Room was better than any 3 star i have been to. Firm but comfortable mattress on bed. Air con was working, which kept room at nice temperature. didnt spend huge amounts of time in the room.
Tipping even just a couple of Dinar a day (about 75p) keeps everyone happy and you definitely get more attention this way.
Huge pool. Plenty of sunbeds. Thick comfy mattress for each sunbed too. Not quite enough shaded areas, but generally pretty good. A few people who had reserved sunbeds before 8:30am quite rightly had their towels removed when others turned up and couldnt find a spare bed.
Good mix of nationalities. German, Brits, Russian, Dutch, Belgians, French and a few others too. The food available reflected this, and therefore there was always something for everyone.
We did the A La Carte Lebanese night. Fantastic. Great food, great service. A nice touch, and I would recommend it to everyone.
Would recommend going to the meeting with your rep if there is one, as they give a truthful insight in to what goes on.
Took a walk to the port one morning, but really wish we hadnt bothered. The port is just a few cafes, and lots of boat trips ..... very in-your-face people trying to coax you in. even after our polite smile and "la shukran" ("no thankyou") all we got was a sarcastic response from the cafe owner. So maybe give it a miss unless you are happy to start with low expectations, then maybe you wont be so disappointed.
Food and drink in constant supply at the resort. You can even get waiter service at your sunbed for a small tip each day.
Can complain about anything, although the lack of decent local places to walk to was a bit of a shame.
Would recommend this to friends, and those people that have moaned are those that we meet every year who always find something to complain about and would probably criticise a holiday to the north pole that was "a bit too cold". These people need a chill-out holiday more than most, and really need to sit back a bit more and soak up the slow pace of life in Tunisia.
Congrats to the staff ..... especially the piano bar tender ...... a few Dinar each day gets you the really top notch Mojito instead of the standard one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in Hispano-Moorish style close to the marina at Port el Kantaoui, dotted with gardens leading to a beach of fine sand, the El Mouradi Palm Marina is the ideal hotel for a relaxing holiday. For golfers, the 36-hole El Kantaoui golf course is two kilometres away. The hotel is 10 kilometres from the town of Sousse, 35 kilometres from Monastir's Habib Bourguiba airport, 40 kms from Enfidha airport, 70 kilometres from Yasmine Hammamet and 135 kilometres from the capital Tunis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Mouradi Palm Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Mouradi Palm Marina Hotel Port El Kantaoui
- Palm Marina
- El Mouradi Palm Marina Tunisia/Port El Kantaoui