Stayed here 1st 2 weeks aug and just returned home. I normally find the 2nd week goes far too quick when on holiday but to be honest it dragged! The hotel, food, staff and thomsons rep we couldn't fault as all excellent. Our 1st week was quite lovely apart from the frequent rows/screaming in different areas of hotel from Sudan arabics starting on Tunisian staff. It was awful to sit through almost every meal listening to it all! I found the sunbed situation was a bit of a con for most as pool staff would start work at 5am and place their own towels on 90% of beds therefore basically forcing most to pay him to have beds! We managed to have a deal with him and paid him 10 dinars a week to save the same beds. Yes it's cheap but still inappropriate, he must have his own little stash of money building very well indeed. It seemed to be from the day the 4year old Arabic girl nearly drown that it started gradually going downhill. Her parents were nowhere to be seen and my 10 year old daughter, her friend and friends dad were the ones who noticed this poor little girl at the bottom of the pool! Luckily after observation at hospital she was fit and well. We then had a power cut one night at around 11.30pm that lasted till 1.20am. We had helped a young couple by opening the lift between floors and pull them through. (final destination flying through my mind!)
Special mention to Christine the rep, Mr Ali food and bev manager, souguir our waiter and all the animation team. Billy and willy kept my retired parents well entertained with activities as well as my 10 year old daughter. Zumba is a must really good laugh! Just as the title says beware of power ranger ladies ( you will know what I mean if you are in the pool) very rude Arabics from Sudan. In the 2nd week that's when we were finding these rude, arrogant people were actually starting to ruin such a lovely hotel. It's only a shame really that certain customers can spoil such a good holiday destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up across from the golf club, have a walk on the seafront, explore the paved alleys of Port El Kantaoui or simply unwind at the pool: Marhaba Palace is a dream place for an unforgettable stay. In the restaurant, a collection of great wines and local cuisine with the flavours of thyme and basil pamper the palate. This charming hotel, in the heart of the resort of port El Kantaoui, will seduce you with its personalised hospitality and efficient, discrete service.Welcome to MARHABA PALACE ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Marhaba Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marhaba Palace
- Marhaba Palace Tunisia
- Tunisia Marhaba Palace
- Marhaba Palace Port El Kantaoui
- Marhaba Palace Hotel Tunisia/Port El Kantaoui