We stayed here as a family with two children aged 5 and 7. We had a very relaxing fun family holiday. Got chatting to lots of other English guests who were lovely.
On arrival check in was quick, staff took our luggage up to the room. The room was clean and spacious, had nice size balcony and a fridge.Lovely view of the sea. Rooms were cleaned daily with fresh towels and beach towels. The hotel is quite large but had no problems with the lifts or getting around.
The hotel was very clean, food was nice with lots of choice.
Pools were a good size, could always get sunbeds.
Staff were nice and friendly, animation team were very good and do work very hard.
The beach is lovely with white sand, very tranquil and beautiful. Lots of camels and horses going past on the shore. Locals ask you about trips/watersports etc but don't pester you.
Went to the marina, lots of lovely restaurants, shops and fabulous yachts. At the marina locals constantly are asking you to have a drink, have food, look in there shop and some were quite rude when you didn't wish too.
Need to haggle when out we paid 5 Dinar for horse and cart ride back to the hotel from the marina, when others were paying up to 15 Dinar.
- pool slides only open an hour a day - it doesn't say this in the brochure if it had done we wouldn't of chose to stay here.
- when the room was cleaned we weren't left with enough bath towels - only two for the four of us. Had to ask the cleaners for more, who did give us more towels. This didn't happen again.
-the walk to the beach, it isn't a short stroll in my opinion and further than we imagined. This wasn't a problem but could imagine it to be a problem for people with mobility problems.
-evening entertainment was quite poor, although the children enjoyed it, but we expected more than bingo, karaoke and the animation staff but on there own shows. Obviously the animation team did the best they could, but we expected outside acts to do shows. Particularly as this is supposed to be a 4 star resort!
-Hair dyer is useless!!!
Overall we had a fantastic holiday, and didn't really have any problems. We would stay here again and would recommend this to friends / family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-inclusive Hotel Riviera is located in a splendid environment, just 250 meters from the beach and features beautiful and elegant 4-star accommodation. All of the hotel's rooms and suites are well furnished, stylishly decorated and equipped with modern en suite facilities. You are sure to enjoy a view from your room of the swimming pool, the verdant garden or the sea. For meals and drinks Hotel Dessole Riviera Resort features 4 restaurants and a selection of bars. Enjoy international and local cuisine and a variety of drinks, cocktails and wines. The hotel is located in Port El Kantaoui just a short walk from marina and near a 36-hole golf course and the famous Sousse Medina. Hotel Rooms: 295 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Easy Market Spa, Expedia, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Riviera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Caribbean Village Riviera
- Hotel Riviera Tunisia/Port El Kantaoui