Myself and my family have just returned from a 10 night stay at the hotel Dessole riviera and I have to say the only real good thing about the holiday was the beach and the weather. We were a group of 9 ages ranging from 6-56
The pool was overcrowded everyday and the music and activities put on by the entertainment team was very poor. The staff were mainly male and spent most of the time drooling over girls asking inappropriate things.
The food was awful. There was no variety what so ever. And because you aren't near anywhere you can't go get anything decent to eat so you're stuck.
Be careful on what you are eating as the chefs don't use different utensils for raw and cooked meats which made a few of our group really poorly.
The main downside to this hotel is the hygiene. Even though you see the staff clean it always seems dirty especially in the restaurant and toilets.
There is only wifi in the lobby which didn't bother us so much until you needed to go upstairs to your room and there were people sitting all over the stairs so you couldn't get passed. Absolutely ridiculous.
When we asked for clean beach towels on our last day so we didn't have to use our own they moaned and went to our room to check it to make sure we weren't hiding any other towels. They also did this with another room in our group and the maid even called the manager to check their room. Disgraceful.
It is the only place I've been where the staff expect a tip from you before they do anything for you which I did not give in to. If they did their job and we tipped them that's one thing but to not even bother unless you tipped was shocking. And if you didn't tip, they just ignored you and spent all their time with the guests who were willing to tip them.
The hotel bar was not very good either. Bottled pop which they poured you. All warm unless you nagged them for Ice. I know in Tunisia they don't drink alcohol but the alcohol they did serve in the hotel was watered down and not pleasant to drink.
Overall the hotel was very dated and unclean. However if you ventured into their sister hotel across the way. Completely different. Beautiful hotel. And owned by the same people so couldn't understand why the standards were so different.
If you're looking for a family holiday then this is not the place.
We would not recommend this hotel at all and will not be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-inclusive Hotel Riviera is located in a splendid environment, just 250 meters from the beach and features beautiful and elegant 4-star accommodation. All of the hotel's rooms and suites are well furnished, stylishly decorated and equipped with modern en suite facilities. You are sure to enjoy a view from your room of the swimming pool, the verdant garden or the sea. For meals and drinks Hotel Dessole Riviera Resort features 4 restaurants and a selection of bars. Enjoy international and local cuisine and a variety of drinks, cocktails and wines. The hotel is located in Port El Kantaoui just a short walk from marina and near a 36-hole golf course and the famous Sousse Medina. Hotel Rooms: 295 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Riviera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Caribbean Village Riviera
- Hotel Riviera Tunisia/Port El Kantaoui