I must have read about 100 reviews of this place when I booked through Secret Escapes because I didn't want to book a naff hotel for myself, partner and 4 friends... I must say we had a great holiday but there were several draw backs to this place...
Location - BEAUTIFUL in terms of the hotel right on the beach with loads of water sports to do...
Honestly - we didn't venture from the hotel... we just went to lie by the pool for a week
Hotel - The apartments were great... great size, balcony for us over looking the pool and they were REALLY clean and well looked after.
The pool and out door bar was great. Beautifully kept pool and surroundings... very clean and great for adults and kids alike.. .
The rest of the hotel was like something out of The Shining... Tired and needs some TLC..
Food I have to say was pretty rubbish, although they did do fresh pizza and chips which was a fall back for everyone... Very touch and go for food, but our holiday was so cheap you cant expect 5* food for £600... The bar is very odd and outdated, cocktails are rubbish... Beer was ok and you could buy better if you wanted - if you stuck to all Inc then you didn't get the premium stuff...
The nightclub underneath the hotel was great fun, but quiet when we went... but after a few vodkas we had a great time... The bar was not well stocked... but this just made for the comedy of the place
But the People were AWESOME - We went in the middle of Ramadan and even then they were attentive and delightful.
I'm glad we experienced it... it was a great relaxing week with friends but I wouldn't go again as it just not up to scratch... I would say 5* apartment & location, in a 3* hotel with 2* food....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in Hispano-Moorish style close to the marina at Port el Kantaoui, dotted with gardens leading to a beach of fine sand, the El Mouradi Palm Marina is the ideal hotel for a relaxing holiday. For golfers, the 36-hole El Kantaoui golf course is two kilometres away. The hotel is 10 kilometres from the town of Sousse, 35 kilometres from Monastir's Habib Bourguiba airport, 40 kms from Enfidha airport, 70 kilometres from Yasmine Hammamet and 135 kilometres from the capital Tunis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Mouradi Palm Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Mouradi Palm Marina Hotel Port El Kantaoui
- Palm Marina
- El Mouradi Palm Marina Tunisia/Port El Kantaoui