Hotel staff polite , cheerful, welcoming, helpful, smiling, always greet you on meeting.
Hotel room, basic, in urgent need of refurbishment, not luxurious at all. Cleaned each day by a very conscientious cleaner called Lativa. But you cannot make a silk purse out out of a sows ear (I think is the saying).
The corridors to rooms carpets were soiled and dirty, with half painted , unfinished but not recently unfinished woodwork.
Restaurant, again conscientious staffing. Food very similar everyday. Lots of choice but most did not look that appetising and I never once got an aroma of something And thought wow I have got to have some of that.
I was concerned about hygiene levels of staff in restaurant. They were always busy but they use the same trolley for collecting empties and food waste as they did to transfer clean cutlery, serviettes, bottles of drink and upturned glassed. The trolley always looked grubby and they never seemed to wipe there hands. Between dirties and laying clean cutlery. . Any cutlery not noticeably used. By previous holidaymaker was left or shuffled around the table for the next setting. Water bottles had lids off already sitting on side and were often handled with hand over opening to transfer to table top. Taps on milk dispensers at breakfast looked all grubby
I actually had an upset stomach after each meal I had. I never once accepted ice cubes and was quite particular about my choices.
On arrival at hotel we were asked to sit in the bar but we did get a drink brought to us, unlike some that have reviewed.
We spent all week on sunbeds or in our room. So were well chilled and relaxed, however there. Is no way we will return to this hotel or tunisia. We were not impressed by anything. It Cost a lot of money for some beautiful sunshine and nothing else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tunisians are masters of the art of flavour. That’s why, at the IBEROSTAR Diar El Andalous hotel you’ll find that secret ingredient to make your stay one to truly savour. Recently refurbished, this 5-star hotel in Sousse offers beautiful gardens to stroll around and direct beach access so you can enjoy a view of the Mediterranean throughout your holiday in Tunisia. A unique recipe with six secret ingredients. Starting with a privileged location. In Port El Kantaoui, 25 km from Monastir International Airport and 40 km from Enfidha-Hammamet, right next to a beach you can access directly from the hotel and see from the balcony of your room. Add to this the most exclusive service. You can choose from 372 luxury rooms, 82 of which are Star Prestige and give exclusive access to private areas such as the chill out terrace with Balinese beds, and personalised services such as late check-out. Unwind in the steam of the hammam. Enjoy complete oriental therapy at the SPA Sensations, and with the help of the waters and our experts, reach a new level of relaxation. Massages, relaxation pool and 5-star beauty treatments designed to stop time in its tracks. Sweet delights for the kids. The little ones will find a genuine treat here in Sousse: the Miniclub. A specially-designed area where they’ll have a whale of a time splashing in the children’s pool, dancing or being creative with some painting. Garnished with Tunisian spices. Relish the best North African cuisine, such as couscous or stuffed phyllo pastry; be amazed by the skills of our chefs at the show cooking; and visit remote areas of Asia and Italy without leaving your table in the themed restaurants. Give your taste buds a treat. And, repeat. Because between days spent by the pool, the live music at the bars, water sports, afternoons on the golf course in pleasant sunshine, or fitness sessions, there’s bound to be one thing you haven’t done - the perfect excuse to make this hotel in Sousse a destination you keep returning too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Iberostar, TripOnline SA, HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Diar El Andalous reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Diar El Andalous Hotel Port El Kantaoui
- Mercure Hotel Sousse
- Accor Diar El Andalous
- Diar Andalous
- Iberostar Diar El Andalous Tunisia/Port El Kantaoui