Arrived home early hours of this morning after a two week holiday in the hotel Riviera, and honestly I couldn't have asked for a nicer hotel to stay in!
We arrived at the hotel at 3am. Check in time was very quick and efficient, and the porters were very quick to help us with our luggage and show us to the room fully. I shared a room with my mum and dad, and even though it was small, it was clean and the air conditioning was a real godssent after a stuffy coach journey. My only criticism would be that the rooms don't cater for 3 adults, the sofa bed was hard and uncomfy, but it was OK for the night.
Very please with the choice of food at breakfast time. There was always toast, omelette, fried egg and pancakes made fresh, and the buffet was at an OK standard.
The pool area was always very clean, but if you didn't get up at stupid oclock, you would struggle to get a sun bed, unless of course you tipped the pool staff which we did. After doing that, we were guaranteed enough sunbeds for our party every day, and in the exact same place as the day before. I strongly recommend doing this, even if its only 10 dinar.
Now to the animation team. They work very very hard everyday, and always have activities to participate in. They would always make the effort to sit on your bed and talk to you, but they weren't pushy. They are the most friendly people you could meet, especially Djo, Chico, Khaled, Bibo and Ayman. We made friends with the whole team, and the shows they presented were quite high quality. The comedy shows weren't as good, but trust me, you will cry with laugher. My only fault (which isnt really a fault) would be that they are not allowed to converse with guests past 11pm, which is when the pool security would be on duty, however on Friday nights they take guests to the local nightclub Metalica. I was a bit wary on going with them (Chico, Khaled, Djo and Aymen) as you hear endless tall tales, but they looked after me and got me back to the hotel safely.
At a lunch time I only ate in the pool bar.This was very high standard and always had a good variety of food to eat. Pizza, burgers chips and pancakes were always cooked fresh on order, the salad bar was always stocked and the hot counter always had chicken nuggets for the kids. The bar itself could become quite busy, but this is understandable as it would reach 40 degrees in the afternoon, drinks were definitely needed.
The slides opened three or four times a day, and stayed on for about half an hour each time, maybe more depending on how hot the day was. Even though the pool was deep, it was always clean and very refreshing.
Dinner was always at a high quality, and the waiting staff were always on form. When you are assigned to a table, you stay around that area every evening with the same waiter. By the end of the holiday our waiter (Ali) knew all of our drinks, and automatically had them waiting for us as soon as he saw us walking to the restaurant.
I was a bit sceptical before coming to this hotel, as there has been a lot of bad reviews, but honestly, I had the best time, and we are looking to go back this October. If you go with an open mind you will completely enjoy yourself and I am very much looking forward to returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-inclusive Hotel Riviera is located in a splendid environment, just 250 meters from the beach and features beautiful and elegant 4-star accommodation. All of the hotel's rooms and suites are well furnished, stylishly decorated and equipped with modern en suite facilities. You are sure to enjoy a view from your room of the swimming pool, the verdant garden or the sea. For meals and drinks Hotel Dessole Riviera Resort features 4 restaurants and a selection of bars. Enjoy international and local cuisine and a variety of drinks, cocktails and wines. The hotel is located in Port El Kantaoui just a short walk from marina and near a 36-hole golf course and the famous Sousse Medina. Hotel Rooms: 295 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Riviera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Caribbean Village Riviera
- Hotel Riviera Tunisia/Port El Kantaoui