Hotels.com
StayForLong
CheapTickets
Hurb
1,006 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Checked in on 06.06.14. This was my fourth time and as always reception was of best quality. Reception staff were attentive and friendly. Special thanks to a night reception guy,sorry don't remember the name. Helped us out a lot. Restaurant staff always looked after our table. Food selection exellent, everyday something new to try. Best pancakes ever!!! Housekeeping girls did great job, always smiling kept rooms sparkling. Bar staff needs to be a little bit refreshed. One barman was rude, but drinks did not suffered from that. The youngest of barmen was doing a great job, best 'sex on the beach' (coctail :) ). The biggest gratitude to a animation team, who made this vacation amazing as all the previous times. Huge thanks to all of them: Aymen (scorpi),Hamza ( he will teach you play volleyball weather you wanted it or not :) ), Saleh (!!!), Malek, Youssef ( Robin Hood), Veronica ( new girl,good luck to you), DJ Momo and of course 'BIG BOSS' Sofien!!! Thank you guys for a wonderfull week. See you all next time as we are deffinately coming back again !!! We are thanking everyone working in this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank inese1978
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This will be a honest appraisal of el mouradi port el Kantoui, take it as you will, not a hotel I would ever care to return to.
On arrival we (two mature women) were met with complete indifference, men were served before us and the attitude at reception on checking in was one of 'we were a nuisance'. Not a great start to our one week holiday, the friendliest member of staff was the porter who at least treated us as human beings. The first room were we shown to was supremely awful, the carpets were filthy, the bathroom was dirty, the balcony hadn't been cleaned for a very long time. The room stank of cigarette smoke and there were discarded butts and rubbish all over the bit of roof beyond the balcony. We requested a room change via our rep at just sunshine. We were given keys to 3 rooms , all of a very low standard and eventually settled on the least offensive overlooking quiet gardens towards the sea, however still not impressed with the standard of the rooms. This was sold to us as a four star hotel, never in a million years could this place ever meet a four star standard, even in Tunisia and I have travelled in Tunisia quite a few times.
The biggest plus is the beach which is lovely, gentle sea breeze and golden sands...however the definition of all inclusive does not extend to mattresses on the sun beds, that is an extra 2 dinar per person per day..nor does it include bottles of water...an extra dinar per bottle.
Also on the plus side the wifi in the lobby is fast, the food is tolerable although vegetarians will struggle to find a good variety other than copious amounts of salad.
Another plus are the gardens which are well kept and attractive, the quiet pool is relatively clean and good for swimming lengths.
The waiters in the restaurant were very considerate, especially with my sister as she had to juggle plates and a walking stick. The standard of cleanliness in the dining room was not high, however to be fair when I pointed out one particularly filthy wall to the guest relations manager it was cleaned up.
Some of the bar staff were surly, some were smiley and what a difference a smile makes.
The evening entertainment was puerile but some nationalities appeared to enjoy it so maybe it was just not to my taste.
Given the plus points we decided to try to make the best out of being misled into booking a hotel described as 4 star which struggled to be a 2 star.
However the final straw was at 4.00am on day 3 when we discovered cockroaches in the bathroom. We called a porter to remove them and then couldn't get back to sleep that night so packed our bags and moved to the lobby. We have spoken to other guests who have also been plagued with cockroaches so it definitely was not a one off due to bit of rain as the guest relations person tried to imply. The next day of our holiday was spent complaining to the rep,and the guest relations woman, Sana. I was shown another 5 or 6 rooms, all were of a very low standard, some were too far away for my sister to walk to as she she walks with a stick. We reluctantly settled on a room on the second floor, unseen, in the hope that cockroaches hadn't got as far as the second floor. The room was due to be ready at 1.00pm. It wasn't ready at 1.00pm or 2.00pm or 3.00pm or 4.00pm, we eventually got a key at 4.30pm so spent a day without a room at all. This room again had a badly stained ill-fitting carpet and a rather unpleasant musty carpet smell. We kept the bathroom lights on all night and kept the plugs in the bath and basin and thankfully didn't see any more cockroaches. The whole place is desperately in need of refurbishment, the carpets in the corridors are simply awful.
On the final Saturday of our stay the hotel was very busy and the buffet evening meal resembled a rugby scrum,pushing and shoving to get to food ignoring any queueing, obviously this is not the hotels fault but the manners of their guests were appalling.
Essentially if your expectations are suitably low then you may enjoy this hotel however there are much better options, try the Yasmine hammamet area for a better quality of hotel.
My recommendation is avoid el Mouradi Port El Kanatoui at all costs, how people can describe this place as 'brilliant' is incomprehensible to me. I always check out trip advisor reviews before booking anywhere but I think there must have been some manipulation on reviews for this hotel so buyer beware,

Room tip: Choose a different hotel, I saw a lot of rooms and none were of an acceptable standard.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank Veggie55
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I don't know how people have rated this hotel but it's not the greatest !

We arrived after a long journey as its about 1.5 hours from the airport. We were really tired and it was 1030pm. Got to reception to check in and didn't even get a smile , did not feel welcomed at all. Given key to our room and that was it. I came down to ask about where things are and if they had a map of the resort, the answer was no and was just told that restaurant is on left and bar is there.. Again no smile or friendliness at all!

The second thing that was frustrating is you have to pay for your own water bottle at the bar , first time ever I've had this at an all inclusive hotel and as only one bar open the que was long! Also the beach only had selective drinks so you had to go back to the top if you wanted water or wine ..

The entertainment was ok, animation team do work hard though and the only ones with a smile.. They hand pick a selected few they make friends with and use these guests with their entertainment .

Only things I can add a positive note in is the restaurant and it's staff they were excellent at their job, nothing was to much for them and they work hard. However favourite tippers are always given priority in bar and restaurant .

Apart from a beautiful marina which is a must visit there is nothing else here..

2  Thank Adsandme
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

El mouradi port el kantaoui is the best hotel ever. Everything is wonderful there.
The complete Staff is fantastic. The biggest thanks goes to the animation team. Every day they have given a lot of effort. I miss it everyday to play volleyball with "LOLITA" :) Thanks to Aymen, Sofienne, Hamza, Saleh, Salim and Youssef you are unique. See you soon. 12 points go to all of them.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank habibi90
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Brilliant hotel. On arrival we were treated to cocktails and our bags taken to our room. Room very clean and spacious with a great balcony overlooking gardens. Great pool area and directly on the beach. I travelled with my mum and as two women at no point did we feel uncomfortable. The staff were very friendly but knew the boundaries. Food was excellent with plenty of choice. We took some amazing trips to El Djem, Matmata and Sidi Bou Said. Definitely a hotel and area is return to.

Date of stay: August 2013