I approached this holiday somewhat cautiously as I haven’t stayed in a 3~ hotel for many years. What I was looking for a reasonably priced hotel with good reviews that could accommodate my 19 year old daughter, my 80 year old mother and 70 year old mother- in- law!
From the moment we stepped in to the hotel we were made to feel welcomed and special. Absolutely nothing is too much trouble for any of the staff. The cleaners were efficient and friendly, the reception staff polite and efficient and the waiters had a remarkable ability to remember people’s names and drink preferences.
The animation team were constantly finding ways to keep both children and adults alike extremely well entertained whilst at the same time respecting that some people just wanted to chill out with a book. A really well balanced team who did their utmost to ensure that everyone had a good holiday.
The rooms were basic and a little tired looking but they were clean and functional which is all you really need when the rest of the hotel is so impressive.
The buffet restaurant provided enough choice so that we always found something to eat. The only thing that was disappointing for us were the 2 al a cartes. The restaurants themselves were beautifully designed and served 4 or 5 courses. Unfortunately, apart from the main meal when you did have a very limited choice of 2 dishes, everything else was a set menu. This is not an issue for anyone who eats anything put in front of them but we unfortunately found that the majority of the menu was not to our personal liking and I did notice several other tables were equally disappointed.
This is definitely a very good value for money 3* hotel and could easily be upgraded to a 4* hotel if there were just a few changes made. The room key is a programmed card which is not a problem but they will only give you one key. Despite several requests and even offering to pay a supplement for as second card they refused to issue more than 1 per room. The pool / beach towels are provided on your first day and you are told that they will be replaced every other day. In the 12 days that we stayed at the hotel we never once received clean towels and had to resort to taking the bath towels out that we had dried ourselves on the night before! This was a common problem experienced by all of the hotel guests I spoke to. There is absolutely nothing in the room that tells you about the main features of the hotel. The Thomas Cook rep did hold a welcome meeting. However, if you didn’t go there was nothing put through the door introducing himself to us or providing basic details that we needed to know about to make the most of our holiday. All relatively minor points which could easily be addressed by the hotel.
The Dessole Riviera is definitely a hotel that I will return to. Many of the people that we spoke to were returning guests and kept coming back because the hotel has such a warm friendly atmosphere. I do believe that, even if you were travelling alone, you would feel at ease and safe in the surroundings. Looking forward to my next visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-inclusive Hotel Riviera is located in a splendid environment, just 250 meters from the beach and features beautiful and elegant 4-star accommodation. All of the hotel's rooms and suites are well furnished, stylishly decorated and equipped with modern en suite facilities. You are sure to enjoy a view from your room of the swimming pool, the verdant garden or the sea. For meals and drinks Hotel Dessole Riviera Resort features 4 restaurants and a selection of bars. Enjoy international and local cuisine and a variety of drinks, cocktails and wines. The hotel is located in Port El Kantaoui just a short walk from marina and near a 36-hole golf course and the famous Sousse Medina. Hotel Rooms: 295 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Riviera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Caribbean Village Riviera
- Hotel Riviera Tunisia/Port El Kantaoui