We arrived at the hotel at 4am and our first impression was disappointing! The staff on reception were unfriendly, uninformative and had a carefree attitude!! After completing paperwork he gave us the room key and pointed to the lift. The lift wasn't working so after waiting we were told to walk to our room and the porter will bring our luggage!! Our room was average with an amazing sea and pool view! After a couple of hours rest we went down for breakfast at 9am and were told there was no bread left! I have been on many holidays and have never been told there is no bread for breakfast! The food at lunch and dinner was very repetitive however we did manage to find something to fill our tummies. If you are a tea lover like me make sure you take your own tea bags as the tea bags in the hotel don't look or taste anything like tea! We ended up buying our own as were staying for two weeks.My daughter lived off pizza and pasta! The hotel staff are not willing to help you in any way unless you tip them! The animation team were rubbish and did the same rubbish everyday! My daughter sometimes went to the mini club and always read the timetable before she went however always ended up playing board games or drawing! Amal who is the mini club ENTERTAINER did no ENTERTAINING what so ever and clearly didn't care or have any skills to work with children! The pool was excellent with plenty of loungers, the layout of the steps to sunbathe was excellent. After visiting some amazing beaches we weren't wowed by this beach as the water was dirty, it had jelly fish in it and the sand was a bit mucky! Overall this hotel is average. We had a displeasing start but got use to it and enjoyed the rest of our holiday. This hotel is definitely not five stars. They have either bought the stars or the hotel has not been inspected for ten years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in Hispano-Moorish style close to the marina at Port el Kantaoui, dotted with gardens leading to a beach of fine sand, the El Mouradi Palm Marina is the ideal hotel for a relaxing holiday. For golfers, the 36-hole El Kantaoui golf course is two kilometres away. The hotel is 10 kilometres from the town of Sousse, 35 kilometres from Monastir's Habib Bourguiba airport, 40 kms from Enfidha airport, 70 kilometres from Yasmine Hammamet and 135 kilometres from the capital Tunis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Mouradi Palm Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Mouradi Palm Marina Hotel Port El Kantaoui
- Palm Marina
- El Mouradi Palm Marina Tunisia/Port El Kantaoui