My boyfriend and I went to this hotel last august for 10 days, and we could have easily gone for 2 weeks! What a fabulous hotel. We were a little dubious due to some reviews but there was absolutely no need to be!
Arrival - we arrived the same time as 5 other planes. Be prepared for a wait in the airport! The staff don't seem to be in a rush. Arrival at the hotel was great, about 40mins from the airport and we were greeted with dancers and a drink. Check in was easy and we were able to be in our room pretty much straight away.
Room - everything you need is there, don't expect 5* facilities. Everything worked, air con was brilliant and it's actually the best nights sleep I ever had on holiday.
Pool - as we went in peak times it was very busy, however we tipped the pool boy and he saved us the same sunbeds which was very much appreciated! Pool was lovely, I spent most of my time in there, lovely temperature.
Food - I'm quite a fussy eater but I was always full! There's some English favourites like chips and chicken nuggets and I lived off the freshly made paninis - lovely! None of us had an upset stomach but we knew which kind of foods to avoid.
Entertainment - we didn't really watch this as we spent most nights having a wander somewhere, but what we did see was ok.
Service - lovely staff, we didn't tip straight away but as we got to know them, a couple of dinar here and there was most appreciated by them. Especially in the lobby bar, I pretty much had a glass of vodka with a dash of coke!
Area - we walked into the marina a few times. It's only a 15 minute walk. In the marina, I didn't find the shop owners too bad, but I am used to Egypt where they drag you inside! If you said no thank you, they mostly left you alone.
Trips - we went to the roman ruins and a couple of boat trips - these were good and it was nice to have a change of scenery.
Overall we had a fantastic holiday, and we would return here in a heartbeat. Those complaining about little things are fussy. Don't expect 5* treatment if you don't pay those kind of prices! Would recommend to anyone :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-inclusive Hotel Riviera is located in a splendid environment, just 250 meters from the beach and features beautiful and elegant 4-star accommodation. All of the hotel's rooms and suites are well furnished, stylishly decorated and equipped with modern en suite facilities. You are sure to enjoy a view from your room of the swimming pool, the verdant garden or the sea. For meals and drinks Hotel Dessole Riviera Resort features 4 restaurants and a selection of bars. Enjoy international and local cuisine and a variety of drinks, cocktails and wines. The hotel is located in Port El Kantaoui just a short walk from marina and near a 36-hole golf course and the famous Sousse Medina. Hotel Rooms: 295 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Agoda, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Riviera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Caribbean Village Riviera
- Hotel Riviera Tunisia/Port El Kantaoui