El Mouradi Club Kantaoui
LTI Bellevue Park(Port El Kantaoui)
US$94
US$89
Hotels.com
US$190
US$125
US$119
US$113
Marhaba Palace Hotel(Port El Kantaoui)(Great Value!)
US$66
El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui(Port El Kantaoui)
US$38
  • Pool
El Mouradi Palm Marina(Port El Kantaoui)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$45
US$156
  • Pool
Hotel Abou Sofiane(Port El Kantaoui)
US$97
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
Steigenberger Kantaoui Bay(Port El Kantaoui)
US$153
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Diar El Andalous(Port El Kantaoui)
US$240
  • Beachfront
2,014 results
All reviewsanimation teamgreat holidayindoor poollovely beachcountrydiscolaugharchery
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Me and my partner have just arrived back from this hotel. On arrival we were given our room key only to find that there was a man painting it!! We had to wait half an hour for another room, when we got there it hadn't been cleaned from the previous guests so we had to wait a further 2 hour for it to be cleaned! When it was finally cleaned we realised the air con didn't work ( it was 42 degrees) and that the fridge was leaking. The bathroom was disgusting!! That evening we went for our meal and the power went 3 times so we were eating in the dark. It was like feeding time at the zoo... What other people have wrote is true . We qued for everything... Waiting half an hour for a warm beer! In the end we ate out every night, anything to avoid eating time at this hotel. The only saving grace was the beach, which was beautiful, however I did get a bad jelly fish sting on my arm! Me and my partner have been to many hotels but will never go back to this one... Please avoid !!

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank Amyleigh1
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Yes this is a fairly cheap hotel and yes it is peak season and the hotel was at maximum capacity but that is no excuse for the standard of food. Food was very poor and the restaurant at peak times was unbelievable. There were fights to get in, fights inside and queues for everything so you were lucky if it was still hot by the time you took it back to your table. It actaully reminded me of my school lunch times! That said, we tipped our waiter daily and received fantastic service. However, we did choose to eat out several times at the port (the Mediterranean restaurant is brilliant) just to get a break from the queues.
The pools were extremely busy and there was no way we were getting up at 5am to reserve a lounger and opted for the beach where we managed to find a lounger every day. The receptionists are in no hurry to see to you and we had to request toilet roll and towels several times, however the room was of a good standard, in a quiet spot and cleaned to a good standard every day. We heard many horror stories about rooms, particularly the bungalows, so we were quite lucky!
We didn't view much of the entertainment as there weren't enough seats outside to watch it however, most of what I did see was aimed at children.
All in all, beach and weather good, port good for food, clean room. Children would probably enjoy this place rather than a young couple as we are! Not much else positive to say!

Room Tip: We were told the bungalows are not in great condition and that rooms 600+ are the best
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Victoria G
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We're just back from staying here for 2weeks. A group of 18, (5 families). We had one of the Best Holidays. The hotel was clean, staff were very friendly, and the Animation Team were all Fantastic. The trips out were excellent, Pirate ship, Quads, and even an afternoon at the waterpark. The food was a bit repetitive, but was nice and a good selection. We had a table saved each night for 18 of us, a small tip goes a long way. The Marina restaurant in the Port was lovely, and highly recommended. Tunisia was really inexpensive, and the beaches are gorgeous. Would definitely return to this hotel, again.
At the end of the day, a holiday is What you Make of it, and we all had a ball...

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view,
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Wendy_P_12375
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We visited this hotel 4years ago, and was pleasantly supprised by the whole experience of north africa.
The hotel extremely wll run, the staff always helpful and kind. (Tips help) At time we were there monthly wage for a very experinced waiter to are table was 250 dirum so they relie on tips. It helps to use the same table daily to get a dedicated service, wine and water would be there for you if thats what you require. There a great choice of different food daily even as a diabetic, vegiaterian we eat well.
There 3 good sizes pools never busy as well as a indoor one
The only bad point was the instantiating worse kind of western pop (jackson....). Evenening entertianment was quite somthink of a aquired taste, good for kids though!!
You will be hastled to go trips until you leave. One trip well worth it is to the Great Mosic at Koukouran and the museum for the display of mosaics.
El jams colloseum is must see for the best preserved ROman outside Italy
Its great experiance to get taxi to the market in souiss, haggle hard and have a chance to meet your kitchen worker!!!!
Forgot mention great sandy beach with all the usual sports

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keith j D
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The first thing you notice is the huge and unfair discrepancy between refurbished and non-refurbished rooms. When you end up in the latter, you spend your entire holiday wondering "why me?" My non-refurbished room had a very pleasant smell of sewage - very nice indeed.

The second thing you notice are the queues and elbows - for food, for drinks, for pancakes. My boy queued 45 minutes for a burger at the beach. It's unacceptable.

Stuff runs out very quickly round here. Sunbeds, chairs, crockery - buttering your bread with a spoon, or having cereal in a teacup, may be OK if you're with the Royal Anglian Regiment out in Helmand province, but it's not given what I paid for this holiday.

Food runs out quick too - and it's a self-fulfilling prophesy, because people panic and take huge mounds of food, thus making it even worse. But given the two weeks of chronic diarrhoea I have now been suffering, I wouldn't recommend taking too much food anyway.

Favouritism and, dare I say it, racism is also rife here. I was stopped by three lifeguards from taking food to the kiddie pool, while locals went sailing past me, doing exactly the same thing.

The table situation in the main dining room is so chaotic, it's ridiculous. We were sitting down at 19:30, when a family from the continent came up to our table, banging on it and demanding that we vacate "their" table. Our table proceeded to wander and disappear for about the next 3 days. It wasn't finally resolved until we tipped the waiter 20 dinar (7 quid) every day, and it all magically became solved.

After a week enjoying the occasional use of the Indoor pool, we were surprised to find it closed to us - apparently it always closes all August for maintenance. Although during the second week, not once did we see anyone in there with a hard hat or hi-viz jacket.

The Sunbed situation is a genuine nightmare. I guess this would be a good job for a postman or a milkman, as you have to get up at 05:45 to reserve a sunbed (and feel rubbish about yourself while you're doing it) But that won't guarantee you a problem free day. I was shocked to see a local family moving closer to ours; then the little girl was putting toys on it; then the little girl was sitting on it; and then finally the family had managed to "creep creep" their way onto our sunbeds while we were still using them ! I have NEVER encountered that before.

Sunbeds can be obtained by tipping the lifeguards. They will then produce one from existing stocks, which seems to mean pushing some poor sods stuff of the sunbed when they aren't looking. Cheers Guys.

For some inexplicable reason, the hotel have placed a number of VERY high density floatation devices in the water, with a consistency similar to concrete; one of these broke my daughter's nose.

The highpoint of my holiday was undoubtedly when I used one of the resort toilets at 06:00 (after a sunbed raid), to find the light not working, but the floor strangely crunchy. Imagine my delight to find they had fumigated for cockroaches, but hadn't put a sign up. Cheers guys, that got the day off to a great start.

Other things worth mentioning that aren't the hotel's fault include the Jellyfish in the sea; People taking and wasting too much food; and several cases of parents hitting their kits by the pool which looked pretty close to abuse to me.

Plus points include the animation team, who worked very hard, and my kids loved the archery. And the colonies of feral cats, who really deserve so much better. As did we.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family