we never bothered we grew attached to our waiter every night Jomaa, who did everything he could to make us happy and feel special. Our table was 134.. you get given a table to use (the same one) through out your stay. Jomaa always brought us drinks and new exactly what we was drinking, always asked if we was ok, brought me lemon slices for my coke everytime after seeing me bring one from salad table :) he also made my birthday meal special by making up the table beautifully and helping my other half deliver my champagne perfectly at the table he also brought me cake and got the staff to sing happy birthday to me. I will miss him. He was so polite and well mannered. I cant comment on the other restaurantsas Jomaa was the reason we stayed in the main one. The pool side eating area was where we went for lunch every day and the waiters one in particular but not sure of his name (small elderly chap thin) was also polite and very helpful. The range of food in both areas was plentiful with variety to suit all. From 4pm-5pm outside by the gift shop was also pancske hour which I loved. Alcohol is local alvohol but I did see some branded such as absolut vodka. As with any hotel abroad they put plenty of alcohol into your drink but once I asked for less alcohol they remembered and I could easily enjoy the cocktails without the taste being ruined by burning alcohol. The only staff they we did not enjoy tge company was a female down in yhe main bar area who was very rude and obnoxious. We didnt get her name but she was tge only lady who worked behind the bar on a few occasions. Every other staff we got on with and had a present time.

The beach is out on the back which is private (we was told some of our water sports was included in our holiday package but it wasnt so we paid extra) the water sports rep was lovely called Mario hes tge rep for the company for the hotel but the actual company further up the beach con you out of your time this is nothing to do with Mario but the manager instead. What you pay for is too expensive for the time you get so we only did the parachute and jetski. There is so much about this hotel its hard to comment them all. The hotels pool is nice it has a childrens pool and a noce adults pool which has sunbathing steps inside also. There is an indoor pool also with a jacuzzi which we enjoyed.

Every day and night the animation team who I and my partner had many laughs with was always happy and energetic mohammed was the only one I remember the name of purely because for my birthday he threw me in the pool (it wasn't dangerous as was done safely) he also got me up dancing and had a suprise at night with a song on stage and a bottle of wine. Entertainment each night is different.

The maid we had was useless.. we tipped and tipped and never recieved anything in return my pther half requested towel art and for the room to be made up with the items provided and gave a massive tip all she did was put the cards on the sofa so I had to make my own display for my birthday
She was polite but took the money each day and never did as requested (we was told by reception to request with them directly to do it for us we did and never recieved) this was disappointing as I like towel art and it was suppose to be a suprise which I then ended up making myself on my birthday.

The cafe on the front was very nice with free tea and shisha if people like that kind of thing. Its s good experience to try.

The quad rep in the hotel was lovely also but again it was for a different company which I wouldnt recommend ad its not long enough and tge route is horrible. The rep though is polite and lovely.

The rooms could also do with a few more plug sockets as there was only 1 free and with 2 of us in the room we had to wait to use the sockets.

I could go on and on but ive mentioned tge basics

All in all I would definitely go back to this hotel and I would recommend it but remember you get what you pay for if you pay cheap you get budget if you pay a little more you get better. I hope to return some time in the future and I cant wait ti see my favorite staff again.. Love Gemma and Luke!! :)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Smithyy1989
Ahmed G, Responsable relations publiques at El Mouradi Palm Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Mrs. Gemma & Mr. Luke,

We read your nice review posted on Tripadvisor after your holiday at El Mouradi Palm Marina.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay to such extend such like the food, the pool area, the animation, the service in the restaurant with special greeting from your waiter “Jomaa”.

We also read your suggestions about the flat screen in the room which is an object of investment and they are going to be changed as soon as possible, we apologize of the behavior of girl in the bar; the corrective actions were already taken.

We would like to thank you recommending us and happy to read that you have the attentions to come back again.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again during your next visit to Port El Kantaoui / Sousse.

P.R.M.

Movenpick Resort & Marine Spa Sousse
Iberostar Diar El Andalous
Iberostar Diar El Andalous
#2 of 33 in Port El Kantaoui

Been to El Mouradi Palm Marina? Share your experiences!