My husband and I stayed here for two weeks AI in June 2012 in a family room. First time to Tunisia so didn't really know what to expect and with the mixed reviews about the hotel on Tripadvisor prior to us travelling, I was pretty apprehensive about it all but wanted to give it a go. Have booked again for Sept this year! We were very pleasantly surprised. We found the staff at the hotel and outside very friendly and approachable. Other guests had warned us about the constant hassle from traders outside the hotel and especially in Sousse, have to say we didn't find this to be the case at all. Had some great banter with the people but wouldn't call it hassle by any means. The hotel is in a really good position just a few minutes walk to the marina. Yes the resort is purpose built and touristy but it is pleasant enough and we felt completely safe walking about. The tourist train over to Sousse is an experience not to be missed, it's a bone shaker but great fun and lovely and cool.
We really liked the hotel, the restaurant needs updating but it is clean and pleasant enough. I liked the fact that we were allocated a table for two on the first night and that was our table for the whole of the holiday and could go into the restaurant at any time in the evening for our meal. No set sitting times! Food was very good. Really good choice for veggies and meat lovers. Desserts were beautiful. Couldn't fault the breakfasts either.
The pool bar was great it was lovely to sit there in the evening and have a few drinks before our evening meal. The staff at the pool bar and restaurant were great, couldn't do enough for you.
Never had a problem finding a sun bed, you just had to pick your spot and the pool boys/life guards brought the beds to you.
Very pleased with the room. It was classed as a family room with self catering facilities. These rooms are in separate blocks from the main hotel looking out towards the pool (or at least ours was). Very roomy, small kitchen area, through to bedroom area then through to sitting and eating area and balcony. Didn't get to see the hotel rooms but I would guess that the family rooms have to be bigger.
All in all a great relaxing holiday and based on our experience would definitely recommend the Kanta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- KANTA Resort 4 star hotel is ideally located in the heart of the most popular tourist resort of Port El Kantaoui. The hotel is set in beautiful gardens with hundreds of palm and olive trees, displaying the double advantage of being both close to a sandy beach and the golf course. The hotel is divided into three buildings : • Main building : is the reception, the «Palme d’Or» bar, the main Buffet restaurant «La Fontaine», the «Newspaper» gourmet restaurant, and reading room «Les Fougères», a bridge room, the Moorish cafe «Oasis», suites and rooms. • The building opposite the pools is composed of rooms and family apartments. • The third building consists of an indoor pool, a fitness center, a wellness center «Kamari» and an Irish pub «Pùca». ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Kanta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kanta Hotel Port El Kantaoui
- Kanta Hotel Tunisia
- Hotel Kanta Tunisia/Port El Kantaoui