After moving too this hotel from another we were pleasantly surprised.
. very friendly welcome
. impressive reception area
. immediate allocation of room
. cases brought to room
. room was clean (although a little tired)
. comfortable beds
. restaurant very good with a wide selection of food
. tasty but not as hot as expected
. two ladies working in restaurant extremely lovely and helpful (apologies names escape me)
. soup each day was always very good and bread also (very hot)
. meat pie was very tasty/potatoes/lamb chouder
. house red was acceptable
. excellent service always a friendly smile and ushered to table.
. bar was very tastefully decorated/furnished and bar staff especially the evening shift Eddy from 4pm was very attentive all you needed was a thumb up and drinks were waiting as you arrive at the bar very impressed with this and showed our appreciation (tipped well)
. pool bar - not very impressed food poor and staff extremely rude and unhelpful had a heated discussion when asked for bottle of water was refused ?? not happy !
. entertainment staff although a bit of a joker pushing his luck a little , but he was good and meant well, very helpful when you needed assistance.
. conveniences - in general area/reception and pool areas not clean at all very poor indeed not hygienic despite cleaners being there a lot of the time (usually chatting)
. A La Carte restaurant - mmmm what can we say apart from this was NOT A La Carte at all.
Chef Ramsey would not be a happy man!
. Rhiad - representive Thomas Cook extremely helpful and always a friendly smile and always available (we didn't need his help thankfully.
. all in all we had a very pleasant stay for a 3*** plus hotel you get what you pay for.
hotel is a little dated in rooms but that really is all you can say. very nice hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-inclusive Hotel Riviera is located in a splendid environment, just 250 meters from the beach and features beautiful and elegant 4-star accommodation. All of the hotel's rooms and suites are well furnished, stylishly decorated and equipped with modern en suite facilities. You are sure to enjoy a view from your room of the swimming pool, the verdant garden or the sea. For meals and drinks Hotel Dessole Riviera Resort features 4 restaurants and a selection of bars. Enjoy international and local cuisine and a variety of drinks, cocktails and wines. The hotel is located in Port El Kantaoui just a short walk from marina and near a 36-hole golf course and the famous Sousse Medina. Hotel Rooms: 295 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Hotel Riviera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Caribbean Village Riviera
- Hotel Riviera Tunisia/Port El Kantaoui