I and a friend (19 years old) stayed at the kanta for 2 weeks at end of June to mid July.
We thoroughly enjoyed it although 2 weeks were too long.
The hotel as a whole is very clean but does have a disgusting smell lingering in places.
Food is ok, what you would expect from a cheap all inclusive holiday. Although the pool bar is very nice, you chose from a menu. (Burgers, chicken, spaghetti, chips, sandwich, pizza, salad.) from 2-4 and the same at the beach but 12-2.
The newspaper restaurant opposite the restaurant can be used as many times with all inclusive as long as you book.
You have to sign for every meal and drink you have but that is only so they can take note.
Tuck tucks come every 5 mins to and from the beach, 2 very friendly older men.
Free wifi in the library by the restaurant although very temperamental.
Towels are 10 dinar and 1 to get changed (10 dinar is about £4)
The entertainment is very naff and unorganised but they try!
There is a little kids pool, a main pool with music and activities, inside pool and a sunbathers pool. All very nice and the lifeguards lay out a bed for you where you like.
In the piano bar you get crisps, popcorn or nuts with your drink.
There is water sports activities on the beach with a photographer you can buy photos from as well as horse and camel rides.
As 2 young girls we did get a lot of unwanted attention in and out of the hotel, and one waiter wouldn't speak to us for the second week of our holiday as we didn't want to go out to coffee with him of a night time.
The animation staff took us and a few other people out clubbing one night which was quite a laugh.
This hotel is very good value!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- KANTA Resort 4 star hotel is ideally located in the heart of the most popular tourist resort of Port El Kantaoui. The hotel is set in beautiful gardens with hundreds of palm and olive trees, displaying the double advantage of being both close to a sandy beach and the golf course. The hotel is divided into three buildings : • Main building : is the reception, the «Palme d’Or» bar, the main Buffet restaurant «La Fontaine», the «Newspaper» gourmet restaurant, and reading room «Les Fougères», a bridge room, the Moorish cafe «Oasis», suites and rooms. • The building opposite the pools is composed of rooms and family apartments. • The third building consists of an indoor pool, a fitness center, a wellness center «Kamari» and an Irish pub «Pùca». ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Kanta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kanta Hotel Port El Kantaoui
- Kanta Hotel Tunisia
- Hotel Kanta Tunisia/Port El Kantaoui