Hotel Riviera
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$124
US$118
El Mouradi Palm Marina(Port El Kantaoui)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$360
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Diar El Andalous(Port El Kantaoui)
US$162
US$147
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Daphne Club Miramar(Port El Kantaoui)
  • Breakfast included
Marhaba Palace Hotel(Port El Kantaoui)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$59
STEIGENBERGER Kantaoui Bay(Port El Kantaoui)
US$159
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
El Mouradi Club Selima(Port El Kantaoui)
US$51
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui(Port El Kantaoui)
US$55
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Hotel Kanta(Port El Kantaoui)
HotelQuickly
1,722 results
All reviewsanimation teammain restaurantkids clubred winecome homeholidayentertainment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I came back from Hotel Riviera on the 16/10/11 after one weeks stay my third time in the hotel this year it's a very friendly hotel and as I travel on my own this is important to me, they have the best staff and a wonderful animation team( Sams team) who never forget a face. Rooms are spotless as is the hotel and pool area I will return again and again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Shirley d
Reviewed 27 October 2011

We had no problems with this hotel. Walking into the hotel i was amazed at the decor. It was amazing! We was quickly checked in and our luggage bought to our rooms. The rooms are very good sizes and had a lovely view. You can hire the safe in the room for the equivilant to £10 a week and a £10 deposit.

We had no problems with the food or the drinks. Both was of good Standard. Lunch times food was available in the restaurant, by the pool or on the beach, so whereever you are you are never far away from food or drink! You can go to the Italian and Tunisian restaurants once a week which makes a nice change to the buffett setting but i was a bit disappointed with the service in the Tunisian restaurant, it was very unorganised.

The pool and the beach was both very nice and kept clean, was nice to spend time by both and having the beach so close was great. By the pool you could join in with the days activities which the animation team work very hard at, but you dont have to.

Port El Kantaoui is a short stroll away, around 20 mins. You can either walk along the beach or along the road side or can get a taxi for a pound or two. It is really nice to spend some time wandering around the Port. We ate at La Narfoura by the fountains which was lovely food and very good value, the portion sizes are very generous and very nice staff that are not pushy and leave you to enjoy your meal.

Overall this is a great hotel with great staff and is in a great location. A great Value hotel that i would recommend to all.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2011

We didn't know what to expect as it was such a bargain, but we were pleasantly surprised.

LOCATION - Great, lovely beach (seemed to be the only part of the beach that was cleaned every day) close to Harbor

ROOMS - Spacious rooms, very clean, clean towels daily with a friendly service from the maids, one minor moan is that the beds and pillows are very hard, I which gave me difficulty in sleeping

SERVICE - Stunning, always greeted with a smile, I've never known such friendly people, so welcoming. After a few times of going to the bar, the barman knew my drink order and got it ready when he saw me coming

FOOD - This is the hotels downfall, it was FINE, probably what I expected, but could be better. Ommlettes cooked to order, pasta cooked to order too. Its great that they don't take note of your room number so you can go in again if you get peckish

DRINKS - Local beer is quite nice and so is the local wine, coca cola and orange fanta served which was a pleasant surprised

TIPS - Don't buy bottled water, just ask at the bar, they give it you for free.
If you ask at the beach bar they will cook you burger and chips no problem even though its not advertised
Tip the man working on the beach and he will save you a sun lounger which is great
We went mid October, its too cold for pool and sea

OVERALL VERY GOOD HOTEL WE REALLY ENJOYED IT AND WOULD DEFINATELY RECCOMMEND IT!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Just returned on Monday from an 8 days holiday at the Rivera and can definitely say we had a great time. Four of us went myself my husband and my daughter and her boyfriend. It was our 1st trip to Tunisia and a last minute booking. The hotel itself could do with a little bit of a refurbish but our room was cleaned and tidied everyday and we thank our lovely cleaner Dija for that. The food a little repetitive but we always found something we liked especially at lunchtime by the pool.... the crepes were lovely! The staff were lovely and couldnt do enough to help you. We had so many laughs with our friend the bell boy (black brother..in his words) Ainsley Harriotts stepbrother! He is so funny and was forever making us laugh. Then of course the Animation team (Ali Slim Smiley Madi Monica etc) which were always on the go keeping everybody amused and active....but if you didnt want to participate there was no pressure. La Bomba and Waka Waka is still in my head!!! Slim ( Mr Hyperactive) as my husband likes to call him is great fun and always on the go!! A 15 minute walk away from the Hotel is the Marina at Port El Kantaoui with a lovely musical fountain and bars and restaurants. Plenty of supermarkets with great prices for leather bags shoes sandals and gifts which was far easier than haggling and still very cheap.
There was only one problem which I feel people should be aware of and that is locking away your money safely in your room as my daughter and her boyfriend had an incident with a cleaner not our regular cleaner it was when she had a day off and another cleaner covered our rooms. Safes are provided in the rooms but a deposit is required and the safe that was actually in our room had no lock on it...so was of no use anyway! Bear in mind this was just one problem with a cleaner and it does not reflect on all staff at the Hotel....they are poorly paid and work very very hard and always with a smile a hello and how are you today. On the whole we had a great time and are seriously considering returning.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Wish I was still there! Just got home today and already looking to book for new years! The hotel looked 1st class and our stay was 1st class. My little sister (shakira) used the kids club wich she loved, a special thanks to monia who had just started but was brill!

The animation team made the holiday ,slim smiley sam monia all amazing! Was shy at first but they soon had me doing the bomba each night!

Staff couldn't do more for us and were all great!

Hopefully returning at new years !

• Stayed: October 2011