“Fabulous last minute holiday”

El Mouradi Club Kantaoui
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Port El Kantaoui
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

For somebody who said 'I will never go to Tunisia' to coming back from Port El Kantaoui saying 'I will definately be back'!
Our room was clean
Beds were clean
Rooms were made up every day and clean towels left!
Staff friendly,work long shifts and they appreciate a dinar or 2 being tipped!
Couldn't complain about food! There was plenty of variety! Only time restaurant wasnt open was between midnight and 3am!
All we wanted was a nice pool(there are 4),clean room and food which we liked and we got that and more! Entertainment staff were great and my Son loved the mini disco! The beach was 5 minutes away and there were plenty of watersport activities!
Taxi to Sousse market should cost no more than 10 dinar! -Well worth a visit! Marina nice too!
All in all,my Son and I had a fab holiday and was so glad my friend twisted my arm to go!
'Never judge a book by its cover!!! That is now my motto for booking future holidays abroad!
P.S listen out for the catchphrase "wakey wakey,shakey shakey! You will be shouting it in no time!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Carolyn M
There are newer reviews for El Mouradi Club Kantaoui

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I (both I'm our early 20s) stayed in this hotel for 11 nights at the end of June. On arrival we were given a drink whilst we filled in some forms and then shown to our room by a porter.

Room:
The room was very large for the two of us and we had a balcony which overlooked the sea as requested on booking. Although it could do with updating, it was cleaned daily with towels changed each day and I can not fault the service of the maids to make the room the best it could be.

Food:
Each day we managed to find food which we enjoyed. The food is not aimed at English people but trying new dishes is all part of the experience. For evening meals, you were assigned a table and a waiter and they constantly topped your drinks up, cleared our plates and our waiter helped me carry food back to my table. Tipping them just 1 or 2 TD every few days made a massive difference. We booked on the Al a Carte Tunisian meal which was very nice! If you are willing to try new foods definitely book this for one night (it is included).

Swimming pool and beach:
There were 2 large pools and 2 small pools for children. The area around the pools were cleared of any rubbish often and could not be faulted. We were always able to find sunbeds although if you want a mattress they are 2TD to hire each day (this works out at less than £1). We only visited the beach a couple Of times but it was very nice.

Services:
Money exchange is very simple and is located in the hotel foyer. Remember to keep receipts as you need these to change money back at the airport. Safety deposit boxes are available at 2TD per day and a 20TD deposit which is returned when you hand your key back. The safety deposit boxes are located next to reception but is still very safe. Remotes for air con and TVs are available to hire however these do work without the remotes so we did not feel it was worth getting the remote.

We used the spa service which was very good and you get a discount if you say you are with Thomas cook! We also booked a ticket to the water park with Thomas cook. This was £10 for adults and was available to use on any day. We just got a taxi from outside the hotel which was 5TD and took us straight there. This was a good day out but I can imagine it will get busy in the summer months!

Overall we had a lovely holiday and aside from the hotel needing a lick of paint and some new furniture, there were no problems. Go with an open mind and ignore the negative comments!

Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Amy A
Reviewed 22 July 2014

After reading a few reviews on this place i was worried but i didn't need to be, we had a great time. The place was clean, food was good, always a good variety to choose from, they did need a few more sign to tell you what it was though, we went to the Italian one night for dinner which we also enjoyed, you wont go hungry at this hotel that's for sure. The staff were polite and all spoke English, they were always willing to help. The entertainment team were great and you could be entertained all day, the evening entertainment wasn't the best but was mainly aimed at the kids. The Port was only a half hour walk or 5 mins in a taxi and worth going to see and look around the shops. The pool area and beach were both clean and had plenty of sunbeds, well unless you got up late!! We stayed in the hotel and had no complaints about the room, yes it was dated but the beds were ok and room was clean, we got full wifi in the there aswell. All in all we had a great time and i would 100% go back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Natalie S
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Very nice inviting entrance to hotel reception, unfortunately the air conditioning wasn't switched on when we arrived ,with outside temperatures reaching high 80's ; Throughout our 14 night stay, the air con. was never on in this area of the hotel, this made it quite uncomfortable to sit in ,as the Wi Fi was only available in this area ,the Wi Fi was very slow, and depending on the amount of people in the reception area drawing off it,you were lucky if you got on line most of the time:
The hotel cleanliness was first class ,I could not fault it ; I stopped in one of the bungalows available on the beach,the very dated furniture,etc, was kept clean to a very high standard ,towels,and bedding were changed every day ,the rooms were air conditioned , this was a must at the time I stopped, as the temperature on a few occasions went over 40*. You just had to pay a deposit( refundable ) for the remote control for the air con.and the same for the T.V. remote....the T.V. was a big box type, not a modern flat screen type, ....as mentioned earlier, the furniture was very dated, the curtains were ripped, the external door fitted very badly , allowing a couple of cockroaches into the room, and a couple of crickets were singing away in my bathroom one night, the cleaners soon cleared my noisy visitors the next day ,so peace and quiet was resumed ; The bath / shower above worked quite well, and hot water was available at all times, and keeping with the dated decor, the bath had been painted in a few places where the enamel had rubbed away :
The swimming pools were excellent ,all fresh water pools, a couple of kiddie pools, a couple of large pools , and even an indoor pool, and spa, you could get a manicure, pedicure,massage and even have your hair cut ,styled,braided...there was even a clinic on site , I needed the service of this,and we had to phone for a doctor to attend , this was done without fuss,and was trouble free , it only cost about £15 to call the Doctor out which I thought very reasonable. Now to the restaurants, and food,...to be fair ,there was lots of choice but it wasn't very tasty, you had all the usual choices eggs, beans tomatoes,etc, or the continental option, they had pork sausage ( allegedly ) ,but no bacon:..there was cereals, yogurts ,the beans were spiced,and hard ,I chose the easy option of fresh fried eggs on toast, or cereal:
Lunch was put on in one of the other restaurants, the choices were cooked meats, or pizza and chips,the meats that were offered for lunch and evening meals were mostly chicken ,sometimes lamb, without the fat removed,they never seemed to trim their meats, on a couple of occasions we were offered calf liver ,rabbit, and veal ,as a change from the abundance of fish and chicken ; the menu did not seem to be aimed at the British, more to the Eastern Block countries,I don't know anyone that has rice pudding for breakfast but it was offered,..:my stay here was during Ramadan, so whether that had any bearing on the menu I cannot say, but there was a restaurant on site that cooked a very nice steak ,allegedly, so when I asked " what time does it open" ?.... The reply was ,.. After Ramadan....so I never got to sample the food from there: All of the bars in the hotel have one MAJOR flaw , the bar area's are very large, but they only have a single beer pump ,with two pumps for water, fizzy or plain, and a block of pumps for your soft drinks, the bars are large enough to house at least six beer pumps , this would stop the very long queue's for drinks ....To sum up, ..the people are very friendly, very helpful ,never doing something and expecting a tip/ reward...I would definately go to Tunisia again, it is a lovely place, but unless I got proof of this hotel having a complete update of all fixtures and fittings, I would not go back to this hotel ...

