Marhaba Palace Hotel
LTI Bellevue Park(Port El Kantaoui)
US$94
US$89
Hotels.com
US$190
US$125
US$119
US$113
El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui(Port El Kantaoui)
US$38
Hotels.com
  • Pool
El Mouradi Palm Marina(Port El Kantaoui)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$45
El Mouradi Club Selima(Port El Kantaoui)
US$48
US$47
US$156
  • Pool
Hotel Abou Sofiane(Port El Kantaoui)
US$97
  • Breakfast included
Steigenberger Kantaoui Bay(Port El Kantaoui)
US$153
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Diar El Andalous(Port El Kantaoui)
US$240
  • Beachfront
2,261 results
All reviewsanimation teamsea viewomeletteport elplenty of choicewater sportsprivate beachmain restauranttipwaitermarinatunisiaholidayentertainmentmarioman
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Four friends ,we stayed 18june-2july.Flight with THomson was good,airport was chaos but we survived it.
Note ,we have stayed here 7 times previously,we won't got back
Its AI but where you watch the "SHOWS", its not?Wine beer or soft drinks,The 5 Lads who are the Animation couldn't understand why people din't attend the shows,some did yes but people want VFM not beer served in a plastic beaker the size of a tea cup.The food was warm at best ,if you like spicy food go elsewhere ,or try the Harissa off the salad table and use it to add a taste of something to bland food,Seriously would like to go to the Hotel where the meat is served that was supposed to be with the bones served here..Befriend the bar manager in the main bar,A really nice man Fetidth,(pronounced Fatty)and again in the evening the waiter with the same name would sort any probs you may have regarding restaurant etc.
The main Gents toilet inside the hotel overflowed while we were there,as did the Ladies at the outside bar,not just water .
There was an ongoing BUG GOING ABOUT ,WE PERSONALLY SUFFERED ,AS DID PEOPLE WE'D MET THERE.,The Thomson Rep said to us the Medicine we'd brought with us fron UK wasn't strong enough ,we should get a Tunisian medicine from the Pharmacy,SHE wasn't aware of any bug ,some Rep she was ,but going on a trip she was great.
There was noise from the new hotel ,being built ,its in its 3rd year now and has never REALLY bothered us,a hammer here or there,not much,perhaps we've been lucky.As had been said the hotel needs knockin' down ,they're putting a plaster over fatal cuts,no-one survives that.Room 115 is overlooking the garden ,end of a corridor and peaceful,nowhere near the building work.not a great view but you don't go to stay in a room.
Sunbeds ?most had been reserved by 0545,particully those by the pool man who was there while it was still dark,at this time 0500.....Some beds had been reserved with him but had been snapped up by even earlier risers,we witnessed some unhappy campers.
Still want to go to Port El Kantoui?my advice,and I've been ther 20 or so times,pay more and go to The Imperial Marhaba,not so central as the palace but an even much nicer experience.
Ihave emailed Thomsom regarding selling an AI holiday thats not and have yet to recieve a reply

