Hotel Kanta
US$125
US$122
LTI Bellevue Park(Port El Kantaoui)(Great Value!)
US$132
  • Pool
Daphne Club Miramar(Port El Kantaoui)
US$30
US$28
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Marhaba Palace Hotel(Port El Kantaoui)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$363
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Diar El Andalous(Port El Kantaoui)
US$146
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
El Mouradi Palm Marina(Port El Kantaoui)(Great Value!)
US$61
Hotel Abou Sofiane(Port El Kantaoui)
US$102
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
STEIGENBERGER Kantaoui Bay(Port El Kantaoui)
US$161
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Riviera(Port El Kantaoui)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,119 results
All reviewsprivate beachself cateringholiday makersmarinatunisia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

What an amazing place! Just got back from a week on my own at the kanta and have to say it was the best holiday I have been in in a long while!

After reading reviews I got a good impression of the place and it turned out so much better than that and how people could slate the place is beyond me!

Hotel -- really lovel location and very clean with all staff ever so friendly and my room even though didn't need it was cleaned every day! Bars were nice and on all inclusive fresh drinks sometimes without asking (bonus)

Food -- the all inclusive buffet was lovely fresh salad everyday and choice was very varied and always something local as well! Puddings were absolutly 1st class and wish I could have brought some home lol. There also a restaurant which is lovely and varied during the week so would recommend a visit at least once!

Pool -- absolutely brilliant a family pool which was usually lively with kids next to it and a quieter pool for relaxing looked really good! Pool staff always friendly and if you need anything they will help and poolside service as well is a nice bonus!

Beach -- just down the road and a lovely Tuk Tuk will drive you but just 10 min walk away and lovely quiet beach no hassle and lovely food and drink! Amazing beach lush sand and water sports as well I loved it down the beach and would highly recommend a good day out down there

Resort-- very well kept and plenty on offer down the marina,just be firm with the tunisians and say no if not interested but a good haggle always a funny thing plenty bargains to be had

I would deffo go back and already planning my next visit to the kanta! All in all a cracking hotel and amazing extras around it! Plus pics I have put up on my fb have had people asking to see if they can get there as well so HIGHLY RECOMMENDED AND A BRILLIANT PLACE TO GO!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
10  Thank Paul W
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Just returned from Kanta resort. Both me and partner had terrible food poisoning for last 48 hours.

We only had food from the hotel restaurant as did not want to risk food poisoning at local restaurants.

As we were leaving a spoke to the restaurant manager and advised him of our situation. He was not interested in what I had to say and just ignored me. We reported our concerns to local Thompson rep.

I always dress very smart especially when going to dinner. On our first night I saw lots of people going to dinner with 3/4 length football shorts on so assumed I would be ok wearing tailored golf shorts which are very smart. On walking into the resteraunt the same manger stops me and advises memail that my shorts are not acceptable as they were above the knee. As we were having this conversation a bloke walks past in vest flip flops and long board shorts with no problem. I understand the importance of dress code but a little common sense is requite.

Maybe the restaurant manager should focus more on the quality of his food than the length of my shorts!!

The whole hotel needs updating really. I understand that it's a budget holiday but it's has not been decorated since he 1970s from the look of the pool and other facilities.

Overall I would stay away from this place mainly because of the food poisoning. I gave the manager a chance to sort things out but he was too concerned with my shorts and looking at the girls coming into the resteraunt.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank uk2581
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I agree with Bax750 in that some of the staff were rude especially the pool bar staff. We felt the same about Mohammad we tried to avoid him. Adele though was a lovely waiter at the pool bar. One day it was quite busy and all the pool bar staff were arguing and shouting at each other I mentioned this to our rep Ryan who said they were grumpy because it was Ramadam, we found it very unprofessional as their religion shouldn't impact on our holiday!! The pool bar staff seemed to leave the all inclusive people till last as if we were trying to get something for nothing do they not realise we paid extra for AI !!! I suppose when the half board people paid the waiters were told to keep the change. However we tipped a lot all over the hotel. All inclusive couldn't eat at the pool bar until 2.00. Half board could eat earlier!! The restaurant staff, reception, animation and life guards were all lovely

Got the moans out of the way we did however have a good time. Hotel rooms and grounds were lovely. Wellness Centre was good and very reasonable. Beach and the short walk to the Marina was great and very clean for Tunisia. Golf course also near by. We would return but they have to sort the all inclusive system out. Wifi was free but not very good you had to go to a quiet room and even then it was hit and miss.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank SDWiltshire
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We spent two week in an aprtment at the Kanta with our two teenage boys. The apartment was spacious with good facilities - terrific shower. We had an apartment on the third floor facing the pool for the first five days but the the railing on the balcony was so high that it felt more like a cage. We transferred to a ground floor apartment which was much better as we had a lawn outside our door and we pulled across some sun loungers. The smell of the jasmine trailing up the wall was gorgeous in the evening.We had some problems with mozzies on the ground floor - I'd advise to bring some citronella candles and spray with you. We couldn't find any locally. Plenty of stuff in pharmacy for after bites but little on prevention.
The pools, grounds and location of hotel is excellent. A bus - more a large golf buggy - was available for free to take guests to the beach which was lovely and a short distance away (maybe 600m). There was usually a breeze in the afternoons which made the heat more bearable.Paragliding, water skiing and jet skies all available at the beach.
The staff were fantastic and enthuasiastic - we did yoga classes a lot of mornings and pool aerobic but beach volleyball, water polo, darts, table tennis are all vailable.
The marina is nearby with lots of shops and restaurants. However the food was poor in most of these restaurants and alcohol was relatively expensive. Very limited availability and choice of wine and quality was questionable.
We only ate in the hotel once - buffet style and it was reasonable but not wonderful. Most people seemed to be on 'all inclusive' deals where all drinks and food were included. Considering the poor standard in the surrounding restaurants and the relative expense of drinks - especially alcohol - this might be an option worth considering.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank marinoonan
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my sister in March 2013. Its a great Hotel, the room was clean and spacious, gorgeous mosaic bathroom & not forgetting the excellent views from the balcony.
When we visited in March the hotel was v.quiet and we got looked after very well by the staff. The food was varied throughout our visit and tasted good. The entertainment could've been better we had 2 nights out of the 7 where we had belly dancing.
The pools were clean & the beach was stunning literally a 5 min walk away. Also the hotel was walking distance from the Marina which had some lovely little shops, cafes & restaurants.
We booked half board & wish we'd booked all inclusive!

• Stayed: August 2013