Room Tip: I didn't stop in the main hotel block, I stayed in a bungalow on the beach, it sounds more roman...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bob P
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Just back from an amazing holiday in Tunisia however it didn't get off to a very good start! We arrived in the early hours of the morning. Checked in had to find our own room. In the lift was broken glass the carpets were filthy they have a large holes where the carpet was worn stains all up the walls in the hall!!! On entering our room the smell just hit you it was damp and horrible we were both so tired so had no choice but to rest...Until morning then we realised the full horror of where we're staying the chairs on the balcony were broken the bathroom was awful the carpet old and had holes in. We were on floor three main building with a SV also a view of the awful bungalow! The whole complex was just filthy..we had a coffee I would not have dared eat in the dirty restaurant... On the way to the restaurant there were dirty glasses empty bottles not one of the staff said good morning or even smiled at us.
. At 9am we contacted thomas cook and had to shell out £235 to move hotels to be honest although thomas cook in resort could not have been more helpful we don't feel this hotel should have even been in the brochure we were told they do have to move people so why the heck even sell it! please don't go to this awful place I have know idea who might write a good review I have travelled many places over the years and I have NEVER seen a hotel as bad as this if your booked into this hell hole get thomas cook to move you before you get there and had to shell out a lot of money in resort to move! To be honest we had an amazing holiday after thomas cook moved us but I feel disappointed and let down that thomas cook sold this holiday to us in the first place!!!

Room Tip: Don't go is my advise!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ashley07Suffolk
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The rooms are better than the bungalows. We had a huge room with 2 single beds, a sofa and a set of bunk beds for 2 of us! Bathroom was clean with fresh towels daily. Balcony was big with table and chairs and clothes aired. Free air con which we didn't need the remote which required a deposit to use. Our TV had a large selection of channels including a few in English which was good. Room located right near lift. Didn't hear any noise and could see an amazing view of the sea from balcony.
Pools were all spotless and salon staff very friendly. Life guards very helpful at getting sun beds and saving them for you. Waiters very attentive for getting drinks and are grateful for any tips. The creeps with sugar and chocolate were lovely and always something to eat. So much variety nobody can go hungry! Burgers and pizza down by the beach.
All staff in hotel so friendly and willing to help.
Beautiful beach with yet again helpful lifeguards to find you sun beds which are free to use the same as by the pool. Water sports at the beach all a bargain!
Hotel nightclub pretty good apart from paying for drinks when you're all inc is slightly frustrating.
Many stray cats and kittens wondering around the resort but they never get too close.
Camel trip. Amazing.
Boat trip amazing, sail out and fresh cooked fish, chicken, salad and bread with soft drinks unlimited.
The marina was good and had many nice bars.
Sousse with many markets and superstores full of bargains! Not as bad a everyone makes out. As 2 young women we expected harassment from the men like we had read about but this was not the case. You don't need to be all covered up but a long skirt and vest will do fine.
Such friendly and lovely Tunisian people, the way the men look in to your eyes can be slightly intimidating but it's all very light hearted.
Amazing, superb, fantastic!
Best holiday yet!
I will be going back to Tunisia and this hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Demi_Antoinette
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Negative reviews should not put you off. We asked to move from bungalow purely due to lack of storage moved to main hotel room was dated but spotless and remained that way all week. Parents has recently refurbished room which was lovely.
Yes at times you had to wait for plates, cutlery and some dishes to be replenished but when you see how some guests Barge to front of queues and fill their plates up is annoying.
Waiters will go get more plates etc if you ask just be patient.
Always something to eat even for fussy eaters although parents did not agree but they were there for 2 weeks . Kids had plenty to keep them busy water sports excellent value for money and quad bikeing a must.
Staff very friendly .have started priceing for next year cant wait to return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
JAZ Tour Khalef Thalasso & Spa
Marhaba Palace Hotel
Marhaba Palace Hotel
#8 of 33 in Port El Kantaoui

Been to El Mouradi Club Kantaoui? Share your experiences!