Room Tip: wifi in the lobby only
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank graham p
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This holiday has been our first trip to Tunisia and hopefully it won't be our last. After reading some of the previous reviews I was a little concerned about staying at this hotel but I was very pleasantly surprised. We arrived at midday and the reception could not have been more helpful. Our room was at the front of the hotel overlooking the gardens- we didn't have any trouble with noise. The room was spotlessly clean and we had fresh linen and towels everyday. The room was a decent size and there was plenty of wardrobe space and hangers. The food at lunch time and the evening meal was very good, we stayed for two weeks and never got bored with the selection. The food was put out in small amounts and replenished quickly, at least you know it was fresh and not been "sitting around" for two hours. Breakfast was served in a separate dining room from the evening meal, we always sat by the window overlooking the gardens. There was plenty of choice at breakfast, most cereals are available, fruit, pastries, omelettes, pancakes, donuts. The lady who makes the omelettes is a treasure and was always friendly an cheerful. In fact I cannot think of a single member of staff who was not friendly. There were plenty of sunbeds and parasols available around the pool and on the beach- we never had a problem. There were activities around the pool but we were not hassled like in other hotels we have stayed at. The animation team were good and worked extremely hard. The alcoholic drinks were served in small glasses and plastic cups in the piano bar and around the pool. We opted most evenings to go to the American bar where the drinks seemed to taste better! We did not tip any member of staff until halfway through our holiday and I can honestly say we were treated no differently- the staff could not do enough for us.
We had a lovely relaxing holiday and would definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Gillian B
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Just spent ten days at this hotel.
after reading so many reviews which vary so much thought I would give my honest opinion on this hotel.We stayed in room 232 which was on the second floor. Comfy bed, and a good view of pool and the sea. Could be quite noisy with entertainment team working ( but you are on holiday and expect this. Didnt stop me sleeping )
The food was lovely. I cant fault this, plenty of choice, maybe could be a little repetitive but I loved it.
Where we had our lunch at the pool bar daily the waitress who looked after us was fab. Nothing was too much trouble for her.
The beach was fab. Mos who looked after us every day is a very special young man.( Hope you find your dreams )
Locality of this hotel is fab. a short walk to the Marina. I personally didnt like the hassleing from the locals on the marina but do accept this is the norm for this area.
I only have a couple of little negatives on the holiday.
The main lounge (blue) does not have enough airconditioning and there was not enough bar staff on. Also when you sit in this lounge waiting to go in for your evening meal the seats were often wet where people have been to the pool and then sat in the lounge in there swimwear.
My last negativity was the gentleman who changed your money at reception could do with smiling a lot more, I often felt as if I was being a trouble to him.

Overall I had a fab time at this hotel and I woud go back even with the couple of negatives.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2014

All in all a lovely hotel , clean and fantastic service from the staff.
The downside comes from the entertainment side , there is none !! The animation team do their best but a bunch of 5 lads putting on their own show for an hour an evening is quite frankly a terrible idea. It's tacky and boring.
A walk to the Harbour would be nice but we went twice 1 in the day 1 in the evening and the hassle you get is unbelievable and 1 lady I spoke to was spat on as she would not go into the owner's shop, they do hiss at you if you won't enter.
This is NOT a good place to take kids and there is nothing for them to do , I never once saw the kids play area door open.
The beach is lovely , the pool is too but unless your prepared to get up at 4am and reserve a sunbed you wont get one , we were there for 2 weeks and never got one ever,
the food is ok always piping hot but limited fruit it's always melon . The american bar is the best place to have a beer , much better then the lounge bar and still on the inclusive deal. It's open til 2am but chargeable after midnight. all in all a relaxing holiday as there is nothing to do .Be aware there is a huge hotel being built next door so some building noise goes on .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ukgal2004
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Just returned from a 2 week stay with my girlfriend. We both had a fantastic time. The service we received was superb, rooms always clean, the animation staff work their little socks off. Plenty of activities throughout the day, Zumba, waterpolo, darts, bowls. There is also mini golf but the course is awful but it was still a laugh. There is also pool and table tennis in the facility. I was a little surprised to hear you actually had to pay for the gym. Iv also heard a few stories about the spa but I'll let you find out for yourself as I never tried it out. The breakfast was always nice, fresh omelettes, eggs, dounts, crossiants and plenty of hot food. The beach bbq was nice with plenty of variety. The evening food was a little hit and miss, possibly wouldn't be for you if you are very fussy. The evening waiter we had was fantastic Fahti (2400) I think. Such a lovely guy. The pool guys were also good, kept topping our drinks up. I do think the hotel need to look at the size of the drinks they are serving, you get these tiny kids plastic beakers. The beer was ok I'm not fussy, my girlfriend wasn't keen on the wine. The main bar and American bar were good fun and we met some lovely couples, and we ended up spending most of the holiday with them drinking until the early hours! Overall, a great stay. I would recommend to all.

• Stayed: June 2014