This was our first time in Tunisia. The hotel was excellent for the money, rooms were decent and cleaned daily with bottled water supplied.There was an old school TV with approx. 10 channels mostly in Arabic and German and one channel in English with Arabic subtitles running just good movies which was quite good if you want to stay in after a long day out. The food was absolutely fabulous. All the time there was plenty to choose from and to be honest to try all of it I gained 4lbs after a week. Can't say the same about alcoholic drinks though, beer was great but cocktails apart from the cocktail bar were made poorly with poor choice and the disco bar even had a cocktail machine instead of a bartender making them. For larger measures you need to tip the staff as well as for better service which is good anyway. One dinar each time ain't much but does the trick. The outdoor pool is fab although my fiancée found it a bit too cold in June. The private beach was a bit disappointing at first with lots of algae but for the last four days of our stay was just like in the pictures. Indoor pool was fine as well but if you want to use the sauna you have to pay for it. Animation team was great all the time working hard to get us entertained great credit. The disappointment was disco at night there was one on Monday and Tuesday when we haven't gone as we have just arrived and after that there wasn't any until the end of our stay. Going outside the hotel was not that fun though. It was our first time so we didn't know what to expect and there are sellers everywhere running after you to visit their shop what is frustrating and annoying. The same in the nearby Medina in Sousse. If it's not a government store everyone wants to haggle and they won't let you leave easy. When we were going back from Sousse to the hotel on a little road train we passed many police patrols with machine guns what was quite frightening. Last thing to mention is that you can smoke virtually anywhere in Tunisia. So just getting into the hotel lobby you can smell cigarettes. We don't smoke so it was a bit annoying at times. Overall it was a very good stay and we would definitely recommend to anyone and go back again. Very good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-inclusive Hotel Riviera is located in a splendid environment, just 250 meters from the beach and features beautiful and elegant 4-star accommodation. All of the hotel's rooms and suites are well furnished, stylishly decorated and equipped with modern en suite facilities. You are sure to enjoy a view from your room of the swimming pool, the verdant garden or the sea. For meals and drinks Hotel Dessole Riviera Resort features 4 restaurants and a selection of bars. Enjoy international and local cuisine and a variety of drinks, cocktails and wines. The hotel is located in Port El Kantaoui just a short walk from marina and near a 36-hole golf course and the famous Sousse Medina. Hotel Rooms: 295 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Riviera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Caribbean Village Riviera
- Hotel Riviera Tunisia/Port El Kantaoui