We have just returned from Abou sofiane and unfortunately I agree with most of the poor reviews on here. However, I had a good time and thankfully had no bad experiences.
I will say if you are used to 4 star accommodation this is definitely not the hotel for you! We ended up at this hotel because it was the cheapest holiday we found! More a 2/3 star!
1) food - not too bad. I always found something to eat. I was very wary of the food and lived mostly on salad and rice. The al a carte restaurant was ok however my boyfriend ended up with an upset stomach the following day. I think if your careful with what you eat then you will be ok.
2) We stayed in room 121 pretty basic but we didnt have any problems that others reported. Had a balcony bath/shower etc, dressing table plenty of storage.When we arrived that put us in a family room because they had no room thankfully they moved us the following day. Our room was cleaned every day in other words they made the bed and emptied the bin and gave us clean towels.
3) staff - friendly think they were more helpful once you tipped them! But we didn't do this until we left and everything we asked for they got us. Also, I was with my boyfriend and the men workers are slighty over-friendly regardless of whether he was there or not!
4) hygiene - the glasses, plates etc were literally thrown in water and reused so not the most hygienic!
5) entertainment - animation team were v.good tried to involve everyone with dancing etc. at first, when we initially arrived we thought it was abit 18-30's with how much energy they have and If you want to chill around the pool with no hassle/noise etc it can be a bit tiresome. But as time goes on you get used to it! They animation team are very friendly and good and put on a show every night but if you are after something a bit lively then you will have to leave the hotel at night because it goes quiet after 'showtime' the animation team do invite people on nights to clubs etc obviously for a entrance fee.
6) general - massive q's for the bar in busy periods could leave you waiting for about 15 mins.
The location was good close to the beach it is quite a bit of a walk to the marina but well worth it. Marina is very pretty but you can get a taxi from right outside for £2.
Cheap as chips! - 200 cigarettes cost about £15/16. You do get quite a few people coming into the hotel trying to sell you various excursions - camel riding etc but they are cheapish and if you tell them no they do leave you alone.
Pool - people tend to leave their towels by the pool and then might not return all day which can be annoying. But the pool guy is quite helpful will get you a bed and mattress.
Also, be careful of your belongings we locked everything in our suitcases because a few thefts were reported during our stay.
I hope this helps!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Abou Sofiane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resort All Inclusive Abou Sofiane
- Occidental Abou Sofiane
- Allegro Abou Sofiane
- Abou Sofiane Hotel
- Hotel Abou Sofiane Tunisia/Port El Kantaoui