We stayed for 7 nights in this all inclusive hotel, and whilst there was a few good things I personally found that the cons outweighed the pros.
Ok good things first.
Pool was great, very clean and a decent size.
Entertainment staff did try their very hardest to get people animated.
Room whilst basic was very clean and water provided daily.
Beach on the whole was nice.
Food was served promptly at stated times.
Whilst the pool was clean, there wasn't much else you could do to entertain yourself whilst the slides where closed. During the first couple of days we where driven mad by the life guards over use of the whistle blowing at the small kids who where trying to make their way out of the slide area the best they could.
The entertainment staff seemed a bit laddish, and would interupt you even when you had your ear phones in sun glasses on laying on a beach bed, this got very annoying whilst trying to relax. The DJ needs to take lessons in how to DJ as the quality of the music was not helped by it being blaired out as loud as the speakers would take. The music was also on repeat and by day 7 hearing La Bomba or Nosa Nosa played was very iterating.
The evening entertainment was shocking, so much that we had to walk away a couple of times as it did not engage the audience, and what was supposed to be entertaining for adults was only funny to the few kids who sat at the front of the stage (lack of stage mic).
As previously stated music was VERY VERY loud, and with two sources of music both different and played loud it was painful.
The rooms where basic, and the wiring in them is very dated and questionable. I would not liked to have left a child alone in our room for the fear of being electrocuted. No double beds so sadly out of luck if your a couple. There is AC but this also switches off when you leave the room, and when you are in your room it takes a long time for it to-do anything worth while.
Being like other normal people who take their mobile or laptop on holiday you could only charge it during the evening when your in your room you couldn't do this during the day due to the daft card setup which ment it was very easy to lock yourself out.
Food - The food had to be the most disappointing part of this holiday, it lacked any great quality and gave the whole family funny tummies for the whole week stay. One person described it as 'school dinner'. If you were not super early you would not get a table which ment that you would often hear an angry UK or Russian person shouting about how daft it was that there wasn't enough tables. My personal view is avoid the soup, and sea food dishes. Pasta is just about ok, the Pizza is ok but not amazing. Breakfast lacked basics such as Boiled eggs, sausages, bacon or anything that resembled a continential breakfast.
Drinks - Choice of Coke, Lemonade, Fanta, Water, Beer, and sprits. Im very sure its all diluted down, you will never get tipsy no matter how much you drink. Cocktails are out of a machine, and I would avoid these at all costs!
If your a person who likes to browse around un interrupted this isn't for you. You will be hassled on this holiday, often for tips, or to by things you don't want, and if you turn them down don't be suprised if you get some attitude.
On the whole, value for money with the weather we had i've come back feeling ok, it certainly isnt the destination for a relaxing break, I would not visit again however until some major improvements are made. It seems very popular with Russians, who the staff made quite clear that they didn't like.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-inclusive Hotel Riviera is located in a splendid environment, just 250 meters from the beach and features beautiful and elegant 4-star accommodation. All of the hotel's rooms and suites are well furnished, stylishly decorated and equipped with modern en suite facilities. You are sure to enjoy a view from your room of the swimming pool, the verdant garden or the sea. For meals and drinks Hotel Dessole Riviera Resort features 4 restaurants and a selection of bars. Enjoy international and local cuisine and a variety of drinks, cocktails and wines. The hotel is located in Port El Kantaoui just a short walk from marina and near a 36-hole golf course and the famous Sousse Medina. Hotel Rooms: 295 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Riviera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Caribbean Village Riviera
- Hotel Riviera Tunisia/Port El Kantaoui