The hotel has a serious problem with noise from the hotel being built next door.
Although we were informed by Thomson's a few weeks before going that "noise may be heard from some of the outside areas" there was no indication that it would be 24/7.
When we arrived on Sunday 13 May a generator was pounding away and workmen arrived at 7.30 each morning.
The noise in our sea view room was so bad - you could still hear the generator with the windows closed - that we moved to a room at the back of the hotel. A great shame as it meant exchanging a view of the Med for one of the rooftops, but at least it was quieter. Several other guests had to do the same.
The hotel is very dated and rather gloomy, but it's clean and the food is excellent. Most of the staff are friendly as long as they get a regular supply of tips.
Unfortunately there seems to be a two-tier system, with all-inclusive guests taking second place. There is a separate menu for them at the pool bar and a superior one for those on half and full-board. If you are all-inclusive and want a coffee or tea you serve yourself from urns by the pool and in the hotel bar. And despite wearing wristbands you have to give your room number and sign a receipt every time you order a drink.
The hotel is well situated and despite all it's quirks is reasonable value for money - despite the cockroach discovered in the bathroom. But until the hotel next door is finished - and that's not likely to be this year - it cannot be recommended
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up across from the golf club, have a walk on the seafront, explore the paved alleys of Port El Kantaoui or simply unwind at the pool: Marhaba Palace is a dream place for an unforgettable stay. In the restaurant, a collection of great wines and local cuisine with the flavours of thyme and basil pamper the palate. This charming hotel, in the heart of the resort of port El Kantaoui, will seduce you with its personalised hospitality and efficient, discrete service.Welcome to MARHABA PALACE ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Southall Travel, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Marhaba Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marhaba Palace
- Marhaba Palace Tunisia
- Tunisia Marhaba Palace
- Marhaba Palace Port El Kantaoui
- Marhaba Palace Hotel Tunisia/Port El Kantaoui